ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

it's a joke.

frankly, 2021 Olympic Gold getting an ORS despite not wrestling in years is actually less egregious than AJ getting one based on a Cadet Bronze from 1994
Just so I’m clear. If you’ve acquired an ORS, you can use it to bank a year of NCAA eligibility, go on sabbatical for ANY pursuit you like (say, hiking, writing a novel, etc), without making ANY attempt to attend OTTs . . . all by simply declaring that you’re taking it?
Sounds a lot like that rap star’s name. You know the one.

Just so I’m clear. If you’ve acquired an ORS, you can use it to bank a year of NCAA eligibility, go on sabbatical for ANY pursuit you like (say, hiking, writing a novel, etc), without making ANY attempt to attend OTTs . . . all by simply declaring that you’re taking it?
e22db01f-b1ea-4cd2-bbf9-d11639bda181_text.gif

Reactions: HikeNatParks
Max Dean disagrees.
Max Dean would agree he was enrolled in school then un-enrolled after getting an Olympic redshirt waiver. Not being out of school completely one year then getting an Olympic redshirt the next.

But again, maybe Gable was taking classes in 2023. Then I get it.

I guess if you are a Minny fan....
Swollen-Members-Oz-Tour-Pic.jpg

Reactions: HikeNatParks
+16.0 point upgrade over Doucet at HWT.

Returning points:
#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Oklahoma State
51.5​
5​
Arizona State
47.5​

I'd expect OKST to finish ahead of Nebraska and push Ohio State for 2nd. Assume another +4 for Hendrickson making the finals, plus Hughes coming off shirt, plus whatever first-year improvement under Taylor.

+16.0 point upgrade over Doucet at HWT.

Returning points:
#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Oklahoma State
51.5​
5​
Arizona State
47.5​

I'd expect OKST to finish ahead of Nebraska and push Ohio State for 2nd. Assume another +4 for Hendrickson making the finals, plus Hughes coming off shirt, plus whatever first-year improvement under Taylor.
Rumor is CC is going to be our 197, I guess he will get some points for OSU at the NCAA along with Hughes at 133.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Rumor is CC is going to be our 197, I guess he will get some points for OSU at the NCAA along with Hughes at 133.
I'm sure Carroll at 197 is the plan. From a roster standpoint, it makes the most sense now, and the most sense next year when Merrill comes off shirt.

He has also competed at both 97 kg and 125 kg in recent years, including 97 kg at Senior Trials. So 197 sounds like the kind of massive cut that could be big problems in the postseason.

If he can manage the weight successfully, then OKST should finish 2nd.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Michigan’s whole M.O. lies in ruins right now. They had better start recruiting and developing because there’s another big dog in the portal market.
It’s been forgotten with all the recent short term portal rentals like Davison, Griffith, Gomez, Swamp Monster (DeAugustino), etc, but Michigan recruits pretty well. Their 2023 class was ranked #2 overall, and included

Gilcher (#23 Flo/#16 Mat Scouts)
Horwath (30/38)
Lemley (16/11)
Mantanona (14/7)
Walters (31/51)
Gulacha (3X Canadian free style champ)

Their 2024 class included the younger Mantanona, another top 10ish recruit. They also landed Botero from PA in the 2025 class, though not real up to speed on who else in is their 2024 and 2025 classes. But the notion that UM doesn’t recruit well is something of a fallacy.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT