ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Not even close to the same thing- pretty stupid comparison
Yeah lending your cars to recruits as a HC is a great idea. Then one getting DUI while it happens is probably a great career choice. Yet he landed on his feet because he can recruit after he was fired. My point since you seem a little slow is these coaches that can recruit have multiple lives. Try and follow along if that is possible.

Yeah lending your cars to recruits as a HC is a great idea. Then one getting DUI while it happens is probably a great career choice. Yet he landed on his feet because he can recruit after he was fired. My point since you seem a little slow is these coaches that can recruit have multiple lives. Try and follow along if that is possible.

The problem, oh sage one, is that you don't have the facts of the story correct. So try and follow along- It was Mike's sons car, being driven by Mike's son's childhood friend, who was not a recruit.

Yes he can recruit and there's different rules for different people in life. But using Locksley as an example when the other coach in question beat his pregnant wife is just plain stupid.

Now back to our thread

Reactions: stormingnorm
The problem, oh sage one, is that you don't have the facts of the story correct. So try and follow along- It was Mike's sons car, being driven by Mike's son's childhood friend, who was not a recruit.

Yes he can recruit and there's different rules for different people in life. But using Locksley as an example when the other coach in question beat his pregnant wife is just plain stupid.

Now back to our thread

Article to back that up?

Now back to our thread

The only person Locksley ever beat was an asst coach, and then there was that sexual harassment case. He's no saint.

It appears to be a young family friend who was driving the car who got a DUI. He claimed to be a recruit but wasnt.

Reactions: ChiTownLion

Now back to our thread

https://athlonsports.com/columns/national-notebook/mike-locksley-worst-coach-ever

I forgot about the choking an assistant coach.....and back to my point oh slow one.....Locksley still has a job because he can RECRUIT. Bama doesn't need him to survive, but Saban still hired him. That was my point and the same will hold true in a few years if OSU's WR coach is an elite recruiter. Thanks for chiming in, but my point was pretty basic....he'll get another shot in a few years if some DB coach needs a recruiter. Disagree...fine, call me out in 3-4 years if he has no job coaching anywhere.

Hopefully you're done now.

Locksley is a DC guy who played at Towson in Baltimore. He is a big name in the AA communities in both of those cities and thus he recruits those area exceptionally well. Was he a good coach, most say no as he wasn't a great X and O guy and not much of a disciplinarian. But as mentioned above, when you can recruit good athletes even bad coaches will get hired.

I saw something just now that I thought was interesting. CJF appears to be the model of consistency when comparing the 2019 class to last year's 2018 class. Here's what I saw:

2018 (2) 5* (16) 4* (4) 3*
23 total/3.83 avg/5th best final ranking

2019 (1) 5* (8) 4* (3) 3*
12 total/3.83 avg/????

At the halfway point 2019 looks very similar to 2018.

I saw something just now that I thought was interesting. CJF appears to be the model of consistency when comparing the 2019 class to last year's 2018 class. Here's what I saw:

2018 (2) 5* (16) 4* (4) 3*
23 total/3.83 avg/5th best final ranking

2019 (1) 5* (8) 4* (3) 3*
12 total/3.83 avg/????

At the halfway point 2019 looks very similar to 2018.

He's not getting better! He must be getting worse! :eek:

Reactions: Sviatoslav
Glad we got Wormley but he’s not getting much respect from 247. They have him ranked as a 3star recruit and the 646th best player, while Composite has him 284 and Rivals has him just outside the top 100.
Usually our beef is with Rivals and their constant under recognition of PSU recruits lol

Locksley is a DC guy who played at Towson in Baltimore. He is a big name in the AA communities in both of those cities and thus he recruits those area exceptionally well. Was he a good coach, most say no as he wasn't a great X and O guy and not much of a disciplinarian. But as mentioned above, when you can recruit good athletes even bad coaches will get hired.

Agree, but as a coordinator? There was (at least) one reason Gattis moved to Bama.

https://athlonsports.com/columns/national-notebook/mike-locksley-worst-coach-ever

I forgot about the choking an assistant coach.....and back to my point oh slow one.....Locksley still has a job because he can RECRUIT. Bama doesn't need him to survive, but Saban still hired him. That was my point and the same will hold true in a few years if OSU's WR coach is an elite recruiter. Thanks for chiming in, but my point was pretty basic....he'll get another shot in a few years if some DB coach needs a recruiter. Disagree...fine, call me out in 3-4 years if he has no job coaching anywhere.

Hopefully you're done now.

You're slaying that poor straw man. No one is arguing elite recruiters don't get new jobs. It was, and still is, stupid to use Locksley as an example when the other coach is accused of beating and intimidating women, including pregnant ones.

I can't explain it to you any simpler than that

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Glad we got Wormley but he’s not getting much respect from 247. They have him ranked as a 3star recruit and the 646th best player, while Composite has him 284 and Rivals has him just outside the top 100.
Usually our beef is with Rivals and their constant under recognition of PSU recruits lol

Why do you care? Funny, he was good enough for 247 to bump PSU's class up 2 positions with his commitment. The services are all over the map on many players. Explain to me what Yahoo or 247, etc actually do to rank players. Do all players participate in the same number of 7 on 7 camps? No, is the answer. Many give way too much credit for the accuracy of all these prognostications.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
You're slaying that poor straw man. No one is arguing elite recruiters don't get new jobs. It was, and still is, stupid to use Locksley as an example when the other coach is accused of beating and intimidating women, including pregnant ones.

I can't explain it to you any simpler than that
I really made a very simple point to Ranger Dan about him finding a new job....you took it elsewhere somehow for no real GD reason at all, just to be a douche I guess. Get over it.

Last edited:
Why do you care? Funny, he was good enough for 247 to bump PSU's class up 2 positions with his commitment. The services are all over the map on many players. Explain to me what Yahoo or 247, etc actually do to rank players. Do all players participate in the same number of 7 on 7 camps? No, is the answer. Many give way too much credit for the accuracy of all these prognostications.

Exactly! Jack Ham was just scrawny looking kid who maybe might be able to play D-1 football.

Boy! Could he ever play D-1 college football.

Probably just had a cup of coffee in the NFL.

:eek::eek::eek:

Please, please, tell me again who those 3 might be!??!

:);););):)
Johnson Jr’s announcement is in a week, and unless something changes it looks like he’s ours. I’d guess that Whigan and one of Franks/Rouse are the other two who could pull the trigger - if for no other reason than to lock in their spots in the class.

Johnson Jr’s announcement is in a week, and unless something changes it looks like he’s ours. I’d guess that Whigan and one of Franks/Rouse are the other two who could pull the trigger - if for no other reason than to lock in their spots in the class.

Walter Rouse just retweeted BigLeem’s verbal to Penn State. CBs show Rouse to Stanford. Was a long shot, but recently visited PSU. If he verballed, would be a nice addition to the OL, from one of the elite prep schools in D.C., Sidwell Friends.

Last edited:
Walter Rouse just retweeted BigLeem’s verbal to Penn State. CBs show Rouse to Stanford. Was a long shot, but recently visited PSU. If he verballed, would be a nice addition to the OL, from one of the elite prep schools in D.C., Sidwell Friends.

Almost seems like Rouse and Franks are interchangeable at this point. Both are mid level 3* guys. Both are already massive HS OTs. Both are from great private schools in the DMV. Both have offers from outstanding academic institutions. Have to think it’s whomever jumps first ....

Reactions: TheGLOV and T J
Almost seems like Rouse and Franks are interchangeable at this point. Both are mid level 3* guys. Both are already massive HS OTs. Both are from great private schools in the DMV. Both have offers from outstanding academic institutions. Have to think it’s whomever jumps first ....
Yeah...I think PSU is done with OT's after this weekend. Whigan and the first one in. Small targeted group for 19 outside of the current commits. I'd like to see one other DT make a solid move towards PSU this weekend.

Interesting how almost all of the OL commits/targets have Ivy League or equivalent type offers.

Reactions: TheGLOV and 81b&w
Looking at the current roster and who will be on it going into 2020, we really do need 2 OT's in this class. We are loaded on the OL inside, but with Asiedu out, only Fries, Gellerstedt, Holmes, Walker and possibly Effner look like OT's for 2020. Whigan (3 to play 2, i.e. eligibility potentially through 2021) and one of Rouse and Franks would do it.

Wonder if CJF has been pushing to get a visit from Keegan .....

Rouse has a significantly better offer sheet. They both seem like great students, but Rouse has a slew of heavy hitters on his list. Has a four star offer list and a three star rating.

Looking at the current roster and who will be on it going into 2020, we really do need 2 OT's in this class. We are loaded on the OL inside, but with Asiedu out, only Fries, Gellerstedt, Holmes, Walker and possibly Effner look like OT's for 2020. Whigan (3 to play 2, i.e. eligibility potentially through 2021) and one of Rouse and Franks would do it.

Wonder if CJF has been pushing to get a visit from Keegan .....
He’ll take two in 2019, but 2020 is where this is remedied blue chip wise. Parks and Harrison bookend tackles both top 120 recruits. Having a guy like Franks or even Rouse can help in many ways, so either are welcome additions.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Yeah...I think PSU is done with OT's after this weekend. Whigan and the first one in. Small targeted group for 19 outside of the current commits. I'd like to see one other DT make a solid move towards PSU this weekend.

Whigan is insisting he wants to take more visits. Would love for that to go down this weekend, but seems unlikely.

Whigan is insisting he wants to take more visits. Would love for that to go down this weekend, but seems unlikely.
I'm just spit balling, but sometimes if you really want a good seat and you see them filling up...you tend to take that seat quicker than you had anticipated. It only takes one OT commitment to force the hand of the others. Maybe it stretches out, but with the OG situation worked out, I think they'll tell the OT's up there...only so much time to jump onboard.

Because he's a JUCO his schedule makes it more difficult to visit schools. Based on the new NCAA visit period and his team's schedule, I saw he wouldn't be able to take any visits until after his season is over or sometime much later in the year.

He’ll take two in 2019, but 2020 is where this is remedied blue chip wise. Parks and Harrison bookend tackles both top 120 recruits. Having a guy like Franks or even Rouse can help in many ways, so either are welcome additions.

Yep, he needs 2 in 2019, and there are some quality OT's that CJF seems to be courting and making progress with for 2020. But this time last year it looked like CJF was making progress for some top talent OT's for the 2019 class, such as Dobbs, Truss, and Carroll, and early on with Olmstead. So the moral of the story is that it's not over until the ink is dry. There will be hits and misses. But right now for 2019, especially now that Asiedu is out of football, CJF needs two big OLinemen that can play OT, and pretty much 2 more in every class thereafter........

Looks like the 2 for 2019 may be resolved before too long. Jonathon Allen, OT from Dayton, visiting this weekend, and the LB coming up. With Whigan reportedly wanting to take visits late in the cycle he may not find a spot at PSU......

Last edited:
I see on twitter that Noah Cain is visiting with parents this weekend. Is this considered news?
Noah's parents have been scheduled to visit without Noah since Noah had a high school function he had to attend. So if Noah is now coming with his parents that would be news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT