ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Is he a possibility for us? Is the staff willing to take 2 RBs?

The staff has been pursuing FL RB Noah Cain as well and he’s said something to the effect of “the staff has been heavily pursuing me and I’m still interested in coming even if Ford commits,” so I do think the staff would be open to 2 RBs if both are elite
I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin feels like some here, me, that Sanders is likely to be going pro next year. Still don't know how he caps this class at 18...

Also we lead with 5* Lloyd in 2020 and are top 2 for 5* Tyree in 2020.

Is he a possibility for us? Is the staff willing to take 2 RBs?
I just watched Thompkins’s videos. I don’t know what level of FB his high school plays but Ronald looks to be a really good RB. He’s fast and makes people miss. I was impressed.

Could be a WR as well though I only saw him catching screen passes. SEC speed:).

I just watched Thompkins’s videos. I don’t know what level of FB his high school plays but Ronald looks to be a really good RB. He’s fast and makes people miss. I was impressed.

Could be a WR as well though I only saw him catching screen passes. SEC speed.
Would be wonderful if people got into the habit of sharing their links. :)

Reactions: T J
Has Franklin answered any questions on this classes size? Forgive me but I can't remember seeing it. Frankly the offers and moves appear more like a 20+ plus class than 18.

Could be a WR as well though I only saw him catching screen passes. SEC speed:).

He plays for Grayson here in Georgia. Grayson is in Gwinnett County and is top tier football. Grayson is in the largest classification in the state and in the best County for football here. Lots of D1 prospects coming out of Gwinnett County.

He’s putting up good numbers against the best competition in the state. My wife works for North Gwinnett, which won the 7A state title last year. A couple of years ago Grayson had the number one ranked team in the country. Pretty sure it was when Robert Nkemdiche was there.

Has Franklin answered any questions on this classes size? Forgive me but I can't remember seeing it. Frankly the offers and moves appear more like a 20+ plus class than 18.

I don't see how this class can reach 20 without major processing. At the same time, it's always fun to pull in more recruits, but at some point I'd like the roster not to be weighted so heavily on the young side.

He plays for Grayson here in Georgia. Grayson is in Gwinnett County and is top tier football. Grayson is in the largest classification in the state and in the best County for football here. Lots of D1 prospects coming out of Gwinnett County.

He’s putting up good numbers against the best competition in the state. My wife works for North Gwinnett, which won the 7A state title last year. A couple of years ago Grayson had the number one ranked team in the country. Pretty sure it was when Robert Nkemdiche was there.

Nice! My nephew plays baseball at North Gwinnett. I know there is a lot of talent there. It would be nice if we could establish a pipeline down in that area.

There was a time, not all that long ago, that half this amount of excitement after a verbal would garner a stern warning about how long it is until signing day. Have you people gone mad? You've not only counted the chickens, but you've barbecued them before the eggs have been laid.

My question is, what kind of sauce did you use?

Actually they are supposed to see him tonight, but it doesn't look like it matters.

What we are doing in VA this year is truly epic, if it all comes to fruition. I imagine Corley has something to do with this. JF seems to put a very high premium on the recruiting ability of his assistants. I wonder if it's just a given that these guys are all good coaches, or if JF is willing to take a slightly less capable coach if he is also an elite recruiter.

Actually they are supposed to see him tonight, but it doesn't look like it matters.

What we are doing in VA this year is truly epic, if it all comes to fruition. I imagine Corley has something to do with this. JF seems to put a very high premium on the recruiting ability of his assistants. I wonder if it's just a given that these guys are all good coaches, or if JF is willing to take a slightly less capable coach if he is also an elite recruiter.
Which is the smartest approach - recruiting is by far the most important part of the job description for a college coach (in any sport).

I agree. I still think we see a class of around 20-23 - with the higher number being more likely.
Yea, the targets, time investments, and interest are definitely pointing that way.

That, along with me being a firm believer this is another NY6 bowl team at worst, probably much better, suggests the NFL is going to come calling for quite a few guys.

There was a time, not all that long ago, that half this amount of excitement after a verbal would garner a stern warning about how long it is until signing day.

THE WORST POSTS. Should be met with instant ban. The "get off my lawn" of the message board world. Needlessly pessimistic with zero evidence. Just someone who needs to be contrarian.

Reactions: PSU87
How's something like (21):
QB- Roberson
RB- Ford, Thompkins
WR- Metchie, Weston
OL- Wallace, Truss, Whigan, Wormley, Moore
DL- Beamon, R. Johnson, Isaac
LB- Smith, Dixon
DB- Ellis, Rudolph, Kelly, Wilson, Brisker, Cine

With a we'll make room for you spot for Harrison.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Seems we're generating quite the momentum in recruiting. Any updates on Keilan Robinson lately? Maybe he's a Plan B, but his film pops like Kellogg's Rice Krispies.

QB- Roberson
RB- Ford, Thompkins
WR- Metchie, Weston
LB- Smith, Dixon

6 DBs seems like a little much for this class, no? I can't imagine they would take more than 5 DBs, unless Kelly is going to play offense.

Reactions: GregInPitt

One thing is for certain: methods that work with many may not have the same impact on Harrison.

“I’m not going to get excited over pictures of me in their jersey and everything, so they have to change their approach and adapt to what I find important,” he said. “I’m a big family guy. I just want to go somewhere where the players care about each other, the coaches care about the players and the players care about the coaches.”

Reactions: bmw199 and kevin310
Upcoming Schedule:

Alfano: May 18
Ford: May 18
Rudolph: May 21
Brandon Smith: May 21

Cam'ron Kelly: soon
Wilson: soon

Wormley: July 23

Gonna be a lovely summer
Alfano: May 18
Ford: May 18
Rudolph: May 21
Brandon Smith: May 21
Cam'ron Kelly: June 8
Hakeem Beamon: June 16

Wilson: soon
Wormley: July 23

It's almost like someone is setting it up so that there is a commitment every week or so...almost

EDIT: Cine official visit June 8

Last edited:
QB- Roberson
RB- Ford, Thompkins
WR- Metchie, Weston
LB- Smith, Dixon

Looks nice.

Not that I've thought through whether that many recruits or all those in particular against other prospects and the current roster, but based on a quick scan that's not an ugly list!!

6 DBs seems like a little much for this class, no? I can't imagine they would take more than 5 DBs, unless Kelly is going to play offense.
We have at least five DBs on the field for the majority of defensive snaps, which means we should be recruiting at least as many DBs per cycle as OL - especially since DBs can play on special teams at a higher frequency than OL can.

We have at least five DBs on the field for the majority of defensive snaps, which means we should be recruiting at least as many DBs per cycle as OL - especially since DBs can play on special teams at a higher frequency than OL can.
So true and you need versatile DB's at that. The majority of teams are not running Wisky's offense so you have to be able to get athletes on the field and have depth there.

I know others keep saying things like "especially with such a small class size" but I don't see it either - I'm seeing 20 minimum, and I don't see a class size of 20 as small - I consider 15-19 small.

I'm also seeing 20 "minimum" from here on out with every class. I certainly could be wrong, don't tell me wife that, but I actually see most year's classes in the 23-25 range and I would be shocked to see any classes in the teens going forward.

Reactions: bmw199
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT