ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

For the $0.03 it's worth, the Devin Willock you see on film is not the Devin Willock of today. Kid still has work to do, but has come a looooooooooooong way.
That's good to hear Art. The fact that he picked up an offer from Georgia suggests this is not just a desperation offer by PSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Keyvone Lee's cousin just committed to FSU class of 2022. With Holmes trending to PSU it wouldn't be surprising to see Lee stay in FL. Things also look better with Berger than they were so PSU would be fine either way.

Keyvone Lee's cousin just committed to FSU class of 2022. With Holmes trending to PSU it wouldn't be surprising to see Lee stay in FL. Things also look better with Berger than they were so PSU would be fine either way.

Really hope the two year difference between them doesn't sway Lee. That kid has some Larry Johnson, JR in him: big, has some moves, good speed, and punishes tacklers. He is my favorite RB prospect.

CJF may just take Wilcox and still go after Harrison to get to 6 olinemen and at least 3 that project as OT's .....

Last edited:
Really hope the two year difference between them doesn't sway Lee. That kid has some Larry Johnson, JR in him: big, has some moves, good speed, and punishes tacklers. He is my favorite RB prospect.

He’s had 3 visits to FSU in the last month or so. I like the speed and versatility Holmes brings.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Oh wow i didnt notice that. Do you think that means he is a silent verbal already?
All indications are that we’re definitely the favorite. Unless something dramatic changes, it seems like the expectation is he’s ours when he formally commits next month.

Pulled this from a BSD article in regard to The Opening:

One Nittany Lion target that shined in Dallas was tight end Theo Johnson. As Greg Biggins of 247 Sports breaks down, Johnson had the best testing numbers of any tight end at the event running a 4.63 second 40-yard dash, 4.28 second shuttle, and posting a 35 inch vertical jump. Those are some insane numbers for a 6-foot-6, 224 pound tight end. He also led the tight end group in receptions, and was second in touchdown catches.

Johnson made his case for being the best tight end prospect in the country. Right now, the Nittany Lions control his 247 Sports Crystal Ball owning 75% of the predictions with the other 25% being cloudy. Johnson is a dynamic play maker at the tight end position, and could be the next in what is becoming a long line of top notch tight ends in Happy Valley.

It was also a good week for Florida running back Caziah Holmes. He posted a 4.51 second 40-yard dash, 4.10 second shuttle, his vertical jump was 40 inches, and his 115.89 SPARQ score was among the 30 best at The Opening.

Holmes, like Johnson, is a player that the Nittany Lions are the heavy favorites for on the 247 Crystal Ball. Holmes will announce his top 7 on Tuesday evening, and plans to announce his college decision August 9.

Top wide receiver target KeAndre Lambert also competed at The Opening. Lambert posted a 4.50 second 40-yard dash and a 3.83 second shuttle. This shuttle time would have been good for the third best at the NFL Combine since 2006. His 127.89 SPARQ score was in the top 99th percentile. Folks, that’s good.

LINK

Judging from his scores at the Opening, I can't believe that Lambert doesn't receive a commit-able offer from Clemson at some point. I did some research into whom they're currently targeting at WR and it seems like they're in on (and favorites for) some guys rated higher than Lambert. But how can you turn away a kid that posted those measurables?

Hopefully it bites them in the ass that they slow-played him. Franklin and staff have been working on him as a priority for a while now.

Really? Coach Franklin would be an idiot to slow play Anton Harrison, who is one of the top offensive tackles in the country. The only thing I can think of that would support slow playing Harrison would be if his commitment would impact the current commitment of Olu Fashanu (another offensive tackle) or one of the other offensive line commits.

Fashanu is expected to play guard unless needed at tackle.

If I’m Matt Hibner or Nick Patterson (2 3 star TE’s currently committed to Michigan), I’d be keeping my options open. If Theo Johnson ultimately decides to head to Ann Arbor, one of those guys is destined to get the Jim Harbaugh processing treatment.

Reactions: OhioLion

Evaluated as the nation's No. 9 athlete and No. 190 overall prospect in 247Sports 2020 composite rankings (video highlights above), Holmes is a priority running back target for the Nittany Lions. He traveled to Happy Valley in June for an official visit and could be seen navigating his way around campus on a golf cart driven by running backs coach and Sunshine State recruiting ace Ja'Juan Seider.

“He’s cool and he’s from Florida," Holmes said of Seider during a post-visit interview with Lions247's Sean Fitz. "The players from Florida and the people that I was with up there, how we interacted was just amazing. ...I hung out with (former Florida high school receivers)John Dunmore andTJ Jones,and my host wasMicah Parsons. I love Micah. He was a very cool, humble and down-to-earth guy. You know how he is. He was trying to get me to come but he was real with everything. He was telling me what Penn State was about and how much work I’m going to have to do to be great.”

The Nittany Lions landed a pair of top-10 prospects at the position this year:Noah Cain and Devyn Ford. In 2018, the Nittany Lions added five-star playmaker Ricky Slade at running back.

Holmes rushed for 1,196 yards (6.6 per carry) and 15 touchdowns last fall,according to MaxPreps, and added three scores as a receiver. He finished the 40-yard dash with a verified 4.49-second result at The Opening's Orlando regional.

Theo Johnson just started following 5 PSU accounts on twitter for anyone who would like some positive tea leaves for tonight. Why not?

belushi-beer-can.gif

RJ Moten is announcing in 15 days if he goes Michigan I wonder what that does to Paige if anything. Maybe they get all three of Morant, Paige, and Moten, but that will be an angle to flip one

Reactions: CBird
RJ Moten is announcing in 15 days if he goes Michigan I wonder what that does to Paige if anything. Maybe they get all three of Morant, Paige, and Moten, but that will be an angle to flip one
Was so disappointed that Morant committed to MI. That kid has great skiils, fast, and can really hit. If we could get him somehow, I would easily overlook his going back on his word!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT