ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Indeed.

Enai White is still the tops on the wish list at DE, but with high interest from OSU and the SEC elites, no sense in counting on him coming. This would be a great get at the DE position.

That may your personal wish list, but it's not PSU's wish list. DDS is a strong side DE, whereas White is either a weak side DE or an OLB. PSU would like both.

Indeed.

Enai White is still the tops on the wish list at DE, but with high interest from OSU and the SEC elites, no sense in counting on him coming. This would be a great get at the DE position.

A great get at DE, and a DE that looks to have the frame to be a terror against the run as well as the pass. Which is what the front 4 needs to be able to stop the run games of the best teams PSU plays.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Watch his rating start to drop now that it looks like he is headed to PSU. Great get if he verbal's

Last edited:
Tom - how do you embed the player Rivals card?

Same way you embed tweets. Rivals treats their database entries for each player as Media (same as the tweet and the HUDL video in my post). The software that Rivals uses also has built-in filters that recognize the type of media, so you can just enter the URL for the respective media items, and the filers will identify the type and display them appropriately without you having to use any menu to manually enter the items.

I’ve never really understood the ranking for recruiting, but this make zero sense to me.
LSU #2 , Penn State #3

LSU - 8 recruits - 3.75. Ave star rating
0 - 5 star
6 - 4 star
2 - 3 star
PSU - 8 recruits - 4.0 Ave star rating
0 - 5 star
8 - 4 star
0 - 3 star

I’ve never really understood the ranking for recruiting, but this make zero sense to me.
LSU #2 , Penn State #3

0 - 5 star
6 - 4 star
2 - 3 star
0 - 5 star
8 - 4 star
0 - 3 star
Sec teams get an automatic jump over any non sec team other than osu/Clemson

LSU #2 , Penn State #3

0 - 5 star
6 - 4 star
2 - 3 star
0 - 5 star
8 - 4 star
0 - 3 star
In the first place who ever said it had to make sense? Secondly unless you have a PHD degree from MIT you will never understand it. And even then it’s subject to daily changes based on the whims of the recently hired site manager who is a French Literature graduate and actually a Real Madrid soccer fan. Thirdly you are on a need to know basis, and you don’t need to know. Finally rest assured you are not alone, you are never alone when trying to make any sense out of this subjectively objective riddle.

Last edited:
LSU #2 , Penn State #3

0 - 5 star
6 - 4 star
2 - 3 star
0 - 5 star
8 - 4 star
0 - 3 star
Prospects can be a 4* and have a rating of 5.8, 5.9 or 6.0. Most of PSU recruits are 5.8. I assume LSU’s are higher.

Reactions: bison13
You would think the PSU class would rated higher then the LSU class then.

I don't know how Rivals does it, but TOS uses a system in which they factor in what positions recruits play, how balanced the recruiting class is, and so forth.

It's not merely a matter of adding the total score.

I'm not saying it's the right approach, but I suspect Rivals does something similar.

For instance, if Team A has 5 commits -- and they're all offensive linemen -- but Team B has a QB, a RB, an OL, a DL, and a CB, Team B will probably be ranked higher even if the total scores are the same.

Not that any of this really matters this early in the class, anyway.

I don't know how Rivals does it, but TOS uses a system in which they factor in what positions recruits play, how balanced the recruiting class is, and so forth.

I'm not saying it's the right approach, but I suspect Rivals does something similar.

For instance, if Team A has 5 commits -- and they're all offensive linemen -- but Team B has a QB, a RB, an OL, a DL, and a CB, Team B will probably be ranked higher even if the total scores are the same.

Or even later in the class.

Last edited:

Yep, it really does not make much sense to penalize a team for loading up on a particular position, or ignoring a position, if the class addresses the priorities of the coaching staff, which the recruiting services would not know.

Even if the "services" analyzed the roster of the teams, which they likely do not, and took that into account, the rosters are in such a state of flux in the current Portal environment that such bias would be useless. And every coach is free to address his recruiting needs as he sees it will make his team better, so any math that the recruiting services do to add favor for splitting up scholarships or distributing scholarships between different positons is B.S. as I see it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT