ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

RickinDayton wrote:<<<And how does that compare to OSU since LJ left for OSU? Not trying go back & forth again with you. Fact is we are not currently producing @ their level but I do hope this year will be a breakout with our DL after a full spring and fall camp. That will definitely help bring in more top line talent for the DL.>>>

Everyone can agree that performance affects recruiting, but concerning NFL draft picks it is a chicken or the egg situation:
Does OSU really develop prospects more effectively?
...or is a 5-star typically a 5-star (despite the ever-present "star" debate highlighting the over-performing and under-performing exceptions)?
...and OSU has successfully recruited more 5-stars in recent history and therefore has produced generally higher draft picks.

RickinDayton wrote:<<<And how does that compare to OSU since LJ left for OSU? Not trying go back & forth again with you. Fact is we are not currently producing @ their level but I do hope this year will be a breakout with our DL after a full spring and fall camp. That will definitely help bring in more top line talent for the DL.>>>

Everyone can agree that performance affects recruiting, but concerning NFL draft picks it is a chicken or the egg situation:
Does OSU really develop prospects more effectively?
...or is a 5-star typically a 5-star (despite the ever-present "star" debate highlighting the over-performing and under-performing exceptions)?
...and OSU has successfully recruited more 5-stars in recent history and therefore has produced generally higher draft picks.
Any coach attempting to incorporate that sort of logic in his recruiting pitch is toast 95% (being conservative) of the time. Kid with NFL aspirations is looking at who/how many and what round. Starting point is largely irrelevant.

Reactions: grinagrin
Any coach attempting to incorporate that sort of logic in his recruiting pitch is toast 95% (being conservative) of the time. Kid with NFL aspirations is looking at who/how many and what round. Starting point is largely irrelevant.
No disagreement whatsoever in principle. Knowledge of the fact that "starting point" is a mildly accurate prediction of ultimate draft results would not be a primary strategy utilized by a coach or likely wouldn't be mentioned at all.

Nevertheless, even if the topic was addressed it wouldn't make any real or perceived "recruiting gap" any worse by losing high profile recruits, considering the fact that the entire point is that the gap already exists.

Summary of June official visits. There will be more official visits in the Fall, but the recruits that are visiting in June have to be considered to be some of the top priorities for this class.

Last edited:

"He's done," Anthony (Kaden Sander's father) said. "Less stress for him and he can concentrate on growing the class. He just thought it was bad optics to guys the staff wants to sign for the first commit to visit other schools."

Now there is what LEADERS are made of! I love this kid!

Last edited:
Probably feels pretty safe at this point that Penn State isn't going to pull his offer and leave him without any options - may as well shut it down officially :)

So in the real world, he’s really not committed.
This crap sends me over the edge. No honor among thieves or college coaches. PSU does the same thing and it sucks for every program. What message does it send young people to get them to renege on their word?

Reactions: TheGLOV
This crap sends me over the edge. No honor among thieves or college coaches. PSU does the same thing and it sucks for every program. What message does it send young people to get them to renege on their word?
He dose have an Official Vist @ PSU on June 18. Murphy looks like an unofficial sometime in June all good news for PSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
No surprise that a highly rated FL kid who committed early would waver a bit

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT