ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Gateway’s Derrick Davis Receives Offer From Alabama

While Davis (6’0”, 195) already held big offers such major programs such as Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Pitt, the Gateway star tells Pittsburgh Sports Now that getting an offer from Alabama is altogether different.

“I met with Coach Saban around 10:30 in his office and he offered me but somehow it flew over my head that he actually offered,” said Davis. “It didn’t function in my head that he offered until later when my mom told me.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/07/27/gateways-derrick-davis-receives-offer-from-alabama/

Reactions: TheGLOV
Gateway’s Derrick Davis Receives Offer From Alabama

While Davis (6’0”, 195) already held big offers such major programs such as Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Pitt, the Gateway star tells Pittsburgh Sports Now that getting an offer from Alabama is altogether different.

“I met with Coach Saban around 10:30 in his office and he offered me but somehow it flew over my head that he actually offered,” said Davis. “It didn’t function in my head that he offered until later when my mom told me.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/07/27/gateways-derrick-davis-receives-offer-from-alabama/
Derrick is the new Julian.

Not sure how I missed this. Composite #49 player from NJ DT Tywone Malone. This came on the heels of trips to ND and Michigan in successive days before hitting up Lasch Bash.

Wait, he signed his photo 'The Joker'? Wow.

ForcefulDeficientEnglishsetter-size_restricted.gif

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2019/07/penn-state-lands-florida-tight-end-nick-elksnis-who-becomes-teams-second-2021-commit.html

By Greg Pickel | gpickel@pennlive.com

Penn State has landed its second Class of 2021 commit.

Nick Elksnis, a three-star tight end from Jacksonville, Fla., picked the Lions over Florida State, Florida, Boston College, and a host of others on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound prospect was recently on campus for the program’s last camp of the summer last Friday night and made his decision quickly after experiencing campus.

“After much thought and prayer, I am humbled to say I have committed to Penn State University to further my athletic and academic career!!!" Elksnis wrote on Twitter to announce the news.

Elksnis, whose high school coach is former NFL quarterback Mark Brunnell, joins Maryland receiver Dont’e Thornton in the program’s next class.

Just having seen a bit of that kid’s highlight tape...... and knowing PSU’s roster situation...... I’d expect that kid would be the single most impactful recruiting prospect in the PSU class.
Undoubtedly. He is a great kid. (Son went to gnz ‘18). I may go see them open next fri v American heritage just for shits and giggles.

He was very good in his scrimmage yesterday. Cant say I was blown away by his team though against a good public in Paint Branch though. Zag's OL had fits as Williams got sacked multiple times, would have been more without he elusiveness. Couldn't really run the ball when they needed to on short yardage either but had some good runs on early downs.

He was very good in his scrimmage yesterday. Cant say I was blown away by his team though against a good public in Paint Branch though. Zag's OL had fits as Williams got sacked multiple times, would have been more without he elusiveness. Couldn't really run the ball when they needed to on short yardage either but had some good runs on early downs.
Surprising as that is supposed to be a strength.

Last edited:
CJF and coach Smith will be working hard to get Derrick Davis, from my old high school Gateway, to PSU............

Fabled coach loses debut for Blue Devils
The big story before Gateway played host to Mt. Lebanon Friday night was the debut of new Blue Devils coach Bob Palko, a WPIAL legend. Afterwards, all anyone could talk about was Gateway star Derrick Davis. Davis ran roughshod over the Blue Devils and spoiled the first game for Palko, as the Class 5A No. 1-ranked Gators ran away with a 46-20 victory in this non-conference clash. Davis racked up 277 yards and scored a total of four times. He found the end zone on runs of 35, 57 and 64 yards and finished with 173 yards on 10 carries. He also hauled in a short pass off of a crossing route and turned it upfield for a 75-yard touchdown in the third quarter. He finished with 104 yards receiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT