ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

1. After all is said and done with visits, Nicholas Singleton will end up at Penn State.

Gorney’s take: FACT. Counting out Wisconsin, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State is hard, and by no means am I doing that since all of those programs have the firepower to land Nicholas Singleton, but I still think Penn State is the team to beat. When he takes his official visit to Happy Valley in June it will only reinforce how he’s leaning right now.

Snyder’s take: FACT. If you would've asked me this a few months ago, I probably would've said fiction, but since the start of spring, and especially in recent weeks, it feels like Penn State has put themselves in the best position. Now, I'll also clarify that if you think I'm ruling out Ohio State and Notre Dame, that's not the case at all. Add in the fact that he swapped out his Northwestern visit for Alabama and things get all the more interesting. However, despite all of that, there seems to be a quiet confidence among the people I speak with close to the Nittany Lions. Singleton himself even admitted last week that it's "definitely fair to say [Penn State is] trending in the right direction." Visits will be important - that's the case for just about every 2022 prospect in the country this year - but his bond with James Franklin, plus the school's proximity to home should keep Nick Singleton in Pennsylvania when it's all said and done.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Projecting OL is like the scouts projecting College and Pro Pitchers. It is all about what they think they will grow in to, not actually about what they have done.

Hopefully we start hitting on some of these massive guys.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Think we'll all be very happy with our haul from PA this year.

That list does not include current 2022 commit Drew Shelton who is from Downingtown, PA and played at Downingtown West High School last year, but because he transferred to IMG Academy for his senior season, he is now listed as a FL recruit.

I had some talent as a javelin thrower but was hampered by bad eye sight. I never won any meets but I kept the crowd alert.
Broke 180 feet a couple of times in high school back in the 70s. 200 feet a couple of times as a freshman in college. Then my elbow and shoulder had other ideas for how I spent my time.

Reactions: bison13
Broke 180 feet a couple of times in high school back in the 70s. 200 feet a couple of times as a freshman in college. Then my elbow and shoulder had other ideas for how I spent my time.
Back when I was in high school we did not have a track team but we did a track unit in our pe classes. My PE teacher, who was a multi-sport division 3 All-American and was an awesome teacher, had me throw the javelin one day in class. I was the quarterback and college baseball recruit as a pitcher and she bet me she could out throw me. Well of course I had no idea about the technique of how to throw a javelin so I went to throw first and of course I hit myself in the back of the head with the javelin as I released it. The javelin went farther sideways than forwards and then she lobbed one a few feet to beat me. We all got a good laugh out of it. Couldn't do that today though....

National #1 and no other offers? Guess teams are looking portal rather than juco

Shortened, spring season coupled with they are supposed to play in the fall could mean that most will wait until they do something this fall before offering.

We seem to have a pipeline going with Lack and safety's. Seems safe to say we already id'd this kid, but perhaps needed the grades to come through?

Mills had two of the best games a safety could have in in LC’s first two games before the season got cut.

PSU/Franklin have the benefit of proximity and relationships with LC’s coaching staff to identify these guys before anyone else. Also, we have some strong ties to PA high schools where a bunch of these LC kids come from. Terry Smith knew about Brisker in high school in PGH and Mills played for Deion Barnes in Philly. If anyone remembers, Saban offered Brisker immediately after Gattis got on Alabama’s staff.

Another season of what Brisker was doing in the back half of last could land him in the first two rounds. Our safety combo next season is looking like two former LC players. I’m not complaining about this pipeline that’s been built.

Mills had two of the best games a safety could have in in LC’s first two games before the season got cut.

PSU/Franklin have the benefit of proximity and relationships with LC’s coaching staff to identify these guys before anyone else. Also, we have some strong ties to PA high schools where a bunch of these LC kids come from. Terry Smith knew about Brisker in high school in PGH and Mills played for Deion Barnes in Philly. If anyone remembers, Saban offered Brisker immediately after Gattis got on Alabama’s staff.

Another season of what Brisker was doing in the back half of last could land him in the first two rounds. Our safety combo next season is looking like two former LC players. I’m not complaining about this pipeline that’s been built.
This is correct. In addition, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar coming out of high school so he is a late bloomer who developed and performed in a shortened JUCO season.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
This is correct. In addition, he wasn’t on anyone’s radar coming out of high school so he is a late bloomer who developed and performed in a shortened JUCO season.

That's inaccurate. He was known by college coaches/on their radar. Most of those coaches did a little homework before offering, and learned that his academics were not good. That, more than anything else, is why he didn't have many offers in high school.

The secondary as a whole will look better if the front is getting pressure. Hopefully the success recruiting linebackers makes up for replacing a lot of good dlineman.

ADVERTISEMENT