ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

I had heard, and don't quote me on this, that he can close the refrigerator door and be in bed before the refrigerator light goes out!

I'm telling ya that is what I heard.

Source: The little man who lives inside your frig whose job it is to turn off the light when the door is closed.

;)

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Sean Fitz confirming what most thought was inevitable with the CB for '22 4* DE/OLB Ken Talley from Philly. He's committing next Tuesday, 9/8.

A couple of thoughts:
Hoping this ends the weird drought of Philly to PSU. Coach Barnes was brought on to fix this issue, and this a good start. Good talent there in the '22 class.

Getting Talley this early helps ease the misses on the edge in '21.

I'm still not as down on the '21 class as a lot of others, with only 13 players right now it's still solid from a talent perspective and average star rating. I wouldn't consider it a "gap class" - especially with talents like Veilleux, Tengwall, and the DBs.

It's early, but the '22 class is shaping up to be loaded. We said the same early in the process with the past two cycles and they both seemed to somewhat disappoint. But we're already seeing early commitments plus some serious momentum with some other backyard prospects. Headed for a top ten class IMO.

Last edited:
A lot of other top players tweeting similar graphics. PSU seems to be off to a good start in contacts for 2022.

Sep. 1 was the 1st day that coaches could contact the 2022 recruits. PSU is pretty active in the social media aspect of recruiting, and sent these out to each player PSU contacted, and quite a few of the prospects have tweeted them out.

Aaron Harris, ah, what might have been. He remains one of my favorite Lions ever. I just hope that Scioli, Courtney Brown, Aaron Harris, and Brandon short have sons....

Reactions: TheGLOV
This is what he said in a Rivals interview awhile back:

IN HIS OWN WORDS...
"Penn State is definitely doing the best right now," Gobaira said. "I'm reaching out to them once a week. Notre Dame is doing pretty good too. Virginia Tech is also doing well.
"I haven't done any visits yet," he said. "Hopefully I'll take some once the pandemic ends. I did a Zoom with some coaches but I haven't done any virtual visits yet.
"Penn State is showing a lot of love and they want to talk every week," said Gobaira. "They're obviously a great program with a great academic program.

(Yes, the prospect info and the HUDL video are from different zip codes. He played at St. Frances Academy (MD) last season, and is in Georgia this year.)

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT