ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Listen, RBY was right to get hit with stalling, but he scored on multiple of his own shots. JE didn't take a shot and was also right to be hit with stalling, maybe 1 more, but that is very unlikely to get called. RBY and JE knew what they were doing at that point. Nick has 2 weeks to learn from it. It'll be a battle against Seabass and JE, I'm sure Nick is already looking forward to it.
I agree... RBY could have gotten hit again (and he knew it but obviously not concerned)

Did Bull win? I fear the entire state of Iowa might implode if he didn't...

Was it just me or did I not see 3-4 head butts right into Berge earlier today. Pretty shitty given his history. I thought the ref would step in but nothing.

Some of you should spend some time on a mat, or event better, become refs. Inadvertent banging of heads happens all the time in wrestling. There is nothing a ref should do in that instance, except for making sure the wrestlers are okay if they appear impacted. (And to be more correct, you just do a general analysis, and if there is any question you have the medical personnel make the evaluation.)

Head butts are a different story. If there is any appearance that there is an intentional head butt, that should be called right away.

None of the situations in Berge's earlier matches looked even close to a head butt.

He didnt do much to be liked anywhere outside lincoln.

But he made a donation to Nolfs sister recently during her troubles. I think that may be more of who he is than the personality he tried to cultivate on social media.
Berger spoke his mind and new he had to beat Jason and said so.... I don't think he was that bad of a guy.. had a good rivalry (as far as consistent number of matches through the years) with Nolf and gave it his all.

I swear, Marinelli misses Vincenzo. That match turned boring as hell in the 3rd.
Well, the 165 lb weight class in the B1G was a helluva lot more interesting when Cenzo and Marinelli were going at it. Of that there is no doubt. And Wick is out this year as well, which doesn't help matters.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm not going to rag on Marinelli because he seems like a good kid. That said without someone like Cenzo who is willing to force the action he is like watching paint dry.
.... because most guys realize that cant get in a shooting match with the bull and outlast him. Thats why see guys hold tight and come in third. Its how Lewis beat him a couple years back.... weather the storm and try to score in the late third or in OT. Thats why I have a tond of respect for Joseph in those matches.

Reactions: BruceK-PSU83
Some of you should spend some time on a mat, or event better, become refs. Inadvertent banging of heads happens all the time in wrestling. There is nothing a ref should do in that instance, except for making sure the wrestlers are okay if they appear impacted. (And to be more correct, you just do a general analysis, and if there is any question you have the medical personnel make the evaluation.)

Head butts are a different story. If there is any appearance that there is an intentional head butt, that should be called right away.

None of the situations in Berge's earlier matches looked even close to a head butt.
I would argue that there isn’t anyone here who spent more time then me on the mat....laid flat....counting lights.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Really? I don’t recall Starocci putting double boots in.

Starocci also flattened his opponent over and over - that is considered "improving your position" from top. There were long periods of time where NL was in 4-point position and JE was doing nothing but laying on his back with boots in - in fact, the Ref stalemated one of them in the first! (If you think about it, it's silly to call a "stalemate" rather than a stall on top wrestle - top wrestler has an obligation to improve his position from top - so by definition, if all the top wrestler is doing is attempting to "stalemate" the bottom wrestler from escaping, that is stalling! Top guy has to be attempting to improve to turn - that's his obligation.). How about when Lee stood, no mat return from Eirmann, at least 10 seconds ticked off and when he could do nothing else, he dragged Lee off the mat walking backwards out of desperation to keep Lee from escaping - no call??? How in the hell is that not blatant stalling under the rules???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT