ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt...ations-top-MLB-heading-to-Penn-State-51448547

Nation's top MLB heading to Penn State
622_h.jpg

Penn State Story: Shane Lee visited Penn State for the Nittany Lions’ win over the Buckeyes in October. There Brent Pry extended a scholarship offer to the four-star prospect. He’s set to return to State College this weekend as the Nittany Lions try to further a good early relationship. Lee is in the very early stages of his recruitment.

This kid is what, 15 or 16 years old? 6 foot tall and 240 pounds of solid muscle. He must absolutely light up high school kids on the field - looks like a High level D1 college athlete already. Sounds like a great Penn State name too for some reason - Shane Lee.

If there is one kid in 2019 I really want to go to PSU...it's him

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
If there is one kid in 2019 I really want to go to PSU...it's him

1859_h.jpg,qitok=BqRQUdio.pagespeed.ce.WM4ocnzDgq.jpg

http://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-s...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

SHANE LEE SET TO VISIT CAMPUS
Nick will have a more developed list of Junior Day visitors this weekend in another post today, but one prospect that should be mentioned is top 2019 linebacker Shane Lee. We talked about Lee back in October when he visited at the beginning of the month and received a scholarship offer at the end of it. 247Sports' preview of his visit mentions that Lee is still in the "very early stages of his recruitment," so expect Brent Pry and company to keep in close contact over the next year to put themselves in as good of a position as possible.

Penn State signed Fred Hansard from Princeton (N.J.) The Hun School earlier this month, and the Nittany Lions extended another scholarship offer at the school on Saturday. Class of 2019 offensive lineman Caedan Wallace reported an offer on Saturday afternoon at Junior Day.

It’s the fourth offer for the 6-foot-5, 310-pound prospect

Reactions: TheGLOV
I get that they are only children, but they sure look like children. No wonder some of them act less than mature at times during this process.

It's insulting to say a young kid looks like a young kid? You're a tough one.

Ok. I'll rephrase it:

Whoa! Those youngsters look like full-grown men! My grandfather looks younger than they do. I can't wait to see how much older they look when they are wearing Blue and White!

Better?

Reactions: CappyToCJF
BURGH ATHLETE TO VISIT
2019 Pittsburgh athlete Corey Thomas, Jr. (Central Catholic) will be making stops in State College several times in the next few months. Thomas is unrated by all services thus far.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Glenwood high school 2019| 4
2b50.png
Offensive line| Wrestler| Water enthusiast

Chatham, IL

Glenwood high school 2019| Offensive line| Wrestler| Water enthusiast

Chatham, IL

Lions Set To Host 5 Star OL

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Penn-State-set-to-host-top-OT-51908839

Penn State will get one of the top offensive linemen in the country in the Class of 2019 on campus this weekend. Chatham (Ill.) Glenwood offensive tackle Will Putnam will be making the trip for a Saturday visit. The rising junior was offered by the Nittany Lions back in January.

Putnam is the No. 39 overall prospect in the country in the next cycle and the No. 4 offensive tackle nationally according to 247Sports. Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, LSU, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, UCLA and Virginia have all offered as well.

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound prospect is being recruited for the Nittany Lions by assistant coach Ricky Rahne, who recruits the area for Penn State. He is the No. 2 prospect in Illinois in the next cycle.

Ci_8k_qWkAAWXn5.jpg

2019 ATH Dean Engram holds Big Ten, ACC offers, but his recruitment is different than most
234179.jpg

BRIAN DOHN
12:32 PM

Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga class of 2019 athlete Dean Engram holds nine offers, and discusses his recruitment with Scout.

Dean Engram, an athletic cornerback and receiver in 2019 class, already holds nine offers.

Penn State, where his father, Bobby played, Wisconsin, NC State, Virginia Tech, Rutgers and Pittsburgh already extended one, and Maryland has high interest in the Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga standout.

Penn State coach James Franklin and assistant Charles Huff stopped by Gonzaga in the winter, and Engram took notice. The Nittany Lions offered in May 2016.

"I've kept in contact with them since the day they offered me," Engram said. "They always want me to keep working. Don't let any offers define you. Go all out and keep working. They also emphasized grades, to keep my grades high."

Only a sophomore, kicker Kolton McGhee has already received serious attention from FBS programs.
1283261.jpg

ED OBRIEN (CLEEZY)
Yesterday at 2:04 PM/ Originally published onScout Penn Preps

Bishop Guilfyole (PA) kicker Kolton McGhee has already established himself as one of the best kickers in his class.

Follow @EdOBrienScout

Kolton McGhee

6'0" / 160 lbs

It's not too often that you have a sophomore that's considered to be one of the best kickers in the nation. However, it's not too far-fetched to put Class of 2019 Pennsylvania kicker Kolton McGhee in that conversation. The evidence? Power 5 schools such as Penn State, Notre Dameand Rutgers have began to show serious interest in McGhee. McGhee talked to Scout Penn Preps about Penn State and his upcoming plans.

Amazing day for 2019 All-American K/P @14Koltonmcghee as he makes a visit to PSU today. #WeAre @coachjfranklin@CoachHuff@SamWilliamsPSUpic.twitter.com/uwIYr4LeMo

— BG Marauder Football (@BGMarauderFball) March 31, 2017

ON PENN STATE:
"It was a great experience (the visit to Penn State). To start the day off, I was greeted by the entire coaching staff once I entered the facility. I got a tour of the Lasch Facility and the campus. I met with the head strength and conditioning coach and the academic advisor. I also sat in on a team meeting and I finished the day with a meeting with Head Coach (James) Franklin, Coach Huff and Coach Williams). I was very encouraged by the feedback I received from all of the coaches. They said I'm definitely their guy and that it's just a matter of time until I receive that offer."

That wasn't all McGhee had to say about the visit. Here's more:

"The (Penn State) program is very well organized and definitely run by the right people. I was able to spend the day with Coach Williams and Coach Goodman. We built a relationship that's going to be very important to this recruiting process."

OTHER SCHOOLS SHOWING INTEREST
McGhee recently visited West Virginia last week and visited East Carolina on Apr. 1. McGhee has plans to visit Rutgers and Notre Dame Fighting Irish next weekend.

2019 All-American K/P @14Koltonmcghee is visiting @ECUPiratesFB today. Great Weather and a Great Visit. @ECUCoach_Moorepic.twitter.com/4XyHRbd2UX

— BG Marauder Football (@BGMarauderFball) April 1, 2017

SHARE ON TWITTER
4 CONVERSATIONS ABOUT THIS STORY
Posted on:ScoutPennPreps.com> Statewide Football Forum
EdOBrien.png

MCGHEE'S RECRUITMENT KICKS INTO OVERDRIVEEdOBrienYesterday at 6:15 PM