ADVERTISEMENT

2020 B1G Tournament Session I Thread

Maybe cut Verk some slack. Thomas just took Sasso to TB2 and lost on a ride out.

I think Seth was 16 in the last coaches rank and only had 14 matches when the last RPI came out I believe.
You're right. I misread the columns in WrestleStat.

Coaches rank that high is to his benefit. But still would not want to rely solely on that, especially if he finishes more than 1 spot out.

I don't know about y'all, but the camera work is absolutely awful for the B1G Championships. What is there, one angle for each mat? Well, that's Rutgers for ya.

Very makes wrestling boring to watch and does not give his best and is never aggressive. He should be benched and let a kid with a heart to compete get experience. The coach at my old HS 1959-62 would never let a plodder like him compete. He once threw in the towel stopping a match where his wrestler staled and refused to compete.

Both of my cousins had back to back undefeated regular seasons but and were aggressive, never wrestling not to lose like Verk. No one would attend Lion matches with 10 Verks.
Mom,
What did I tell you about hitting the old fashions this early in the day?

Seth can not wrestle again this year and I still think he performed admirably. He's the 3rd best heavyweight on the original roster so it's alright.

He'd have to hope for no upsets elsewhere.
16th RPI -- good.
No coaches ranking.
Loss drops him below .700 win %.

Plus at larges usually go first to guys who finish one spot out of an auto qualifier.

If he wins first match tonight, then he's (temporarily) above .700 again.
Yeah....exactly. He needs to go again, win and then hope if he can't continue. Any upsets anywhere else and he's more unlikely than likely.

DeSanto's 1-0 win was pretty close.
No worries about team titles, just look forward to the great matchups!

Good Lord, do these refs know what stalling is? Watching Webster is like watching paint dry.

Sasso won via gas tank. Thomas was dead
Unfortunately I was watching too many matches but didn’t understand the scoring of that match and was surprised he won. There was a scramble in overtime which I thought Thomas scores on but maybe not

Unfortunately I was watching too many matches but didn’t understand the scoring of that match and was surprised he won. There was a scramble in overtime which I thought Thomas scores on but maybe not
Sasso held the leg and got hit for stalling but didn’t give up the reversal

Funny since a lot think Sasso always gasses against Lee. He gave up a reversal in OT but YaYa gave up a stalling point hanging onto the leg. Thus, next OT Sasso escaped to tie it and go on...

Brooks is so slick. Really looks ready to compete for a title in a few weeks.

Sasso held the leg and got hit for stalling but didn’t give up the reversal
Well, because they only have one view, you can't see much on the other side of the mat. The B1G should never have allowed this arena.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT