ADVERTISEMENT

Waiting for Bowl, Some Phillies stuff

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
First sign someone like Seth Lugo - then possible trade
Phillies trade Rojas (value will never be higher), Sanchez (lefty pitcher, value never higher), Abel and anyone else in the farm system not named Painter or Crawford for Soto.
Been a Phillies fan since 1950, just for some discussion.

Reactions: WaylonJ
What did you think of locking up Nola? I'm not a big fan of Nola. He doesn't seem very durable, gets rinsed early and everything is up resulting in a lot of HR. This seems even more true in hot weather, even though he claims he likes hot weather and came from NOLA. That said he was pretty reliable in the playoffs. He's a #3 at best on most teams. They gave him too many years for sure, but from what I see from Middleton it was in some measure probably a thank you for services rendered.

I am all for trading Rojas, he's currently an automatic out. If nobody could teach him to hit by now, it seems unlikely that will change. His value is dependent on getting on. If he can't hit, he's not getting on. Obviously a great glove man and lightning fast.

What did you think of locking up Nola? I'm not a big fan of Nola. He doesn't seem very durable, gets rinsed early and everything is up resulting in a lot of HR. This seems even more true in hot weather, even though he claims he likes hot weather and came from NOLA. That said he was pretty reliable in the playoffs. He's a #3 at best on most teams. They gave him too many years for sure, but from what I see from Middleton it was in some measure probably a thank you for services rendered.

I am all for trading Rojas, he's currently an automatic out. If nobody could teach him to hit by now, it seems unlikely that will change. His value is dependent on getting on. If he can't hit, he's not getting on. Obviously a great glove man and lightning fast.
Regarding Nola, initially wasn't high on resigning, HR's. Yet, around the league he was in demand, Dodgers, Braves, Cards plus others. Checking numbers, in terms of starts and innings, possibly most durable pitcher in league, think he has averaged 32 starts over the past several years, yes, he is more of a #3. AS for Rojas, he did hit .302 over 1/2 a season, guess we saw the true Rojas in the playoffs. Targeting a package that will acquire Soto, last year Padres had to borrow $$$ to make payroll. Soto LF/RF, Marsh back to CF, Castelanos (SP) LF/RF.

Not durable?

Over the last 5 years (excluding 2020 Covid year)

Starts: 33, 34, 32, 32, 32
IP: 212, 202, 180, 205, 193

You can say he’s been somewhat inconsistent in his results, but he’s absolutely been durable

Reactions: doctornick
Call it what you want, he can be solid for 3 innings and something goes horribly wrong and he starts giving up bombs. In hot weather he looks like he's dying out there and starts leaving everything up. That's what I'm talking about, not IP. You can tell too because of all the gyrations with his hair, marching around the bump, going to the bag, etc. That's when you know we don't have good Nola that day. I know lots of teams were interested in him, because pitching is scarce and his contract definitely illustrates that.

Regarding Nola, initially wasn't high on resigning, HR's. Yet, around the league he was in demand, Dodgers, Braves, Cards plus others. Checking numbers, in terms of starts and innings, possibly most durable pitcher in league, think he has averaged 32 starts over the past several years, yes, he is more of a #3. AS for Rojas, he did hit .302 over 1/2 a season, guess we saw the true Rojas in the playoffs. Targeting a package that will acquire Soto, last year Padres had to borrow $$$ to make payroll. Soto LF/RF, Marsh back to CF, Castelanos (SP) LF/RF.
Would love to get Soto - exactly what the lineup needs in contrast with all the dumb at the plate free swingers We have

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT