ADVERTISEMENT

2021 PSU WVB Thread

Oregon beat PSU last night 3-0 in the Big10 vs PAC12 challenge. It was televised on the PAC12 network at 10PM eastern time. It was the worst I’ve seen the Lions look in ages. The team looked disorganized and the defense especially was overmatched by the Ducks’ quickness. Outside of Parker we had nothing going for us. The team looks small at the net and even Parker seems a little undersized. This is going to be a long season.
There comes a time when its time. When we have to look up at the likes of Pitt in the rankings its time. When we are no better than 5th or 6th best in our own conference, its time. I respect what Russ has done, he's an all-time great. But its time.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Serve receive was horrible today. OHs are an issue, just like last year. New OHs, same results. This team might make it to the round of 16 again in the tournament, depending on their draw, and then they are done.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Serve receive was horrible today. OHs are an issue, just like last year. New OHs, same results. This team might make it to the round of 16 again in the tournament again, depending on their draw, and then they are done.
They will be sent to Pitt region and lost in the 2nd round to Serena Gray squad and NOT making sweet 16

Reactions: Ski and TheGLOV
BTW, I noticed that the crowd wore masks but still cheered. The band blew their trumpets through masks. Perhaps it's just me but it seemed ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Cambria Lion
BTW, I noticed that the crowd wore masks but still cheered. The band blew their trumpets through masks. Perhaps it's just me but it seemed ridiculous.
It’s not just you. My husband and I thought it was totally ridiculous too.

Reactions: bdgan
It’s not just you. My husband and I thought it was totally ridiculous too.
Masks are required in all indoor spaces on campus. I believe it’s like that throughout the Big10. It’s hard to make a case to lift the requirement for a sporting event but not for classes or being indoors in the HUB or another campus building. I personally would not enjoy sitting there masked for 2 hours but those are the rules, whether effective or not.

Reactions: CattyGuy51
Ohio State was ranked #3 in last week's rankings, but they came into Penn State with a loss to Purdue. That takes some of the shine off of this win.

Masks are required in all indoor spaces on campus. I believe it’s like that throughout the Big10. It’s hard to make a case to lift the requirement for a sporting event but not for classes or being indoors in the HUB or another campus building. I personally would not enjoy sitting there masked for 2 hours but those are the rules, whether effective or not.

I’ve worn a mask for 10 hours a day for 2 years. It isn’t hard and you aren’t oppressed for having to wear it. I love that indoor sports are back, and masks are a fine compromise. I’m more upset that they got rid of the parking lot across atherton and now charge $10 to park in the parking deck and it takes an hour to get out.

Ohio State was ranked #3 in last week's rankings, but they came into Penn State with a loss to Purdue. That takes some of the shine off of this win.
Purdue will be a nice end of season matchup if they stay in the top 10

But wearing a mask while playing trumpet? Please tell me that isn’t happening.

They won the 3rd set with 9 service errors.
Incorrect, 9 service errors in the match, not in the 3rd set. Good win over tOSU who also lost on the road Friday night to #7 Purdue. We should jump well up in the rankings and tOSU will drop well down.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
But wearing a mask while playing trumpet? Please tell me that isn’t happening.
It's required in my school district for all instrumentalists. It has a slit where the mouthpiece actually touches your mouth, obviously. No big deal to anyone who uses it.

1Texas (64)16009-01
2Pittsburgh151312-04
3Louisville148510-05
4Purdue135310-17
5Wisconsin13169-12
6Kentucky12418-37
7Minnesota11976-39
8Ohio State110010-23
9Baylor10717-310
10BYU102811-111
11Oregon94211-113
12Nebraska9088-312
13Washington7997-36
14Penn State7129-320
15UCLA6989-119
16Creighton61614-116
17Stanford5966-414
18Georgia Tech57111-118
19Utah5228-315
20Tennessee35810-221
21Western Kentucky26713-122
22Florida2557-517
23Pepperdine21410-123
24Colorado18111-124
25San Diego1018-325

But it's OK to slip a trumpet under your mask and blow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT