ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

RJ Moten is announcing in 15 days if he goes Michigan I wonder what that does to Paige if anything. Maybe they get all three of Morant, Paige, and Moten, but that will be an angle to flip one

Paige is now heavily favored to go to Michigan per 247.

"Michigan’s currently battling Kentucky, Ohio State and Penn State for his services, but they have been recently trending up and look to be in great shape heading into the final stretch of his recruitment.

I’ll have a full story coming up with Paige about his recruitment, thoughts on Michigan, his close bond with a Wolverine commitment that you might not know much about and his upcoming decision.

Like noted above, the Maize and Blue now hold a commanding lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Makari Paige with a plethora of predictions rolling in forthe Wolverines over the past week or so."

Reactions: TheGLOV

"Michigan’s currently battling Kentucky, Ohio State and Penn State for his services, but they have been recently trending up and look to be in great shape heading into the final stretch of his recruitment.

I’ll have a full story coming up with Paige about his recruitment, thoughts on Michigan, his close bond with a Wolverine commitment that you might not know much about and his upcoming decision.

Like noted above, the Maize and Blue now hold a commanding lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball for Makari Paige with a plethora of predictions rolling in forthe Wolverines over the past week or so."
Get bent. I already knew that.

Thanks for the update Jagoff but it ain’t over till it’s over - see you in the Beav for the white out - the booger eater better bring his a game.

Slow goes it on the trail during this dead period.

Anyone know when 247 is going to update their rankings. The composite 3* score for Fashanu, Bowens, Adams, Achumba, and Washington are all directly a result of their 247 score. If they update we should see each get big bumps and end up composite 4*s.

Big Devin Willock is New Jersey’s top 2020 OL still on the board | 2 teams pulling away

Paramus (N.J.) Catholic class of 2020 offensive lineman Devin Willock has yet to make his college decision, but that could change over the next month or so with five teams in the mix. Willock plans to visit his finalists once more before making his college pick.

“As of right now, my plan is to take visits to Georgia, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Boston College and Rutgers once the dead period is over and then commit,” Willock told NJ Advance Media.

However, his recruitment might not last quite that long.

“That’s not yet set in stone because, for some reason, I think I might have a change of heart and commit before those visits,” he said. "Then, whichever school I commit to will let me know if I can still visit those schools.”

The massive offensive lineman projects to guard and right tackle at the Power 5 level. Willock measured 6-6, 353 pounds at the Opening N.J. regional in April, despite being having a streamlined frame for a player so large. He also boasts developing foot quickness and competitiveness needed when protecting a quarterback’s blindside.

Willock still developing, but his upside is huge as players his size usually don’t have the agile feet that he does.

Although there are five teams with a shot, two are pulling away from the pack.

“There’s actually two: Georgia and Penn State,” he said.

There is a rumor that the University of Georgia has run out of scholarships, and won’t more offensive lineman in its 2020 class.

So, is there still a scholarship available for Willock?

“It seems so. I thought they were done too but they sprung up late to recruit me again," he said.

Willock had planned to make his college announcement earlier this month but held off after receiving offers from Penn State and Georgia Tech on June 26.

Indiana then became the last school to offer on July 12.

Boston College was the first Power 5 program to offer in February, followed by Rutgers on May 1.

Virginia, Buffalo, UMass and Howard round out his list of offers, with a decision soon to come.

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/07/...still-on-the-board-2-teams-have-the-edge.html

Big Devin Willock is New Jersey’s top 2020 OL still on the board | 2 teams pulling away

Paramus (N.J.) Catholic class of 2020 offensive lineman Devin Willock has yet to make his college decision, but that could change over the next month or so with five teams in the mix. Willock plans to visit his finalists once more before making his college pick.

“As of right now, my plan is to take visits to Georgia, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Boston College and Rutgers once the dead period is over and then commit,” Willock told NJ Advance Media.

However, his recruitment might not last quite that long.

“That’s not yet set in stone because, for some reason, I think I might have a change of heart and commit before those visits,” he said. "Then, whichever school I commit to will let me know if I can still visit those schools.”

The massive offensive lineman projects to guard and right tackle at the Power 5 level. Willock measured 6-6, 353 pounds at the Opening N.J. regional in April, despite being having a streamlined frame for a player so large. He also boasts developing foot quickness and competitiveness needed when protecting a quarterback’s blindside.

Willock still developing, but his upside is huge as players his size usually don’t have the agile feet that he does.

Although there are five teams with a shot, two are pulling away from the pack.

“There’s actually two: Georgia and Penn State,” he said.

There is a rumor that the University of Georgia has run out of scholarships, and won’t more offensive lineman in its 2020 class.

So, is there still a scholarship available for Willock?

“It seems so. I thought they were done too but they sprung up late to recruit me again," he said.

Willock had planned to make his college announcement earlier this month but held off after receiving offers from Penn State and Georgia Tech on June 26.

Indiana then became the last school to offer on July 12.

Boston College was the first Power 5 program to offer in February, followed by Rutgers on May 1.

Virginia, Buffalo, UMass and Howard round out his list of offers, with a decision soon to come.

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/07/...still-on-the-board-2-teams-have-the-edge.html
Willock wants to commit and then take official visits? I can’t see that going over well with CJF. Anyone have knowledge what our interest is in this young man? Sounds like he’s s player that needs developing.

Willock wants to commit and then take official visits? I can’t see that going over well with CJF. Anyone have knowledge what our interest is in this young man? Sounds like he’s s player that needs developing.

a few things. PSU is very interested, and appears to be in better shape than is indicated in the post to which you responded.

In addition, don't take too seriously everything a recruit says before or after they commit. They are 17/18/19-year-old kids. They are, for the most part, new to the process, unaware that everything they say is micro-analyzed, and also unaware of the implications of a lot of what they say. On the slip side, some recruits are much more aware of the implications of what they say, and somewhat enjoy playing games with the fan bases of various programs.

As for development, pretty much every single HS prospect needs development before playing in college. Willock, like all other HS prospects, does need to refine his skills.

CJF needs players added to the 2020 class that can play OT in 2022 and beyond, and the pool of candidates seems to be small and getting smaller as a good number of the top 2020 OT recruits are committed elsewhere. It would not make much sense for CJF to not be interested in a big, agile 2020 olineman from PSU's traditional recruiting territory .....

As Tom said, 99.99 percent of high school football players need some development before stepping into a P5 college football game. And OL, particularly OT, may be the toughest transition to make, with the increased speed of the game as well as the jump in strength required in moving from H.S. to major college football. That is why getting a couple of OT's to develop within the 2020 class is so important to the success of the team in 2022 and beyond.....

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
So the "NO CHANCE" guy is visiting PSU again? Can someone let him know that we are out of it? Thx.

giphy.gif

Hadn't seen anyone reference Kole Taylor's (TE) commitment to LSU in this thread. Obviously others have referenced potentially positive news about T. Johnson above, so this is simply FYI for those who knew that PSU was also pursuing Taylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT