ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

DB from NJ, Jaeden Gould, has an announcement at 5:00. Not saying it is to commit, but a "We Are Better" would make Monday pretty cool.
For sure it would. Really thought we would have heard some good reports by now. I have no premium access, so maybe there has been some positive weekend feedback there?

For sure it would. Really thought we would have heard some good reports by now. I have no premium access, so maybe there has been some positive weekend feedback there?

Your loss, for not having access. :(

On a broad overview, there were no real expectations of verbals over the weekend (these kids have been locked out of visiting any schools for over a year, and now things are open all month), and the reactions from/interviews with the prospects have been very positive.

Reactions: RickinDayton

On a broad overview, there were no real expectations of verbals over the weekend (these kids have been locked out of visiting any schools for over a year, and now things are open all month), and the reactions from/interviews with the prospects have been very positive.
Thanks. I did see the post above from Dani Dennis Sutton's mom. That was certainly encouraging.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

I think a lot of fans from various fan bases were expecting a flurry of commits as soon as visits started, but considering these kids haven't been able to visit ANYWHERE, I think we should probably expect them to take all their visits before deciding. And that's 100% reasonable. These kids deserve to take their time.

I do think that will create a very busy early July in the commitment business. Seems like a LOT of kids are using all 5 official visits in June, so expect July to be busy on the decision front.

I hope it is kosher with Tom that I say this, but I am 3 months into being behind a pay wall and it is great. Whether you go with Ryan or Sean, either way great information. The biggest thing I have learned, and I won't say which recruits, is that the staff is really selective. There are recruits we have discussed on here that we complain over not getting, but in some cases the staff cooled on them or were never even really going after them. Sometimes we see the 4*s and just think, "oh well the staff must really want them," but it just isn't how it works.

Thought I would pass that along.
Reposting from last year. Some seem to have forgotten.

As a follow-up to the above post by Texas Lion:
" "

Ge would be a great addition to this class and help reestablish a strong PSU presence in N.J. This is needed with the way other teams have been raiding that state and doing well.

It'll be PSU. Even one of USC's insiders just put in a CB pick for PSU.

Separately, Wiltfong put in a low confidence CB pick for Keon Sabb to Clemson.

Top prospect in NJ.

Reactions: Shadow99
It seems like they felt like they needed to offer Brubaker before they were fully comfortable doing so, they saw him work out on his official last weekend, and their initial suspicions were confirmed. It's an unfortunate part of the freeze last year - had they been able to get him on campus to camp last summer, they probably would have come to this conclusion a year ago.

Ultimately, I suspect that they worked him out and determined that he probably isn't going to be a tackle for us, and they have other guys they like a lot more (including Nelson) on the interior.
I live in his area. There are very few kids I don’t hear anything about early in their HS careers. Heard about Parsons and the kid from Warwick as Freshman. I think I heard about Menet and Singleton after their freshman year. Had literally never heard a thing about Brubaker until he popped up on the board a few months ago. That is not a guarantee he will not be a good college player, but I can’t think of a single elite college player from the mid-State who I had not heard about early in their HS careers. Maybe Bruce from Harrisburg would fit that category too. Was surprised when PSU offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and Ceasar
Would getting both Gould and Nelson in this class be the highest rated CB duo in PSU history??

:D :D
John Reid and Garrett Taylor in the 2015 class were #124 and #125 in the composite, respectively.

But that raises an interesting point. Gould and Nelson would be the first CBs ranked in the top-200 overall since 2015. That's a pretty surprising statistic, and reinforces just how much we've struggled to recruit that position.

They'd be a very good combo.

Reactions: hohmadw and TheGLOV

PSU COMMIT COULD BE UNDERRATED​

If college football has become or is becoming getting fast players in space and creating mismatches, I know it’s more complicated but you get my point, then
Kaden Saunders could be more valuable than ever. He was fast at the Rivals Camp in Indianapolis. But his performance at the Future 50 event over the weekend really made me believe he’s one of the better receivers in this class because of that speed and separation ability. The Penn State commit has been told he will be used like K.J. Hamler for the Nittany Lions but Saunders might even be more dynamic. After seeing him at some recent events, I have a hard time believing there are 21 more impactful receivers in the 2021 class.

-Rivals Adam Gorney

Didn't King have a not so great NFL career? Just asking.
Yeah, didn’t do much. Didn’t seem to like physical contact much from my recollection.
That said, I remember seeing him with the ball in his hands his freshman season and thought he was electric. Much more so than Derrick Williams.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT