ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Baltimore's 4* DL prospect Derrick Moore gathering CBs to Oklahoma. We were apparently among his favorites. Never got a great read on his recruitment, so not sure whether the staff pursued hard.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGLOV
With him recuperating from a knee injury maybe PSU is (not intentionally) dodging a problem down the road if it doesn’t heal 100%
I guess that is the new #5?

As much as I love Penn State and State College I for one would like to add a #6:

Do you know how fresh USC is and how many babes I saw walking around in just about nothing on my official visit?

I'm thinking Saunders is going to be getting some major love from the recruiting services soon. There is no way this kid isn't a top 100 player. I could see him moving to 5 star territory with some services. He's just so quick, no one stays with him.

I'm thinking Saunders is going to be getting some major love from the recruiting services soon. There is no way this kid isn't a top 100 player. I could see him moving to 5 star territory with some services. He's just so quick, no one stays with him.
Gotta give credit to our staff who recognized his ability after his freshman year despite pedestrian stats. PSU staff went all-in on Saunders and saw him as KJ Hamler II which is the perfect comp.

Yeah, there is a Wow factor there. Faster in a straight line than Hamler?

From what I can gather from reports from all these camps - he seems to have elite “wiggle” or “twitch” on top of that blazing 4.3 straight line speed. Sounds like DBs at these events can’t even get their hands on him at the snap, let alone keep up with him at the top of the route.

247 already has him in their top100. I’d imagine he’s due for another huge jump in the ratings here. The only knock on him seems to be his size, but I think that can be tough to dock someone on if every DB is having trouble even making contact.

From what I can gather from reports from all these camps - he seems to have elite “wiggle” or “twitch” on top of that blazing 4.3 straight line speed. Sounds like DBs at these events can’t even get their hands on him at the snap, let alone keep up with him at the top of the route.

247 already has him in their top100. I’d imagine he’s due for another huge jump in the ratings here. The only knock on him seems to be his size, but I think that can be tough to dock someone on if every DB is having trouble even making contact.
I watched a few of those touch drills where they give the receiver the ball in space 1 on 1 with DB and they had a really hard time even getting a finger on him. His change of direction is elite.

Last edited:
Another big recruiting weekend passes without a commitment?
giphy.gif

Those who actually follow PSUFB recruiting would know better than to ask this question.
Then why isn't there some discussion about what's up with the weekend's visitors here?

A tweet by a parent, or.....

Last edited:
Then why isn't there some discussion about what's up with the weekend's visitors here?

zzzz. Their officials started on Friday afternoon/evening. They'll be on their officials until Sunday. None of the recruiting sites bother the recruits during their officials. So lacking any information until after the officials are over, what exactly are you expecting people to discuss?

Another big recruiting weekend passes without a commitment?

If you look at the recruiting landscape around CFB right now, this is how it is.

These kids have been cooped up for more than a year, and even if they're almost certain on where they want to go, they're taking their visits. As they should.

Early July is going to be very, very busy in terms of commitments, I suspect.

Dohn has a 7 confidence crystal ball in this morning for current visitor WR Tyler Johnson. Tyler doesn't appear to be ranked in the overall and is listed by 247 as the #95 WR. Late riser?
Interesting.....must have performed well on his unofficial/workout visit. We are by far his biggest offer, and I don't think he has any other official visits scheduled. I'm guessing he's probably ours if we want him.

If you look at the recruiting landscape around CFB right now, this is how it is.

These kids have been cooped up for more than a year, and even if they're almost certain on where they want to go, they're taking their visits. As they should.

Early July is going to be very, very busy in terms of commitments, I suspect.

Yep, I wouldn’t expect a top 100 commit yesterday or this weekend. But a WR wanting to lock in the 4th WR spot in this class. Or an OL not as highly ranked that sees the opportunity that working with Coach Trautwein could be, wanting to lock in a spot......

Last edited:
Dohn has a 7 confidence crystal ball in this morning for current visitor WR Tyler Johnson. Tyler doesn't appear to be ranked in the overall and is listed by 247 as the #95 WR. Late riser?
Getting lots of interest from ACC teams after a big Spring season. 700+ rec yrds, 8 TDs rec, and 3 rushing. Lots of 30+ yd catches. 4.43 40 time. Has limited combine exp due to the whole covid thing. Plays in what appears to be a mid level state conference. I'm good if JF is good.

ADVERTISEMENT