ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

There is no actual news or rumors for a basis to this, but I just have this feeling we are going to get into the Darnell Wright race (maybe like my Devyn Ford feeling?). Offered in January, and as far as I know he’s not been to campus, but made his top 10. He was on team Elite at the opening with 6 eventual PSU commits. If they can get him to come to white out then maybe there will be something there. Definitely not yet, but just a feeling I have. Bama or Tennessee probably lead, he’s been to Bama, Tennessee, and Unc twice each.
Agree!

No. 28 recruit on Rivals, No. 1 APB

Penn State is in on so much talent this cycle and the last cycle, I really think if/when we have another 10+ win season this year, the flood gates are going to open!! CJF and his staff have been so good on the recruiting trail, it's so much fun to follow! I can't remember us being in so many "top 5's" with the elite athletes across the country!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Penn State is in on so much talent this cycle and the last cycle, I really think if/when we have another 10+ win season this year, the flood gates are going to open!! CJF and his staff have been so good on the recruiting trail, it's so much fun to follow! I can't remember us being in so many "top 5's" with the elite athletes across the country!
We need to keep winning ten games, but I think it’s getting into the playoffs that will signal our arrival into the top five programs overall.

We need to keep winning ten games, but I think it’s getting into the playoffs that will signal our arrival into the top five programs overall.

Your right, making the playoffs would take us to another level for sure! I just think if we can consistently stay in that 10 win column, the recruiting will take another step in the right direction, which will help us make the playoffs! But yea, I'll take a playoff season for sure!

Michigan again going the Pitt route in recruiting.

They going with a "turnover chain" or some dumb shit like that?

DkcLir1WwAAd6Ya.jpg

Michigan has received a commitment from Belleville (Mich.) defensive lineman Tyrece Woods.

He held additional offers from Cincinnati, Air Force, Fresno State, Temple and more. A strong student, he also held Ivy League opportunities from Dartmouth and Cornell. He held 13 scholarship offers in total prior to this commitment.

Woods was named Honorable Mention All-State Division 1-2 by The Detroit News last season. He is currently unranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Good points all. 10 win seasons are one key as is making the playoff's here and there. Obviously, the staff is doing well without a playoff berth, imagine when they make the playoffs or better, win it all!

When we achieve a complete balance of team dynamics across the entire roster our best recruiting years will ramp up since we won't have to overload one or another area and end up unbalanced and "out of whack" again. A balanced roster begets selective additions strategically with some spots reserved for opportunities that may present. Quite a change from 2012.

It is exciting to see the work being accomplished and the product on the field. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and can't believe it is only a few weeks away.

WE ARE

Michigan again going the Pitt route in recruiting.

Michigan has received a commitment from Belleville (Mich.) defensive lineman Tyrece Woods.

He held additional offers from Cincinnati, Air Force, Fresno State, Temple and more. A strong student, he also held Ivy League opportunities from Dartmouth and Cornell. He held 13 scholarship offers in total prior to this commitment.

Woods was named Honorable Mention All-State Division 1-2 by The Detroit News last season. He is currently unranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The problem isn’t that Harbaugh is lazy, the problem is he is frickin weirdo and the recruits are picking up on that.

There was an article posted here about a month ago from a top in State Michigan recruit who said the vibe and coaching staff at UM was flat out wierd.

The problem isn’t that Harbaugh is lazy, the problem is he is frickin weirdo and the recruits are picking up on that.

He runs a sloppy organization. They drop communication with important recruits regularly. Settle for lightly recruited guys. He better get it done with the group he has this year, because I could see a whole bunch of the Jr eligible defensive players they have going pro (Long, Hill, Gary, Bush). Don't think they have comparable talent lined up behind them.

He runs a sloppy organization. They drop communication with important recruits regularly. Settle for lightly recruited guys. He better get it done with the group he has this year, because I could see a whole bunch of the Jr eligible defensive players they have going pro (Long, Hill, Gary, Bush). Don't think they have comparable talent lined up behind them.
Sounds like Jaypa is their recruiting coordinator. Remember all the mixups and missed connections

Reactions: ELDADDY
I love the "our 2 stars are hidden gems" recruiting talk...

kjc3274

1 point·10 hours ago
Shall I list all of the highly-touted recruits that Michigan has signed over the past decade that didn't live up to the hype? Then I'll list all the 2-3 stars that blossomed.
Shall I start with Ryan Glasgow, who was a 2-star walk on and now plays in the NFL?
At the end of the day, these are guys that were evaluated personally and it's clear the coaching staff saw something they liked. Evaluating in person is always preferable to evaluating film.

Michigan Wolverines / West Georgia Wolves

wingman935
1 point·1 hour ago
You’re on the money dude. The stars next to the name are sexy and all, but they can be misleading. If our defensive coaches like a guy, then that’s enough for me.

Michigan Wolverines
Haurboss
11 points·10 hours ago
The best players in Michigan go to Michigan. Especially the 56th best

Michigan Wolverines
reshp2
3 points·8 hours ago
Harbaugh likes early camp offers, which often are contingent on keeping an upward trajectory. Sometimes kids don't continue to improve and, for better or worse, are strongly hinted to to look elsewhere. Other times, we get in on diamonds in the rough before they blow up.

vqGeMsr.gif

kjc3274

1 point·10 hours ago
Shall I list all of the highly-touted recruits that Michigan has signed over the past decade that didn't live up to the hype? Then I'll list all the 2-3 stars that blossomed.
Shall I start with Ryan Glasgow, who was a 2-star walk on and now plays in the NFL?
At the end of the day, these are guys that were evaluated personally and it's clear the coaching staff saw something they liked. Evaluating in person is always preferable to evaluating film.

wingman935
1 point·1 hour ago
You’re on the money dude. The stars next to the name are sexy and all, but they can be misleading. If our defensive coaches like a guy, then that’s enough for me.

Michigan Wolverines
Haurboss
11 points·10 hours ago

Michigan Wolverines
reshp2
3 points·8 hours ago
Harbaugh likes early camp offers, which often are contingent on keeping an upward trajectory. Sometimes kids don't continue to improve and, for better or worse, are strongly hinted to to look elsewhere. Other times, we get in on diamonds in the rough before they blow up.

vqGeMsr.gif
Yup - we’ve been there. Same arguments, same grasping at straws

kjc3274

1 point·10 hours ago

wingman935
1 point·1 hour ago

Michigan Wolverines
Haurboss
11 points·10 hours ago

Michigan Wolverines
reshp2
3 points·8 hours ago

vqGeMsr.gif

They sound just like pitt athletic supporters.

To Be or Not to Be a Buckeye, That's the Question for Local Phenom Zach Harrison

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-the-question-for-local-phenom-zach-harrison

On Penn State: "I like Coach [James] Franklin a lot. They've built a really good program, and I'm really close to some of the current [Penn State] commits in my recruiting class It's a close-knit team, and I can see that when I'm up there."

One of the National gurus (I believe it was Witfong) said about a month ago that if Penn State was in Columbus, Harrison would already be committed. FWIW

We sometimes forget how quickly perceptions can change, particularly when the target audience is 16-17 year old kids and their families. 3 or 4 years ago, Michigan football was hot -- return to glory, decorated alum with NFL experience and success at Stanford returning, etc. Now---they're falling behind others in the B1G East, can't beat tOSU, struggle with in-state MSU, coach seems loopy.

Hot school? not currently

Reactions: ftlpsu and 81b&w

kjc3274

1 point·10 hours ago

wingman935
1 point·1 hour ago

Michigan Wolverines
Haurboss
11 points·10 hours ago

Michigan Wolverines
reshp2
3 points·8 hours ago

vqGeMsr.gif

MARON407-RATIONALIZATION.gif

Some Ohio State fans on the 5* DE Zach Harrison article....

On Penn State: "I like Coach [James] Franklin a lot. They've built a really good program, and I'm really close to some of the current [Penn State] commits in my recruiting class It's a close-knit team, and I can see that when I'm up there."

Bd2999
18 HOURS AGO
Harrison is still split between the schools. It is a strange thing that he seems to have stronger relationships with the non-Ohio programs but a very strong relationship with Johnson. I do not know what happens with him but the stuff with Meyer does not help the cause at all.

OSUBias
18 HOURS AGO
I think losing him (Harrison) should and has been a valid concern even before this shitshow. He seems genuinely confused or unsure. And no matter how this gets resolved, it’s not a good look for the university, at least as public perception is shaping it. That will be a hurdle moving forward, I would think with a lot of recruits, even if Urbs is freed. It takes years to build a reputation and an instant to lose it, and while it might not be lost it’s taking a hit.

Huffdaddy
11 HOURS AGO
I'm smelling PSU. But we have a while to watch it play out.

JacksonOhio5
10 HOURS AGO
This is kinda what I'm sensing too, but we'll see how it plays out.

SivaDavis
58 MINUTES AGO
Everything people are saying about “don’t worry about these stupid articles and reports” are the same people who said it about Carman when he was flat out saying he has better relationships at other schools. I know Harrison and Carman are on the opposite ends of the spectrum because one was a primadonna and the other sounds like he hates the spotlight but I’ve learned to listen where the relationships are.

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/commits-from-florida-tackle-questions-facing-future-teams

The question:
What’s the key to Penn State’s recent high-level recruiting?

The answer: “Just because it’s different. When I first thought about Penn State, I said ‘Penn State? I’m not going there.’ When I got up there, that changed. When you see it, you see that it’s actually different. All these other schools all kind of run together, but Penn State is actually unique.” – Rivals100 Penn State wide receiver commit John Dunmore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT