ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

More drama from the drama queen who should’ve been banned a year or more ago, yawn.

King bro’s balled the hell out today for Cass Tech in Detroit. Biggest game of year vs rivals in Detroit King and they win and the duo was phenomenal. All over the news here in MI during sports and Cass coach even shouted out how both will be outstanding at PSU. News etc kept referencing how they going to PSU, which does 2 things. Free advertising here and pisses Sparty and Michigan fans off how they got away

More drama from the drama queen who should’ve been banned a year or more ago, yawn.

King bro’s balled the hell out today for Cass Tech in Detroit. Biggest game of year vs rivals in Detroit King and they win and the duo was phenomenal. All over the news here in MI during sports and Cass coach even shouted out how both will be outstanding at PSU. News etc kept referencing how they going to PSU, which does 2 things. Free advertising here and pisses Sparty and Michigan fans off how they got away

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate you interrupting this thread with these "recruiting" updates.

What do you think this is......the 2021 recruiting thread?!?!

Good to hear about Kalen and Kobe King. Looks like we got a solid combination.

Reactions: NittanyOpp
Ryan O'hair is a 6'8" 293 lb. OT who is entering his senior year at South Fayette HS.

He has visited Penn State, Pitt and a few other schools, but he lacks a Div 1 offer. The reason? Possibly because he played at 220. Since the season ended he has gained 2 inches in height and added 70 lbs. He eats 6,000 calories, mostly chicken and rice, and works out like a demon. He has toyed with the idea of playing TE.

Today Rivals had him profiled as one of five players in the NE who need to play this fall in order to obtain offers.

His tape is nothing but pancake blocks against much shorter people. However, he showed some power playing 70 lbs. lighter.

Here he is recently standing next to Steelers LB Devin Bush, Jr.

EY4t-c2WAAA7-_i.jpg:large

Reactions: NedFromYork
I don't know if it was mentioned or not in the garbage over the past 2-3 pages - but Kobe King was upgraded to 4*s on rivals.

This gives the class an average star rating on this site 3.54 (which takes into account the smaller class size). This is better than both of PSU's last two classes on this site.

Absolutely terrible, despicable, job by our staff. BOOOOOO

This gives the class an average star rating on this site 3.54 (which takes into account the smaller class size). This is better than both of PSU's last two classes on this site.

We get it. But the 3.54 does NOT take into account the smaller class size, but is the average rating of those in the class, however many they are.....

We all knew this will be a smaller class, confirmed when Terry Smith let the word out. So there is no way this class could have been top 10, even if the average recruit rating was top 10 or approaching top 5. But if CJF fills out the last 6? spots with highly regarded players the class could end up near #20, with an average recruit rating in the top 10-15 and likely fill the needs of the roster - OL, DE, DB.... A very successful effort, even though the staff missed on a number of their priority targets mainly early in the process while attempting to adjust to the ban on campus visits.

Last edited:
Trust the process. Tough year getting the kids to Happy valley. Hopefully the on the field product will encourage more visits.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Who is it sir?

I'm guessing Elijah Jeudy, given his recent decommitment from UGA.

Seeing as though there was a flood of CBs to Texas A&M, I wouldn't get hopes up here. Even Brian Dohn -- who wrote the VIP article -- predicted Texas A&M with a confidence level of 8.

Would definitely be a great get if we were to somehow pull it off.

I'm guessing Elijah Jeudy, given his recent decommitment from UGA.

Seeing as though there was a flood of CBs to Texas A&M, I wouldn't get hopes up here. Even Brian Dohn -- who wrote the VIP article -- predicted Texas A&M with a confidence level of 8.

Would definitely be a great get if we were to somehow pull it off.

Thank you!

I don't know if it was mentioned or not in the garbage over the past 2-3 pages - but Kobe King was upgraded to 4*s on rivals.

The other thing to consider -- rather than average star rating -- is that with the exception of Tengwall, almost all of our 4* commits are on that 4*/3* border.

Jaylen Reed is our highest recruit after Tengwall, and he's #261 nationally. Everybody else is #300 or below in the composite. That's a very substantial step down from even the 2020 class. The 2020 class had 10 kids in the top-300. This class has 2.

Several posters in this thread regarding the 2021 class (even though Franklin himself said it isn't good enough):

dRERL0j.gif

Several posters in this thread regarding the 2021 class (even though Franklin himself said it isn't good enough):

dRERL0j.gif
Nobody's suggesting that this class couldn't and shouldn't have been better. There are legitimate reasons for why that is, but at the end of the day, the class is what it is.

That said, I'm very sure that James Franklin thinks that it is unacceptable to lose any recruit, to any school, for any reason. Those are his expectations, but that doesn't mean that his expectations should be mirrored by the fanbase.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
The so-called experts have had all their crystal balls for Pound coming to PSU, but when I heard he has not been on campus I was highly doubtful that a kid from Raleigh would come north without seeing the school. Good luck to him.

The so-called experts have had all their crystal balls for Pound coming to PSU, but when I heard he has not been on campus I was highly doubtful that a kid from Raleigh would come north without seeing the school. Good luck to him.

The moment of concern to me was awhile ago when UNC had a lineman decommit, and then Mack Brown started recruiting him more heavily. I figured that was going to make things harder.

Have to admire the way he has gotten NC's best talent to stay home. And given how NC is producing a lot of talent + UNC playing in a shitty conference.......that's a good setup for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT