ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

--Class of 2019 quarterback Ta'Quan Roberson visited Penn State and Rutgers during spring practice. He is a big fan of Penn State's tradition and wants to go back to see a practice in camp. He added a recent offer Virginia Tech but he does not know much about the school. He said he has a strong relationship with Rutgers coach Chris Ash and added it is clear the program is changing for the better.

--Class of 2019 cornerback Nyquee Hawkins of Orange (N.J.) High made recent visits to Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State, and he is planning a visit to Stanford later this month. Virginia Tech is also a school Hawkins is looking at hard and he is planning trips to North Carolina, Notre Dame and return trips to schools he already visited.

FOOTBALL

14h ago
2019 Rivals100 RB looking into PSU, VT, LSU, Clemson, UNC, & OSU
Adam Friedman | Recruiting Analyst

x8z9dbsuw4v3z4eyzgqu

Devyn Ford
Nick Lucero/Rivals.com
There are few players in the 2019 class that have drawn more attention than Rivals100 running back Devyn Ford. The Stafford (Va.) North Stafford ball carrier is working on narrowing his focus but more schools keep throwing their hat into the race.

Devyn Ford

Running Back
North Stafford
Stafford, VA
RR: 6
Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 185 lbs
Class: 2019

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

IN HIS OWN WORDS…

“Oklahoma was my newest offer,” Ford said. “It's a big deal to get an offer from them and being from way out there. It's like 'running back university.'

“Penn State, Virginia Tech, LSU, Clemson, North Carolina, and Ohio State are some of the schools I've been looking into,” he said. “I'm trying to narrow my list down after this coming season. I'll try to get down to a top ten or top five.

“I might do the Freak Show at North Carolina again this summer,” said Ford. “I think that's the only visit right now.

RIVALS’ REACTION

The recruiting process has been very methodical for Ford so far and it should continue that way. Ford and his family are about relationships and development on and off the field. He has yet to take many visits that are far from home so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to a school that is far from home. It’s early to issue any sort of prediction for Ford but Ohio State, Penn State, Clemson, and North Carolina will likely be involved all the way until the end.

Reactions: TheGLOV

The trip to Penn State two months ago was the most recent of three recruiting visits Hellams has taken to see the Nittany Lions.

“I have a really good vibe up there,” Hellams said. “I talk to Coach (Tim) Banks every week and I talk to Coach (James) Franklin a lot.”

4-star Tennessee DE Joseph Anderson has sights set on State College after recent offer

No doubt, I’ll take an official [visit] there,” Anderson said.

“It’s a school I’ve been keeping my eye on for a long time,” Anderson said. “It’s a place I feel like I could play at, and I want to be around all those fans to see what that experience is like.”

From a distance, Anderson admires what coach James Franklin – just a few years removed from the Nashville area himself – has accomplished.

I’m very impressed by Penn State and how coach Franklin has made it like a powerhouse now,” he said. “They’re going to continue to get better. It is amazing to see them fill that stadium with fans.”

Per 247, 2020 RB/ATH, Jalen Berger of Don Bosco, was offered by Franklin after Saturday's elite camp. Also holds offers from UM, MSU, MD, Rutgers, Syracuse and BC.

Figured I'd put it here.

Nittany Lions offer a pair of 2019 passers
The Nittany Lions spent much of the spring piecing together a board of targets for the 2019 cycle, and that process continued this past weekend when two rising junior quarterbacks landed offers.

The first arrived Saturday when Iowa product Max Duggan attended camp in State College. This 6-2, 175-pound prospect expanded his collegiate horizons with the trip and shared some thoughts with Land of 10 colleague Chris Heady on Monday.

“It was the first time I ever went out to the East Coast and I got a tour of campus, got to talk to coaches, a tour of the facilities,” he said. “Their offense fits me and I really liked it. I loved it. I love the coaches out there, I love the family environment, and the city is great. It’s surrounded by Penn State football.”

The offer came courtesy of Franklin, who shared his vision for Penn State players during their conversation.

“He told me everything he expects out of his players and what he expects when you come into his program,” Duggan said. “And he told me it’s not about making it to the NFL, that’s just a bonus. It’s about getting you here to graduate and be the best man you can be.”

Considered the No. 5 pro-style passer in 247Sports’ 2019 rankings, the Lewis Central (Council Bluffs, Iowa) High standout tallied 29 total touchdowns as a sophomore. He claimed a Nebraska offer Monday, adding to a Big Ten offer sheet that also includes Iowa and Minnesota.

Penn State also expanded its early 2019 quarterback search to North Carolina. Charlotte Christian School prospect Garrett Shrader announced the development Sunday:

DBfX4chUAAAYqFH.jpg:small
DBfX4ciU0AAnygR.jpg:small

Follow
Garrett Shrader @GarrettShrader6

Blessed to receive an offer from Penn State University! #WeAre

12:25 PM - 4 Jun 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Shrader remains unranked by 247Sports, but his size and production have attracted interest from several schools.

The 6-5, 190-pound passer completed 65 percent of attempts for 2,564 yards and 29 touchdowns as a sophomore, per MaxPreps. He added 615 yards and 5 scores on the ground in 12 games.

Penn State follows East Carolina, Louisville, Missouri and Pittsburgh as programs to pull the trigger on an offer.

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state...ol-blake-zubovic-names-nittany-lions-finalist

2019 QB Max Duggan appreciates being an early Penn State priority

The dominant college football recruiting news Wednesday centers on a 2018 quarterback, and we’ll address that story a little later here, but let’s start with early program endeavors with 2019 passers. As we noted in our Monday notebook, the Nittany Lions extended scholarship offers over the weekend to a pair of high school juniors: Max Duggan of Iowa and Garrett Shrader of North Carolina.

Both players claim several collegiate opportunities through just two prep seasons. Duggan, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound prospect from Lewis Central (Council Bluffs, Iowa) High School, added another offer Monday from fellow Big Ten member Nebraska.

Though he is presently occupied with baseball season, Duggan found time to visit Penn State this past weekend. He flew east alongside his mother and spent much of his time at an on-campus Nittany Lions camp under the tutelage of offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead.

“Coach Moorhead was with us the whole time and Coach Franklin also maneuvered around all day,” Duggan said. “Coach Moorhead was helping me with the little things that I can fix moving forward, whether it’s throwing motion or mechanics stuff. He had great things to say though.”

The son of former South Dakota QB Jim Duggan, he prides himself as a student of the position. Though the highlight of his Happy Valley experience was undoubtedly the moment Franklin revealed an offer, Duggan savored a study session with Penn State’s play caller.

“Coach Moorhead and I got to watch film together for about an hour,” he said. “We went over their philosophy and what they look for in a quarterback. I’m similar to the quarterbacks Penn State has right now. What they do in the offense — RPOs (run-pass option), extending plays with mobility and throwing the ball downfield — is everything that’s in my game.”

Duggan battled for the starting job at Lewis Central and earned it outright by the end of his freshman season. He returned in 2016 as an unquestioned starter, tallying 1,651 passing yards, 592 rushing yards and 29 total touchdowns, according to 247Sports.

“I can sit back and throw all the intermediate and deep passes,” Duggan said. “I’ll also use my feet to gain some yards, get out of the pocket and throw on the run.”

Duggan, considered the No. 5 pro-style quarterback in 247Sports’ 2019 composite rankings, didn’t necessarily expect an offer from Penn State during his first time on campus. His goal was to make a positive impression, and pick up some vibes about the program.

“I just wanted to go out there to check things out, compete the best I could and then see what happens,” he said.

Franklin and Moorhead saw enough to feel confident about putting Duggan on the 2019 target board. Both were in the room, along with Max’s mother, when things became official.

“Getting a chance to spend some time with Coach Franklin and see his personality was a great experience and I loved it,” he said. “It’s a great honor for them to believe in me as a person and player for their program.”

Duggan hopes to return to State College sometime this year, perhaps for a game, but his schedule remains tentative. Aside from Penn State, his past university visits include Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and Nebraska.

At this stage, there is no time frame for a collegiate commitment. That’s probably a wise choice considering more offers are likely to pour in this summer.

Reactions: T J and TheGLOV
Already has CB's in from Fitz, Wiltfong and a bunch of others....

Antonio%20Alfano%20Lasch%20Bash.jpg

elite 2019 recruit Antonio Alfano
Alfano is a four-star defensive lineman from Bergen Catholic (N.J.) High School and the No. 13 player in the country, according to 247Sports. He is a top target for the Lions who says he is impressed by James Franklin and his coaching staff and talks like Penn State is clearly one of his top schools. In fact, Land of 10's Tyler Donohue talked to Alfano and filed a 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Penn State shortly after.

"These two guys are just so down to earth," Alfano told Donohue. "They really care. Like my dad says, these guys you can sit down with and hang out with. They've got your back."

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
3 teammates discuss experience of receiving Penn State offers at camp

Mekhail Sherman (center, left of James Franklin) was one of three St. John's College (Washington, D.C.) High School players to receive an offer Friday at Penn State.
Mekhail Sherman/Twitter
TD-Headshot_ovsrl5.jpg

Tyler Donohue
@TDsTake
Posted 9 hours ago

Penn State coach James Franklin extended scholarship offers to a trio of St. John’s College (Washington, D.C.) High School athletes Friday. Quinten Johnson, Keilan Robinson and Mekhail Sherman each officially became Nittany Lions targets while attending a camp in State College.

Robinson, a 2019 running back, received his offer on the field following a blazing 4.34-second 40-yard dash. Johnson, a defensive back and fellow rising junior, claimed his later in Franklin’s office.

Sherman, a 2020 linebacker, followed Johnson’s meeting with Franklin. He left as a rare priority prospect among prep players who’ve completed just one high school season.

Land of 10 caught up with all three teammates this weekend, learning more about their respective skills, how a Penn State offer impacts the recruiting process, and what it meant to share that experience together.

Here’s your introduction to each new Nittany Lions target, ordered by when they received their offers.

RB Keilan Robinson
The Nittany Lions staff didn’t hesitate when the 5-foot-9, 175-pound Robinson scorched Penn State turf Friday in the 40. He received an offer on the field where drills took place.

“They love my speed,” Robinson said. “Speed is a game changer, speed kills. They also love how versatile I am coming out of the backfield. I can run anywhere on the field, and I can catch the ball or sometimes line up in the slot.”

He worked under the direction of Penn State running backs coach Charles Huff, and proved he’s more than a sprinter.

“Coach Huff also stresses good hips,” Robinson said. “He loves running backs who have good hips and are able to avoid tackles. That’s one of the other things they like about me.”

Heading toward his junior campaign, he appears primed for a highly productive fall. Robinson made an impact in 2016, averaging 9.7 yards per carry, according to Sean Fitz of 247Sports.

He collected 487 yards on the ground in six games, adding 10 receptions and tallying 7 total touchdowns. Expectations have since mounted, something that becomes apparent when you speak with his teammates.

“In my opinion, Keilan is the best running back in the nation no matter the class,” Johnson said. “I know he will have a monster season this year and will be a Sunday [NFL] player.”

Robinson, who also holds offers from Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina and Rutgers, explained the importance of this latest collegiate opportunity.

Penn State is one of my top schools and to have finally earned an offer from them meant a lot,” he said. “All I could do was smile and say thank you for the opportunity Coach Franklin and his staff were giving me. Other schools will see that one of the top programs in the entire country believe in what I can do on a football field, and it might make them start to believe too.”

Claiming the offer along with two teammates made it even more special.

“Schools believe that we have a very talented team, and what happened at Penn state shows that,” Robinson said.

He plans to return to campus for a solo visit “whenever I have the free time.” Expect Robinson to emerge among the Mid-Atlantic region’s premier offensive prospects as his career progresses.

DB Quinten Johnson
Johnson is likely to receive significant interest at receiver and defensive back during his recruitment. He anticipates spending time in the secondary as a college player, though an exact position remains uncertain.

“I see myself playing DB, I just don’t know where,” Johnson said. “I am comfortable to play anywhere they need me but as I start to communicate more with [Penn State] coaches I can get a better handle for where they see me.”

He departed Penn State with a tremendously-positive impression of the program and its leader.

“The experience was truly one of a kind,” he said. “Just being in the same room with a man with as much prestige as Coach Franklin is an honor. For him to respect me as a player and young man to extend me an offer is truly a blessing.”

Johnson is an active defender who does excellent work locating the ball and putting himself in position to create turnovers. Listed at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds, his size also warrants attention with two more years to grow before college enrollment.

Sherman praised Johnson’s tenacity while discussing Johnson and Robinson as older members of the St. John’s program.

“They work, they work, they work,” Sherman said. “They lead by example, don’t take days off and focus on mastering what they do. Those offers are well earned, and I’m just so happy for my teammates.”

Johnson expressed a similar sentiment.

“It definitely means more to get offered with my teammates because those are my guys and I want the same or more for them as I do for me,” he said. “I’ve seen the hard work and dedication they put into their craft.”

Like Robinson, Johnson views an opportunity to play for Penn State as a major personal development. North Carolina previously offered.

“PSU impacts my recruiting tremendously because they are arguably the best program in the history of college football,” he said. “So for them to express this much interest in me definitely tells other top programs that they should be doing the same.”

Johnson doesn’t have concrete plans for a return to Happy Valley, but “definitely” plans on heading back “in the near future.”

He followed the Friday camp with a visit to Ohio State.

DE Mekhail Sherman
Through just one high school football season, the verdict is already out regarding Sherman. This is an athletic specimen with an incredibly high ceiling.

“He is such a freakishly good athlete that when he steps on the field he is going to make a huge impact,” Johnson said.

Robinson echoed the adulation.

“He’s 6-3, 225 pounds, and runs a 4.6, maybe a high 4.5 [40-yard dash] as a freshman,” Robinson said. “He has all the athletic tools that college coaches love. He’s so young and has so much potential. That’s why all these schools are already recruiting him.”

Sherman primarily played outside linebacker as a freshman, though he also occasionally lined up at running back. Penn State linebackers coach Brent Pry kept a close eye on him Friday, and Sherman said that position is his probable landing spot in Happy Valley.

Sherman enjoyed his time with Franklin.

“He’s a really chill, cool coach,” Sherman said. “In the meeting, it was mostly jokes that helped ease me. When I first stepped in the office, I was quite nervous to be in the same room with him.”

After breaking the ice, focus shifted to his size and ability.

“If he had the chance, Coach Franklin said he would have me play [for Penn State] this year,” Sherman said.

The Nittany Lions already have welcomed him to campus multiple times. He attended the team’s Oct. 8 victory over Maryland last year, and returned earlier this year for a junior day event.

Sherman grows more fond of the program with each trip.

“The environment is amazing and I would love to play in [Beaver Stadium],” he said. “Fans keep the team encouraged even when it’s down. They never let up, and just keep on yelling ‘We Are. We Are.’ It’s a wonderful environment.”

Sherman, who hopes to return for a game this season, also pointed to an eye-opening experience with Pry as cause for increased excitement about Penn State.

“We only spent a short 45-minute practice together but I learned so much from Coach Pry,” he said. “I picked up so many tips. It was amazing.”

Sherman arrived on campus Friday already carrying offers from Maryland and North Carolina. He added another offer during the weekend while visiting Syracuse.

It wouldn’t surprise to see him suit up for his first game as a sophomore with a double-digit offer list. Sherman should be a blue-chip linebacker when recruiting rankings are revealed for the 2020 class.

“I can close down space in a hurry between the running back and me,” he said. “I would rate my pass coverage against tight ends or running backs as a 7 or 8 [out of 10]. Even though I’m getting these offers as a freshman, I need to stay humble and keep working.”

Robinson, who will spend the next two years working against Sherman throughout each practice, praised the immeasurable aspects of the young defender’s approach.

“He’s also a very smart player,” Robinson said. “He makes the right reads and attacks the football. He’s also relentless in his pursuit to the ball. He’ll be a great player for us this year. Once he fully understands everything 100 percent, he’ll be a beast on the field.”

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
3 teammates discuss experience of receiving Penn State offers at camp

Mekhail Sherman (center, left of James Franklin) was one of three St. John's College (Washington, D.C.) High School players to receive an offer Friday at Penn State.
Mekhail Sherman/Twitter
TD-Headshot_ovsrl5.jpg

Tyler Donohue
@TDsTake
Posted 9 hours ago

Penn State coach James Franklin extended scholarship offers to a trio of St. John’s College (Washington, D.C.) High School athletes Friday. Quinten Johnson, Keilan Robinson and Mekhail Sherman each officially became Nittany Lions targets while attending a camp in State College.

Robinson, a 2019 running back, received his offer on the field following a blazing 4.34-second 40-yard dash. Johnson, a defensive back and fellow rising junior, claimed his later in Franklin’s office.

Sherman, a 2020 linebacker, followed Johnson’s meeting with Franklin. He left as a rare priority prospect among prep players who’ve completed just one high school season.

Land of 10 caught up with all three teammates this weekend, learning more about their respective skills, how a Penn State offer impacts the recruiting process, and what it meant to share that experience together.

Here’s your introduction to each new Nittany Lions target, ordered by when they received their offers.

RB Keilan Robinson
The Nittany Lions staff didn’t hesitate when the 5-foot-9, 175-pound Robinson scorched Penn State turf Friday in the 40. He received an offer on the field where drills took place.

“They love my speed,” Robinson said. “Speed is a game changer, speed kills. They also love how versatile I am coming out of the backfield. I can run anywhere on the field, and I can catch the ball or sometimes line up in the slot.”

He worked under the direction of Penn State running backs coach Charles Huff, and proved he’s more than a sprinter.

“Coach Huff also stresses good hips,” Robinson said. “He loves running backs who have good hips and are able to avoid tackles. That’s one of the other things they like about me.”

Heading toward his junior campaign, he appears primed for a highly productive fall. Robinson made an impact in 2016, averaging 9.7 yards per carry, according to Sean Fitz of 247Sports.

He collected 487 yards on the ground in six games, adding 10 receptions and tallying 7 total touchdowns. Expectations have since mounted, something that becomes apparent when you speak with his teammates.

“In my opinion, Keilan is the best running back in the nation no matter the class,” Johnson said. “I know he will have a monster season this year and will be a Sunday [NFL] player.”

Robinson, who also holds offers from Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina and Rutgers, explained the importance of this latest collegiate opportunity.

Penn State is one of my top schools and to have finally earned an offer from them meant a lot,” he said. “All I could do was smile and say thank you for the opportunity Coach Franklin and his staff were giving me. Other schools will see that one of the top programs in the entire country believe in what I can do on a football field, and it might make them start to believe too.”

Claiming the offer along with two teammates made it even more special.

“Schools believe that we have a very talented team, and what happened at Penn state shows that,” Robinson said.

He plans to return to campus for a solo visit “whenever I have the free time.” Expect Robinson to emerge among the Mid-Atlantic region’s premier offensive prospects as his career progresses.

DB Quinten Johnson
Johnson is likely to receive significant interest at receiver and defensive back during his recruitment. He anticipates spending time in the secondary as a college player, though an exact position remains uncertain.

“I see myself playing DB, I just don’t know where,” Johnson said. “I am comfortable to play anywhere they need me but as I start to communicate more with [Penn State] coaches I can get a better handle for where they see me.”

He departed Penn State with a tremendously-positive impression of the program and its leader.

“The experience was truly one of a kind,” he said. “Just being in the same room with a man with as much prestige as Coach Franklin is an honor. For him to respect me as a player and young man to extend me an offer is truly a blessing.”

Johnson is an active defender who does excellent work locating the ball and putting himself in position to create turnovers. Listed at 5-foot-10, 185 pounds, his size also warrants attention with two more years to grow before college enrollment.

Sherman praised Johnson’s tenacity while discussing Johnson and Robinson as older members of the St. John’s program.

“They work, they work, they work,” Sherman said. “They lead by example, don’t take days off and focus on mastering what they do. Those offers are well earned, and I’m just so happy for my teammates.”

Johnson expressed a similar sentiment.

“It definitely means more to get offered with my teammates because those are my guys and I want the same or more for them as I do for me,” he said. “I’ve seen the hard work and dedication they put into their craft.”

Like Robinson, Johnson views an opportunity to play for Penn State as a major personal development. North Carolina previously offered.

“PSU impacts my recruiting tremendously because they are arguably the best program in the history of college football,” he said. “So for them to express this much interest in me definitely tells other top programs that they should be doing the same.”

Johnson doesn’t have concrete plans for a return to Happy Valley, but “definitely” plans on heading back “in the near future.”

He followed the Friday camp with a visit to Ohio State.

DE Mekhail Sherman
Through just one high school football season, the verdict is already out regarding Sherman. This is an athletic specimen with an incredibly high ceiling.

“He is such a freakishly good athlete that when he steps on the field he is going to make a huge impact,” Johnson said.

Robinson echoed the adulation.

“He’s 6-3, 225 pounds, and runs a 4.6, maybe a high 4.5 [40-yard dash] as a freshman,” Robinson said. “He has all the athletic tools that college coaches love. He’s so young and has so much potential. That’s why all these schools are already recruiting him.”

Sherman primarily played outside linebacker as a freshman, though he also occasionally lined up at running back. Penn State linebackers coach Brent Pry kept a close eye on him Friday, and Sherman said that position is his probable landing spot in Happy Valley.

Sherman enjoyed his time with Franklin.

“He’s a really chill, cool coach,” Sherman said. “In the meeting, it was mostly jokes that helped ease me. When I first stepped in the office, I was quite nervous to be in the same room with him.”

After breaking the ice, focus shifted to his size and ability.

“If he had the chance, Coach Franklin said he would have me play [for Penn State] this year,” Sherman said.

The Nittany Lions already have welcomed him to campus multiple times. He attended the team’s Oct. 8 victory over Maryland last year, and returned earlier this year for a junior day event.

Sherman grows more fond of the program with each trip.

“The environment is amazing and I would love to play in [Beaver Stadium],” he said. “Fans keep the team encouraged even when it’s down. They never let up, and just keep on yelling ‘We Are. We Are.’ It’s a wonderful environment.”

Sherman, who hopes to return for a game this season, also pointed to an eye-opening experience with Pry as cause for increased excitement about Penn State.

“We only spent a short 45-minute practice together but I learned so much from Coach Pry,” he said. “I picked up so many tips. It was amazing.”

Sherman arrived on campus Friday already carrying offers from Maryland and North Carolina. He added another offer during the weekend while visiting Syracuse.

It wouldn’t surprise to see him suit up for his first game as a sophomore with a double-digit offer list. Sherman should be a blue-chip linebacker when recruiting rankings are revealed for the 2020 class.

“I can close down space in a hurry between the running back and me,” he said. “I would rate my pass coverage against tight ends or running backs as a 7 or 8 [out of 10]. Even though I’m getting these offers as a freshman, I need to stay humble and keep working.”

Robinson, who will spend the next two years working against Sherman throughout each practice, praised the immeasurable aspects of the young defender’s approach.

“He’s also a very smart player,” Robinson said. “He makes the right reads and attacks the football. He’s also relentless in his pursuit to the ball. He’ll be a great player for us this year. Once he fully understands everything 100 percent, he’ll be a beast on the field.”
Was Shane Lee on campus with them?

Jordan Houston has picked up his second offer:

I think this is good news in that it helps validate him as a big time recruit as he is unranked because of his injury during his sophomore year. I hope he has a huge junior year.

Jordan Houston has picked up his second offer:

I think this is good news in that it helps validate him as a big time recruit as he is unranked because of his injury during his sophomore year. I hope he has a huge junior year.
Here is more information on him. HE RAN A 4.38 40!!!!!!!!!

2019 RB target Jordan Houston building momentum, will likely return to campus next month
Jordan Houston, a running back from Flint Hill School in Oakton, Va., was the focus of my lengthy feature story last month. After a dominant freshman season, he received a Penn State offer last July.

The son of a Penn State graduate and product of a family filled with ties to the school, it was a meaningful early achievement. A fractured left fibula suffered during his sophomore season opener essentially pressed “pause” on his recruitment process. The Nittany Lions offer remained his only college opportunity for nearly a year.

Things have changed this month as he’s hit the camp circuit. Houston continues to prove he’s back to full health and better than ever, landing recent offers from Boston College, Old Dominion and Tennessee.

He traveled to Ohio State on Saturday and registered a scintillating 40-yard dash (4.38 seconds). That’s especially impressive when you consider Houston is 2 inches taller and more than 20 pounds heavier than he was during his last full season on the field.

Jordan-Houston-1_izkgdv.jpg

Jordan Houston is primed for a big junior campaign after recovering from a leg injury. (The Hill School)
Land of 10 has learned that the Penn State staff is encouraging him to attend the annual “Lasch Bash” on July 15. Houston said he will “probably” attend the key mid-summer recruiting event.

His mother, Karen Houston, admits it would be amazing to see him in a Nittany Lions uniform.

“I remember how exciting those games were as a Penn State student even when I really didn’t know anyone on the field,” she said. “Honestly, I can’t put into words what it would be like to watch my son out there. It would be surreal.”

He rushed for 1,846 yards and 19 touchdowns in 10 games as a freshman. Houston set his 2017 comeback goal at 2,000 rushing yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT