ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Trials Results and discussion thread

Jenn Burkert looks like a woman you wouldn’t want to piss off or meet in a dark ally. Wanted Helen to win but Burkert lost her mom a week or so ago I was kinda rooting for her.

Bo wasn’t overly gracious in defeat, but I don’t think there is anyone on the planet more competitive. I’ll give him a pass for a quick exit. I’m sure he’ll help DT prepare.

Reactions: tikk10
Sure it is... I'm not agreeing with the other poster that said Yianni didn't care. But for Yianni and Zain to be considered the favorites to meet again in the finals and not make it, there had to be a different level of disappointment than what Nick would have. It's not a knock or an excuse on any of them. It's being human and reality. Letdowns happen in sports, for various reasons. It doesn't in my mind take away from Nick's wins, but that doesn't mean it can't be acknowledged.

If you think Nick Lee entered the tourney thinking he couldn't win it all, then you are mistaken.

There is no way to gage his disappointment relative to others.

Whoever is fixing these women’s hair after each match deserves a gold medal lol
giphy.gif

If you think Nick Lee entered the tourney thinking he couldn't win it all, then you are mistaken.

There is no way to gage his disappointment relative to others.

I think there is a pretty reasonable way to see that there is. Never did I say that Nick did go in with the intention of winning. But if you can't see a difference between Nick and tough draw he had, never having beaten JO or Yianni, etc. and Yianni who has spent the past 2 years focused on this one singular goal and Zain, both of whom have been on the cusp of International success, then you're intentionally falling into fandom bias or just being obtuse. I'm not talking a major difference here. It's subtle, but it's real. And keep in mind that this is coming from one of if not the biggest Nick Lee fan on this board, having seen many of his matches and following him all the way back to 8th grade.

If you see this as a slight to Nick, you just aren't getting it and there is no reason to continuing this convo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT