ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Another blown save. Nola needed to strike out 27 to win this game.
And he got 2 of the team's 3 hits.

Generated the only offense they had.

**the good thing about these 7 inning doubleheader games is that the Phillies agonizing endings happen sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: psrurock
This team has the stupidest MFers on the team. Alvarado grabs the dribbled ball and soft tosses it to Hoskins who loses it in the sun because his friggin sunglasses are on his hat.
I saw the same thing in the Yankee game on Wednesday. Pop up and the 3rd basemen for the Royals lost it in the sun, fell for a single. His sunglasses were on the back of his hat, I don’t get it.

Reactions: jmisdamina
Watch these Mets. Solid defense. Ability to bunt or otherwise move a guy up 90. Twice today already the Phillies had the lead runner pegged at 2nd on garbage bunts. Good situational hitters and good strategy from the dugout. But these fundamentals are passe' and boring. Who has a six-game lead on who?

I'm no fan of the Mets but the gap is glaring and widening.

Here we go again. They blow a double play ball with 0 outs and 1 on in the 7th. Another blown save about to happen?

This team is spiraling out of control. TMac just said the Phils lead the league in blown saves (19). Neris has been awful, but can Hoskins make a play at first base, his defense sucks.

This team is spiraling out of control. TMac just said the Phils lead the league in blown saves (19). Neris has been awful, but can Hoskins make a play at first base, his defense sucks.
Was he wearing the sunglasses on his head again like yesterday? Phillies also have the distinction of losing 21 games in which they had leads. Ties into the blown save situation.

Just don't blow half of those and there in 1st place, bullpen is still terrible.

Reactions: Rick76
Neris must have some compromising photos of Girardi. He managed a save yesterday so he gets run right back out there a day later to give up a hit and a couple of walks. The error (again) was a problem but walking two guys is nuts. I hope the NL uses the DH next year. That way one of the defensive liabilities can be taken out of play.

Tmac also said the defense has been atrocious this year and Big Ben agreed 100%.

Four game split. Not bad, right? No it's bad. Should have been a sweep. Phillies had every game by the balls. Miracle split.

Joe is this genius manager, right? He has a ring. OK. Mariano Rivera.

Ten mopes including me who post on this board could win with that team.

Something is coming down from the carpet floors. Nobody can be this stupid. Joe is another puppet in a different costume.

Hector is somebody's boy. Some heavy hitter loves Hector and the team doesn't care. Appeasement. Somebody in the organization demanded the Phillies pick him up and now here we are. Waylon's son-in-law grabbed this guy, let's suppose. We have to make it work. Even if we go 19 games south due to his failures. We';re all in this together.

No, the man is awful. Horror-awful.

Last edited:
THe Phils org is probably more inbred than PSU, if you can imagine that. Everyone who ever won or came close to winning in Phila has a lifetime job. We honor the great teams we had 14 and 31 years ago. Our only parades in 139 years.

We will procure for you a seat at the foot of the Lord.

Phils now have 21 blown saves, team record is 25 and we are still in June. Was Feliz the only choice for Joe in that crucial situation? The guy hasn't pitched in 4 years and goes BB, HBP and Grand Slam. Phils down 6-4 in the 8th.

I was catching most of the Phils 2nite. When Feliz came in I switched channels. Enough of the heartbreak.

Phils now have 21 blown saves, team record is 25 and we are still in June. Was Feliz the only choice for Joe in that crucial situation? The guy hasn't pitched in 4 years and goes BB, HBP and Grand Slam. Phils down 6-4 in the 8th.
You have a valid point, but it is nearly impossible for him to perform any worse than any other names in the bullpen. How many Phillies relief appearances don't involve at least one walk?

10 run in two innings that is getting done. could have made up a game on the Mets as well. 21 blown saves what a Joke.

Reactions: Shadow99
You have a valid point, but it is nearly impossible for him to perform any worse than any other names in the bullpen. How many Phillies relief appearances don't involve at least one walk?
This bullpen specializes in blowing leads, walking batters, and giving up grand slams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT