ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Well Saunders just locked in and shut down his recruitment so I'll take your thoughts on Shelton as a positive!
Hope you are right...believe me...essential we get kids like Shelton and Saunders...I will believe O$U is out if it when Saunders signs...they have a way of turning head$ at the last moment in Ohio.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Hope you are right...believe me...essential we get kids like Shelton and Saunders...I will believe O$U is out if it when Saunders signs...they have a way of turning head$ at the last moment in Ohio.
They are trending for a top-50 WR from Chicago with pretty much the same dimensions as Saunders, so not likely a threat there.

OSU is not pursuing Saunders, they haven't been after him at all during his recruitment. Alabama has been the biggest player in his recruitment over the past few months, but he has decided to pass on their offer and firm his commit with PSU.

OSU is not pursuing Saunders, they haven't been after him at all during his recruitment. Alabama has been the biggest player in his recruitment over the past few months, but he has decided to pass on their offer and firm his commit with PSU.
Well, I’ll be happy with a player that Alabama was pursuing over a player that OSU wasn’t any day!

OSU wanted him as a DB. Kaden wants to play WR.

They are trending for a top-50 WR from Chicago with pretty much the same dimensions as Saunders, so not likely a threat there.
Fingers crossed...couple of Dlineman from Ohio that appeared we had in our column and the pooft...miss JoePa as he pulled some major star talent from Ohio.

Really? The last “major star talent” he pulled from Ohio was Enis in 1995.
Talking about over totality of his tenure...some of our very best difference makers...in addition to Enid, McDuffie, Jerivcious, Blackledge, Zordich, and so on...

• Wow
I get that, he had great success here and was one of my favourite QB’s we’ve had but my point was he wasn’t highly recruited and didn’t have an OSU offer. I’m pretty sure Enis was the last player we got from Ohio that they wanted/offered. Zach Harrison has been the closest that we almost got recently but we lost out on the pressure of him to stay home. We had tremendous success recruiting Ohio when we were Independent, and CJF is slowly chopping wood each and every year trying to get us back to getting some Top5-10 talent from Ohio.

I wish we had the same sort of “fence” around PA as they have in Ohio.

Daryl Clark was a two time Big 10 offensive player of the year. Can't be much more of a "major star" than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07
College football in 2021. The first verbal commitment should not be confused with an actual commitment but rather that particular team is in the lead, and then we wait for the 107% “locked in” “all glory to God” commitment then we can finally count it? Then when said player is in the program, we get a year-to-year “respect my decision!” announcement of whether they’re coming back for the following year after they entered the transfer portal and get recruited all over again. Fun stuff

Correct. OSU expects a commitment from Kaleb Brown out of Chicago in the next couple of weeks after Jim and UM cooled on him. Jim has more top end WRs in mind. I feel bad for the kid as he always wanted that coveted Maize and Blue offer but that's just the way it happens in CF recruiting. Not every kid can play for the winningest CF program of all-time.

OSU and Saunders parted ways awhile back as OSU - with Saunders speed - wanted him as a DB and the kid absolutely wants to play WR and also wants to get away from home. Bigtime get for PSU. No need to worry, Saunders is solid to PSU and wants to play with Allar.

Last edited:
Correct. OSU expects a commitment from Kaleb Brown out of Chicago in the next couple of weeks after Jim and UM cooled on him. Jim has more top end WRs in mind. I feel bad for the kid as he always wanted that coveted Maize and Blue offer but that's just the way it happens in CF recruiting.
Not every kid can play for the winningest CF program of all-time.

OSU and Saunders parted ways awhile back as OSU - with Saunders speed - wanted him as a DB and the kid absolutely wants to play WR and also wants to get away from home. Bigtime get for PSU. No need to worry, Saunders is solid to PSU and wants to play with Allar.

The key to good sarcasm/parody is to insert a kernel of truth. And you have successfully replicated the Michigan propagandists like Sam Webb masterfully.

Every big time recruit they lose out on = "we cooled on him", or "he couldn't meet our academic standards". The way they're spinning Will Johnson's visit to USC, for example, is another example of pure delusion.

A top-tier WR opting to play for Brian Hartline and that loaded OSU offense over Michigan? Nah. Must be because Michigan "cooled" on him.

As for Saunders......he seems pretty safe in PSU's bag. Even if OSU wanted him as a WR, it's probably not wise to assume that they'd land him. OSU recruits Ohio very effectively, but there are top-tier Ohio kids who would prefer to go elsewhere.

The key to good sarcasm/parody is to insert a kernel of truth. And you have successfully replicated the Michigan propagandists like Sam Webb masterfully.

Every big time recruit they lose out on = "we cooled on him", or "he couldn't meet our academic standards". The way they're spinning Will Johnson's visit to USC, for example, is another example of pure delusion.

A top-tier WR opting to play for Brian Hartline and that loaded OSU offense over Michigan? Nah. Must be because Michigan "cooled" on him.

As for Saunders......he seems pretty safe in PSU's bag. Even if OSU wanted him as a WR, it's probably not wise to assume that they'd land him. OSU recruits Ohio very effectively, but there are top-tier Ohio kids who would prefer to go elsewhere.
Happens in every state: some kids just want to leave and is not a reflection on the home state university. For this reason, it's extremely important for big-time programs to successfully recruit - somewhat - nationally and outside their region. Teams like OSU and LSU will always get 80 to 90% of the in-state HS kids but every kid ?? Nope, not going to happen.

College football in 2021. The first verbal commitment should not be confused with an actual commitment but rather that particular team is in the lead, and then we wait for the 107% “locked in” “all glory to God” commitment then we can finally count it? Then when said player is in the program, we get a year-to-year “respect my decision!” announcement of whether they’re coming back for the following year after they entered the transfer portal and get recruited all over again. Fun stuff
Unfortunately that might become the standard protocol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT