ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

Holmes is 8/9, don’t see him moving up. Johnson and Willock are the two to watch for me

Reactions: TheGLOV
From Rivals homepage:

RB Jalen Berger

Top contenders:
Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU, Rutgers, Oregon

Recruiting outlook: Berger is in no rush to announce a commitment and is actually schedule to commit at the Adidas All-American Bowl in early January. His recruitment has been pegged as a battle between Ohio State and Michigan, but it seems like the door is open for other teams to make a move with him. Penn State stands to benefit the most from Berger’s lengthened timetable, but Oregon, LSU, and a few other schools will have a chance to impress him over the next few months.

Farrell’s take: This will be a case of dominoes falling. Berger plans to wait things out and that bodes well for Penn State. I think he ends up as a Nittany Lion but this one will also have many twists and turns.

10 big risers in the updated Top247 for the class of 2020

THEO JOHNSON, TE, WINDSOR (ONT.) HOLY NAMES
Johnson is part of one of the best tight end classes in recent memory. Following his impressive showing at The Opening Finals, Johnson moved up from No. 243 to No. 75 and is a fantastic prospect. The Canadian really checks off every box you want in a next-level tight end including a great frame, huge hands, tremendous catch radius and high level athleticism. He clocked a 4.63-40 at 6-6, 242 pounds and jumped nearly 35” in the vertical. He’s an every down tight end who’s a willing blocker, can make plays in the short to intermediate game as well as big plays down the field.

PSU verbal LB Curtis Jacobs up to #68 in the 247 rankings.
9256177.jpg

Curtis Jacobs

10 big risers in the updated Top247 for the class of 2020

THEO JOHNSON, TE, WINDSOR (ONT.) HOLY NAMES

Johnson is part of one of the best tight end classes in recent memory. Following his impressive showing at The Opening Finals, Johnson moved up from No. 243 to No. 75 and is a fantastic prospect. The Canadian really checks off every box you want in a next-level tight end including a great frame, huge hands, tremendous catch radius and high level athleticism. He clocked a 4.63-40 at 6-6, 242 pounds and jumped nearly 35” in the vertical. He’s an every down tight end who’s a willing blocker, can make plays in the short to intermediate game as well as big plays down the field.

I am kind of shocked Achumba and Washington didn't make the top 247 based on their performances. No matter the ranking should be very proud of the class. Lot of really good players.

Would love to have both Berger and Keyvonne Lee commit to the same backfield. Thunder and lightning! Would also love to just get one of them if greed isn't good....

I am kind of shocked Achumba and Washington didn't make the top 247 based on their performances. No matter the ranking should be very proud of the class. Lot of really good players.

Only 6 players are lower in the composite than 247s own ratings. Bowen is 600 spots lower

Don't know if PSU would be involved, but Rakim Jarrett might still be looking around.

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-can-lsu-hang-onto-five-star-wr-rakim-jarrett-
PSU not mentioned yet, but apparently he took down all references to LSU in his social media profiles.

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, NATIONAL RECRUITING DIRECTOR
“I don’t know if he will de-commit, but I don’t think he’s going to end up at LSU. Even when he committed there, I had a feeling this would be somewhat dramatic and that he would take visits and be a kid who could be swayed."

Reactions: ELDADDY and bison13
Jarrett just never seemed that intrigued by PSU. Maybe a breakout season from Dotson/Shorter could help before signing day? Honestly, I'd take Lambert over most WRs in this cycle. That kid's athletic profile + Galt could be the makings of PSU's next college freak.
Never thought real highly of jarrett, not based on ability but he's a jerk from what a couple caches have said

Reactions: cjrugger
Never thought real highly of jarrett, not based on ability but he's a jerk from what a couple caches have said

You are right. Rakim Jarrett has character issues and is a head case. He has stated that he wants to play in the SEC, but I doubt he will stay committed to LSU. An Ohio State recruiting expert posted a month ago that Jarrett had reached out to the OSU coaching staff, but they said no thanks since they have 4 top WR's committed. Honestly, his commitment is long from over and I would not be surprised if he ends up at Maryland.

You are right. Rakim Jarrett has character issues and is a head case. He has stated that he wants to play in the SEC, but I doubt he will stay committed to LSU. An Ohio State recruiting expert posted a month ago that Jarrett had reached out to the OSU coaching staff, but they said no thanks since they have 4 top WR's committed. Honestly, his commitment is long from over and I would not be surprised if he ends up at Maryland.
Thanks for including his first name. There are so many names floating around that I occasionally get lost trying to figure out who we’re talking about.

Don’t know about the character issues, but this guy wore all black to the whiteout game. That’s all you really need to know...

Reactions: Judge Smails
Don’t know about the character issues, but this guy wore all black to the whiteout game. That’s all you really need to know...

Are you kidding me?! If that kid was invited to The WhiteOut, and showed up in all black, I would have told him to hit the road right there! Talk about disrespect!

Reactions: ELDADDY
Over at 247 Sam Webb (UM insider) has an article up that the pendulum is swinging again for Theo Johnson. The assumption based on the comments and his recent CB shift to foggy from UM is that it is to Penn State. Frankly, I don't really think the momentum for PSU ever really went away, but I digress. Look at some of these UM comments:

alist858519 hrs
I just hope he waits long enough for penn state to go 7-5. MSU osu Iowa on the road. Michigan at home. And they’ll drop one more. They’re lucky that penn state ALWAYS plays such a crappy non conference schedule.

Franklin is 3-12 against Michigan MSU and osu. 1-4 against all 3. The 3 victories include a 3-9 MSU, a John okorn Michigan, and a blocked fg touchdown miracle to beat osu. I hope they beat MSU this year. Need them to win 8 games to keep James off the hotseat. Need him there as long as possible

Bigplay19617 hrs
For some reason, I just don't believe the words. I think the kid may be competition shy. Only time will tell, but he knows the Iowa TE room is good and he knows ours is very good. Seems like he is trending towards an average TE room. I wish him well and maybe he will make our TE room better, but not betting on it.

Bigplay19617 hrs
For some reason, I just don't believe the words. I think the kid may be competition shy. Only time will tell, but he knows the Iowa TE room is good and he knows ours is very good. Seems like he is trending towards an average TE room. I wish him well and maybe he will make our TE room better, but not betting on it.

Wow, that last comment is clueless. Freiermuth is a preseason all B10 selection that will be at PSU for this year and again in 2020. Obviously michigan's TE's, whoever they are, were considered and rated behind Freiermuth when Freiermuth was rated the best TE in the B10 for 2019. What does michigan have at TE that compares with that? Other than misinformed arrogance.....

Last edited:
Over at 247 Sam Webb (UM insider) has an article up that the pendulum is swinging again for Theo Johnson. The assumption based on the comments and his recent CB shift to foggy from UM is that it is to Penn State. Frankly, I don't really think the momentum for PSU ever really went away, but I digress. Look at some of these UM comments:

alist858519 hrs
I just hope he waits long enough for penn state to go 7-5. MSU osu Iowa on the road. Michigan at home. And they’ll drop one more. They’re lucky that penn state ALWAYS plays such a crappy non conference schedule.

Franklin is 3-12 against Michigan MSU and osu. 1-4 against all 3. The 3 victories include a 3-9 MSU, a John okorn Michigan, and a blocked fg touchdown miracle to beat osu. I hope they beat MSU this year. Need them to win 8 games to keep James off the hotseat. Need him there as long as possible

Bigplay19617 hrs

Half a championship in 70 years. I think that about sums it up.
I’m going to take a long nap. Wake me someday if they ever beat OSU again.

alist858519 hrs

Bigplay19617 hrs

How can they fit so many dumbasses in one thread? Oh, I forgot ..... it is Scum 1 no loss season in 75 years, SCUM. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT