ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Saunders is definitely going to bring another dimension that this offense is missing. We don't have a player even similar to him IMO. The closest is Dotson but he doesn't have Saunders' speed. He has the hands though and apparently so does Saunders. Hamler really is the best comp and Hamler opened up so much for us when we had him.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Between this photo and that video of Tyrece hitting some poor RB in HS like a pinball, he just seems like a bad, bad man.
He was just interviewed on TOS's podcast. What a great, entertaining personality this kid has. He's super enthusiastic about his opportunity to play for PSU. His personality reminded me a little of Marcus Allen.

He was just interviewed on TOS's podcast. What a great, entertaining personality this kid has. He's super enthusiastic about his opportunity to play for PSU. His personality reminded me a little of Marcus Allen.
I hope his hits remind us of him also.

I didn't read the article but if the biggest clickbait quote they could find to use in the tweet was "It makes things a little confusing" then I'm guessing he wasn't blown away by UF. He's not going to say anything bad about them after they just rolled out the red carpet for him and his family so "it makes things a little confusing" is about as good as you could hope for as a PSU fan.

(and that concludes today's version of reading into one sentence quotes from 18 year olds)

Haven't heard anything lately about PSU going after Abdul Carter, 4 star LB from PA. Any word on him potentially visiting? Reportedly visited South Car on 6/7. Does he have grade issues? His 247 profile might lead us to believe he will grow into a DE, already at 6'4" 235 lbs.

Not much talk about 2022 class LB recruiting in general. Seems that this class needs at least 2 athletic OLB's.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Haven't heard anything lately about PSU going after Abdul Carter, 4 star LB from PA. Any word on him potentially visiting? Reportedly visited South Car on 6/7. Does he have grade issues? His 247 profile might lead us to believe he will grow into a DE, already at 6'4" 235 lbs.

Not much talk about 2022 class LB recruiting in general. Seems that this class needs at least 2 athletic OLB's.
I did see some news that an LB from Florida that was scheduled to visit this weekend or next cancelled after being blown away at a visit to Florida State last weekend. Sorry, but the name escapes me.

They are recruiting some kids that could either play LB or DE like Moses Walker, Keon Wylie, Wesley Bissainthe and Anto Saka. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Strauss from PA gets an offer soon and Talley is a LB / DE hybrid. I think Abdul Carter camped or will camp at PSU. Sounds like there are still some good options on the table.

Last edited:
I did see some news that an LB from Florida that was scheduled to visit this weekend or next cancelled after being blown away at a visit to Florida State last weekend. Sorry, but the name escapes me.
Perhaps you are thinking of Omar Graham, Jr.?

LB prospect Bissainthe is also from Florida, but was at PSU last weekend.

They are recruiting some kids that could either play LB or DE like Moses Walker, Keon Wylie, Wesley Bissainthe and Anto Saka. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Strauss from PA gets an offer soon and Talley is a LB / DE hybrid. I think Abdul Carter camped or will camp at PSU. Sounds like there are still some good options on the table.
Most of the talk about Talley seems to be about DE, and the recent pictures of him show a very thick build so he may have already eaten and lifted himself to the DL.

After Strauss lit up the PSU camp and didn’t get an offer the staff must be waiting for other LB’s higher on their board to decide ....

Isn't Shelton back on campus this weekend? If so, we should know where we stand by Sunday.

Besides Shelton, we'll probably land JUCO JB Nelson. Givens (not sure if a take?) and Roye are on campus this weekend. Plus, not really being mentioned, 4* OH OT Aamil Wagner is visiting on 6/25 - while many have already written him off to OSU, he'll be on campus that weekend with fellow OH natives Allar and Saunders which can't hurt. Traut is scoping the talent at camps as well, still not panicking over here about OTs just yet. I'm probably missing some other prospects as well.

Some will probably complain that we are celebrating committed recruits solidifying their commitment but still really good to get the QBs locked in. Skill players want to know who their QB is going to be and we got a couple of good ones coming in.

Some will probably complain that we are celebrating committed recruits solidifying their commitment but still really good to get the QBs locked in. Skill players want to know who their QB is going to be and we got a couple of good ones coming in.
The PSU media team has always been gimmicky like this.

Nothing wrong with the 107% thing, IMO. Not sure many recruits are going to be swayed one way or the other by it, but if kids enjoy it, go for it.

Multiple CBs placed tonight for Jaeden Gould to USC, bad news

Yikes. That was sudden.

Donte Williams is a dynamite DB recruiter at USC. Managed to keep Domani Jackson home, and they're a very real threat to flip Will Johnson from Michigan, as well.

I mentioned it in the NLI thread -- and I have no idea if this played any role in Gould's interest in the Trojans -- but USC is absolutely cleaning up lately in recruiting by pitching the NLI angle to recruits. They are on an absolute roll right now in the recruiting game.

Truly a sleeping giant.......except for that whole Clay Helton thing.

Yikes. That was sudden.

Donte Williams is a dynamite DB recruiter at USC. Managed to keep Domani Jackson home, and they're a very real threat to flip Will Johnson from Michigan, as well.

I mentioned it in the NLI thread -- and I have no idea if this played any role in Gould's interest in the Trojans -- but USC is absolutely cleaning up lately in recruiting by pitching the NLI angle to recruits. They are on an absolute roll right now in the recruiting game.

Truly a sleeping giant.......except for that whole Clay Helton thing.
That will change in a hurry if that supposed report is about USC. But who knows if any validity to whatever that breaking story is about.

That will change in a hurry if that supposed report is about USC. But who knows if any validity to whatever that breaking story is about.
Looks to be about Arizona State.

Either way, USC is ahead of the curve now on NLI, but as others catch up, I suspect their advantage will diminish. Although big city schools will always be able to promote opportunities that smaller town schools can't.

Plus, they have Clay Helton. They'll be the most talented 8-4 school in the country.

I hope he signs with us, but if not I wish him well. Sometimes we just can’t believe that a young man felt more comfortable, enjoyed himself or actually thought another school was a better option for him. I hope we’re not deluged with the following usual sour taste responses:
1. Ours wasn’t a commit able offer.
2. He couldn’t qualify academically.
3. USC bagmen strike again.
4. And so on and so forth for a dozen other childish reasons.
It’s best to move on and begin anguishing about the next recruit ready to commit.

I hope he signs with us, but if not I wish him well. Sometimes we just can’t believe that a young man felt more comfortable, enjoyed himself or actually thought another school was a better option for him. I hope we’re not deluged with the following usual sour taste responses:
It’s best to move on and begin anguishing about the next recruit ready to commit.
Not a comment on Gould but in general:
I get it seems like those are just excuses begrudged fans say but our staff just doesn’t take commitments from any player. Most staffs don’t, so often there is truth to at least number 1. Number 2 is normally known beforehand and number 3 on occasion happens (DDJ & Nolan Smith).

The paywall normally has the real story as to what happened.

Reactions: Shadow99
With him recuperating from a knee injury maybe PSU is (not intentionally) dodging a problem down the road if it doesn’t heal 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT