ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Portal Thread

Just wanted to say that I'm putting myself in the transfer portal and moving to the other board. I don't have time for both. But I wanted to say thanks to all of the great folks I've interacted with through the years here.

We Are!
K-

I #Respect Your Decision.

If you are serious- I learned a bit about soccer from you over the years.

Godspeed.

Reactions: kgilbert78

Apparently there are some QBs willing to transfer and be depth.

Only his 3rd stop...a relative newbie.

4 stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 hasn't translated to much meaningful playing time. Tough position for sure as there is only 1 on the field at the same time.

Would we want him or a reasonable facsimile? Why not?

Only his 3rd stop...a relative newbie.

4 stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 hasn't translated to much meaningful playing time. Tough position for sure as there is only 1 on the field at the same time.

Would we want him or a reasonable facsimile? Why not?

Some sure seem to want a portal QB. I think it's a delicate thing. Having some experience means something, but it just seems unlikely that an addition like this is going to get a team through a key injury.

Some sure seem to want a portal QB. I think it's a delicate thing. Having some experience means something, but it just seems unlikely that an addition like this is going to get a team through a key injury.
I agree that it is delicate...but we learned the hard way in Iowa City that an untested or immature #2 ( pun intended) isn't always wise too (double pun).

Ideally 11 was our 2nd stringer...don't need to recruit over Beau but also would be great to have a more proven option.

We'll see how it turns out. Maybe PA kid looking to head home for last hurrah? Glad it is not my job to find someone to fit that bill....maybe later in the ge when options diminish

Reactions: lazydave841
Boom. Precisely what I said and I was bombed like Churchill by the Nazis

Again let me reiterate. This seems the exception rather than the rule. Michigan with the IU kid at QB is about 20% as formidable as being led by McCarthy.

I don't have an issue with taking a kid like this and hoping he can contribute in some fashion. It also seems more like a "if you can" type of thing than a "you must".

Georgia adds 2 of the top transfer wrs.

Seems that might push yazeed Haynes down the depth chart. Good choice though kid, good choice.
I personally think all this portal grabbing will work in Penn states favor down the lnn in e when he can look at a kid and say the team never goes and grabs a ton of people from the portal, unless they are weak at that position.

Right now we got squat. Better see something from 2 of the young guys for next year...I guess we go with Harrison Wallace and maybe Malick Meiga?

Pretty comprehensive position by position review of portal needs and PSU activity to date.

Two WR's, a CB and a DT if one falls into PSU's lap are the most likely portal additions going forward.

Seriously though, imagine how Texas A&M fans feel?
Not just the losing, but the complete breakdown of discipline in the program. Another fan base akin to Nebraska and Texas, that has been quick to axe it's coaches only to discover that perhaps there are other issues? I don't mean in any way to diminish the importance of elite talent.....but many here have no understanding of how important character, attitude and team chemistry is to sustained winning. That's why I marvel at Nick Saban. He stockpiles elite talent and yet somehow maintains discipline and esprit de corps, year after year. No one is disputing that he has advantages at Alabama. But even with the best groceries, not everyone is a master chef.
.....spoiler.....unless you are a member of the NNNNNCAC!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT