ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Coach Smith/Banks deserve some credit, the secondary recruiting hauls have been outstanding over the past few cycles. With a Rudolph announcement, the domino effect in secondary commitments should start.

I can also get pretty excited about a Smith/Dixon haul at LB - to go along with Parsons/Luketa? Yikes.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I notice all of the "I hope Franklin sticks around forever at Penn State!" comments from the Pitt board have pretty much dried up.

Yeah, you don't see those anymore because they realized that he's not the guy they hoped he was. It was always projection anyway. They were scared that Franklin was the guy everybody else thought he was which was one of the two most sought after coaches in CFB that off-season (Charlie Strong) being the other. They were scared he was as legit as they said and all of the Franklin bashing was nothing more them projecting how worried they were.

Charlie Strong flopped at UT though and Franklin has thrived at PSU.

Not too mention... look at the recruiters we are about to add to this class! They will help reel in other big fish!

There was a time, not all that long ago, that half this amount of excitement after a verbal would garner a stern warning about how long it is until signing day. Have you people gone mad? You've not only counted the chickens, but you've barbecued them before the eggs have been laid.

My question is, what kind of sauce did you use?

I saw Cine set 3 OVs for this summer. This is going to get interesting real fast with him, Porter, and Brisker. Assuming Rudolph, Kelly, and Wilson add to Ellis. How many more?
If Rudolph, Kelly and Wilson all pull the trigger as expected, I’d think the staff would hold off on Porter and Brisker until Cine makes his decision later in the summer. I see Cine as solidly ahead of the two PA guys on the big board, but I’d be surprised if they take more than 5 DBs.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It seems like Brisker is pretty high on the board? And the Juco angle helps his case in terms of being able to play early. Agreed on Porter
I agree. I think Brisker is higher than Porter, but Cine is a top-50 overall talent who has four years of eligibility. I think if push came to shove, though, they’d probably take Cine and Brisker and Porter would become a no-take.

There was a time, not all that long ago, that half this amount of excitement after a verbal would garner a stern warning about how long it is until signing day. Have you people gone mad? You've not only counted the chickens, but you've barbecued them before the eggs have been laid.

Barbecued? They've already been eaten. And they were quite tasty.

If we have 4 secondary commitments by June, I would imagine Portis and Brisker would be put on hold. Are we taking 5 in the secondary this cycle with such a small class? Cine will be a take regardless, but would we hold steady with Rudolph, Kelly, Wilson, and Ellis?

Maybe we should bring Cronkite out of retirement and have him issues some of his “lock” predictions to other schools?

Jack Daniels

Reactions: Agoodnap

tumblr_ow8zh8Oiur1wzypxlo1_500.gif

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

THE VERDICT
“I’m going to pick Penn State here over Virginia Tech, although Ford has done a great job of keeping his decision quiet. This is a hunch based on his relationship with the coaches and the chance to be the next Saquon Barkley
at Penn State, which is also closer to competing for a national title.” - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Director of Recruiting

Last edited:
Do you think that is in addition to Metchie or in place off? Could he also be a TE?

My guess would be in addition as Metchie looks like a future slot receiver and Weston more the Blacknall/Juwan J./Shorter type lining up on the outside. Can't imagine a class without at least 2 WRs, even one in the 18-20 range.

Definitely not a TE - wouldn't surprise me if there's no TE in this class with the ship appearing to have sailed on Billingsley and 5 already on schollie and likely returning next year.

Brisker is the most important recruit in this class. He is a take no matter what.

I think you may have Brisker (juco) mixed up with Lewis Cine - both play safety. Cine was formerly of Mass. and relocated to a high school in Texas, borderline 5*.

Cine is probably the top DB on the board.

I think you may have Brisker (juco) mixed up with Lewis Cine - both play safety. Cine was formerly of Mass. and relocated to a high school in Texas, borderline 5*.

Cine is probably the top DB on the board.
But he will be a true freshman, not a guy 2 years removed. Brisker is more ready to be a starter next year. Again, this isn’t just my opinion.

This isn’t just my opinion. The staff he real concerns about the depth at safety next year and Brisker would be a starter from day 1.
They very well may have concerns but that is some hyperbole. Could he start, maybe. Some young guys will see time there this year. Sorry, but there are much higher targets IMO.

This isn’t just my opinion. The staff he real concerns about the depth at safety next year and Brisker would be a starter from day 1.

But he will be a true freshman, not a guy 2 years removed. Brisker is more ready to be a starter next year. Again, this isn’t just my opinion.

If we recruit the right guys, they can contribute as freshmen....

Reactions: OhioLion
Is he a possibility for us? Is the staff willing to take 2 RBs?

The staff has been pursuing FL RB Noah Cain as well and he’s said something to the effect of “the staff has been heavily pursuing me and I’m still interested in coming even if Ford commits,” so I do think the staff would be open to 2 RBs if both are elite

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT