ADVERTISEMENT

2021 PSU WVB Thread

PSU was leading S4 23-22, but Purdue reeled off 3 straight points to take the set, 25-23.

Match is now tied, 2 sets apiece.

My flight is in 1 hour, so I may not be able to catch all of S5.

Lost in 5, made too many mistakes in game 5
I haven't been able to watch the team much this season, but it kind of reminded me of the match at Stanford at the beginning of the season. Had a chance to close it out in Set 4, but couldn't get it done and lost in the fifth (w/ momentum with the winner in the fourth set, certainly not unusual).

Just seems like that happens more and more and more these days…..
That’s because it does - and with regularity. It’s long past time for changes to be made with this program - we aren’t a top tier program now, nor have we been in several seasons. Playing actual top tier teams results in a loss, almost without exception. Someone is skating on past accomplishments while winning nothing in over 4 years. How much longer is that going to be ok?

Russ knows volleyball. They really played great defense tonight and there were very few unforced errors. The ladies played aggressively and with a lot of poise in a tough environment.
Did anybody notice, was #5 wearing the boot tonight? ( missed a good number of plays trying to see if she was booted still)
Set two was totally awesome

Did anybody notice, was #5 wearing the boot tonight? ( missed a good number of plays trying to see if she was booted still)
Set two was totally awesome
Good question that I can't answer. I looked for it but never saw a shot where I could tell for sure. Stark has been a decent replacement and the experience she is getting will be a help in future seasons.

PSU vs Wisc
27 - 25 PSU came back from 20-23 to win game 1
30 - 32 PSU almost came back from 13-19
25 - 20
23 - 25
7 - 15

Last edited:
Reactions: Grass
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT