ADVERTISEMENT

2021 PSU MSOC Thread (delayed 2020 season)

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I like what the MSOC coach has been building, and feel it's time to give MSOC a season thread.

I believe they are 1-1, after defeating Rutgers and then losing a tough one to MSU (they gave up a goal with only a couple of minutes left, to lose 0-1).

Anyway, please use this thread for discussions about the MSOC team this season.

scoreless thru the 1st OT. PSU had the best opportunity (actually best 3 opportunities). PSU had a guy in, and he took a shot from the PK mark, but the Maryland GK deflected the ball so it went to a corner. PSU had a good header off the corner, but it went wide.

So we have a 2nd OT for 10 minutes, though it's golden goal

Maryland had most of the chances in the 2nd OT (one that the PSU GK had to make a great save prevent the MD goal). PSU had two good chances in the last minute, with a header with 3 sec. left that either went just over the crossbar, or the MD GK hit over the crossbar.

Last regular season game for PSU. I believe they'll be the #2 seed in the B1G tournament.

Great matchup in the B10 final. Regular season match was canceled. Nits need to contain Bezerra...he's a beast.

A couple of former Columbus Crew players on the IU staff. That can't hurt their recruiting.

PSU in on a breakaway, and Indiana D player pulls him down from behind just outside the box. A red card to the IU player, so they'll play down a man for the rest of the match (9 minutes left).

PSU FK is blocked, but they get a corner on it. And then PSU scores after a flurry on the corner, and ties it 1-1. And now PSU will be up a player for the remainder of the game.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
going to OT. They'll play 2 10-minute OT periods, but it's golden goal, so if a team scores, they win. If neither teams scores in OT, then they go to penalty kicks

Poor play by PSU defender in the 1st OT results in a CK. Indy got 2 additional corners out of it. Fortunately, they did not score. PSU with a corner after they finally get the ball upfield, but nothing came of it. PSU with a good opportunity at the end of the 1st OT, but the Indy GK gets the ball.

On to the 2nd OT

PKs:

PSUIndiana
N (kicked it over the net)Y (buried it in the corner) ... 0-1
N (blocked by the GK)Y (kick by the post; waist hight) ... 0-2
Y (upper corner)Y (buried it in the corner) ... 1-3
Y ((buried it in the corner)N (blocked by the GK) ... 2-3
N (partially blocked and bounces off the post)

So Indiana wins the match 1-1, 3-2 in PKs, and is the B1G Tourney Champion

I wonder how many B1G 2nd place we have across all sports over the years. Great effort by the men.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT