ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Phillies Thread

....and tonight's bullpen meltdown is currently in progress. I can't imagine if they had to play 162 this season. Has Tommy Hunter ever done anything since getting here?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Segura homered to give the Phillies a 6-5 lead going into the 9th. Neris then walks the leadoff batter to start.

Segura homered to give the Phillies a 6-5 lead going into the 9th. Neris then walks the leadoff batter to start.

Neris looks like garbage tonight. The team comes up 3 in the bottom of the 8th and the closer does nothing. Awesome, Blake Parker is throwing in the pen.

WTF Segura? That was embarrassing. Pathetic considering these are major leaguers.

Didi drops a single and plates 2 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it up. And it all started with 2 outs.

Segura strikes out with men on 2nd & 3rd (on a nasty splitter on the outside corner), so it's 8-8, heading to the 10th inning. Now we get to see the new extra inning rules

Segura strikes out with men on 2nd & 3rd (on a nasty splitter on the outside corner), so it's 8-8, heading to the 10th inning. Now we get to see the new extra inning rules

Frustrating that this game should be over. I can't say I'm overly confident with our pen with the O's putting a runner on second.

Frustrating that this game should be over. I can't say I'm overly confident with our pen with the O's putting a runner on second.

wtf was Quinn doing on that play? He Had No Chance at catching the ball, no matter how fast he is. The #1 priority of an outfielder on that play is to keep the ball in front of you. Quinn screws up, and the ball makes it to the wall, and then Quinn doubles down by slipping after he fields the ball. Scored an inside the park HR, though it should have been a single with a RBI. Phils just giving runs away late in this game.

Granted 9 runs should win a game, but Kingery and Hoskins have been awful. Just a terrible loss.

Kingery at bat -- smh

Hoskins up with 2 out, men on 2nd & 3rd, Phils down by 1 ... quickly falls behind 0-2, and grounds out to SS to end the game.

fugly

Yes, the defense was terrible, but Neris has to close that game. He's the one guy that's supposed to be reliable. Can we say he will never be a big time closer?

The bullpen was awful, but gotta go with Segura as the goat of the game because of his inexplicable defensive play (not ruled an error) in the 9th.

With a tie score, based loaded, and 2 outs, the Oriole batter hits a high pop fly that traveled about 50 feet and was maybe 10 feet on the 1st base side of the mound. First baseman Hoskins was camped under the pop, but SS Segura at the last minute calls him off and heads over to make the play, meanwhile stumbling over the pitcher's mound, and totally blowing the play. 2 runs in.

It would have been a bad play in Little League.

Phils will be on COZI TV tomorrow night (460 on verizon). I only know that channel because they air The Six Million Dollar Man every day....lol

Reactions: TheGLOV and royboy
The bullpen is a joke, the defense is a liability, and they can’t hit with runners in scoring position to save their lives, other than that they look pretty solid. LOL.

Ruben Amaro Jr. Many of us had issues with his reign as GM, but I enjoyed listening to him on the TV broadcasts this weekend.

Ruben Amaro Jr. Many of us had issues with his reign as GM, but I enjoyed listening to him on the TV broadcasts this weekend.
Definitely enjoyed Amaro's color commentary. Regarding his GM tenure I believe he was ordered to keep the championship core together too long. Ed Wade also gets criticized but he stocked the team. Klentak and McPhail failed to recognize the the bull pen needs. They wasted two years with Kapler, anyone reading about Kapler's problems with SF.

Definitely enjoyed Amaro's color commentary. Regarding his GM tenure I believe he was ordered to keep the championship core together too long. Ed Wade also gets criticized but he stocked the team. Klentak and McPhail failed to recognize the the bull pen needs. They wasted two years with Kapler, anyone reading about Kapler's problems with SF.

I am starting to getting concerned about these 2 especially Klentak. His decision making at key positions has not been good in the least. He needs to get it right and soon. Thankfully Middleton is not afraid to make changes. He didn't get to where he is business wise by keeping people in positions that didn't perform.

Best inning I've seen this year. Phils score 7 runs in the 6th and lead 9-4. ALL the runs were with with 2 outs: 7 hits, a walk, HBP and 2 SB's. Still a ways to go with this bullpen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT