ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

It's not just a lack of communication. Notre Dame changed their plans 5 Days after he committed. In this day and age of instant communication, they knew of his commitment for 5 days and then decided to pull the offer.
I guess this is why Franklin's assistants are not allowed to take verbal commitments. Recruits must contact Franklin.

Wormley, Whigan, Johnson and Isaac should all be ours by August 1. That leaves 5 spots?
1RB
1 OL
1 DL
And then I think it becomes best available for the last two.

Wormley, Whigan, and Johnson Jr, I can see committing by August 1st, specially Johnson Jr and Wormley with their commitment dates set, but I didn't think Issac was close to deciding. I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I thought I read he wanted to visit a couple more schools first.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wormley, Whigan, and Johnson Jr, I can see committing by August 1st, specially Johnson Jr and Wormley with their commitment dates set, but I didn't think Issac was close to deciding. I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I thought I read he wanted to visit a couple more schools first.
If we get Isaac that may mean we aren't getting Harrison... if that matters

I think PSU and USC will be in a fight for Whigan. A Rivals USC insider says Whigan has high interest in USC and would like to play in the SEC.

I think PSU and USC will be in a fight for Whigan. A Rivals USC insider says Whigan has high interest in USC and would like to play in the SEC.
You do realize that your post makes no sense. Wants to play in SEC but down to two teams that do not play in SEC. And both are no where near geography of SEC.

I guess what maybe you are trying to say is that he probably isn't interested in PSU. He is interested in USC, but would prefer to play for a team in the SEC.

You do realize that your post makes no sense. Wants to play in SEC but down to two teams that do not play in SEC. And both are no where near geography of SEC.

I guess what maybe you are trying to say is that he probably isn't interested in PSU. He is interested in USC, but would prefer to play for a team in the SEC.

Maybe he means the University of South Carolina....

Over on 247, Fitz posted a Big Board update. No information from it, obviously, but the picture on the article is of Isaac. And the first reply in the boards is this gif:
28b68d04506a0e60aa7d994f9f8e8d71.gif

So, you could assume that it is good news.

Also, in one of the unblocked replies someone speculated on what a 20 man class would look like and in addition to the 11 we have included: Jonhnson Jr, Young, Bell, Miamen, Wormley, Whigan, Rouse, Harrison-Hunte, and Isaac. No Cine.

I guess I should have spelled out University of South Carolina. As far as being down to two teams, I would not count Maryland in the mix unless it becomes a safety net for him.

Here is the quote:

"The other two offensive linemen South Carolina has been focused on are Lackawanna C.C. three-star tackle Anthony Whigan and Nokesville (Va.) Patriot three-star offensive guard Jakai Moore. The primary competition for both is Penn State. One source I spoke with on Wednesday said Whigan has expressed a strong desire to play in the SEC, and that the Gamecocks could be in better shape with the 6-foot-5, 290 pounder than many people think "

Well, honestly I don't care what conference USC is in, I just want him to pick PSU when it comes time to choose! Does anyone know how many OL commitments USC has, doesn't Moore have interest in USC also? Hopefully they fill up at OL and we can pull both of them!lol

I guess I should have spelled out University of South Carolina. As far as being down to two teams, I would not count Maryland in the mix unless it becomes a safety net for him.

Here is the quote:

"The other two offensive linemen South Carolina has been focused on are Lackawanna C.C. three-star tackle Anthony Whigan and Nokesville (Va.) Patriot three-star offensive guard Jakai Moore. The primary competition for both is Penn State. One source I spoke with on Wednesday said Whigan has expressed a strong desire to play in the SEC, and that the Gamecocks could be in better shape with the 6-foot-5, 290 pounder than many people think "

Didn't see this till after I already posted my question. So they do both have interest to go down south, does South Carolina have any OL commitments?

Here is the quote:

Whigan will be back at PSU for the Lasch Bash. Maybe we get some good news then.

The "immediate impact" was their words. I guess the implication is immediate PT.

I guess it gets harder to keep pulling top talent at a position that is becoming 3 deep. We're becoming so deep on our O-Line the competition has to be intense! So I guess as a recruit you have to ask yourself, do you want to have a good chance of starting on a tean that will more than likely not play for a championship, or do you want to work hard to try and make a spot on the line for a team that has a good chance of playing in 2 championship games, even if it's a 2nd or 3rd string spot! That has to be tough for the staff to sell! But I have faith CJF and his staff will make it happen, they always do!

I guess it gets harder to keep pulling top talent at a position that is becoming 3 deep. We're becoming so deep on our O-Line the competition has to be intense! So I guess as a recruit you have to ask yourself, do you want to have a good chance of starting on a tean that will more than likely not play for a championship, or do you want to work hard to try and make a spot on the line for a team that has a good chance of playing in 2 championship games, even if it's a 2nd or 3rd string spot! That has to be tough for the staff to sell! But I have faith CJF and his staff will make it happen, they always do!
It’s not crazy to think Gonzalez, Bates and McGovern all leave after this year. Whigan will likely compete for playing time next year and depending on who leaves, may end up starting.

That must be why so many recruits spurn Alabama for opportunities at Purdue and Kentucky....

I never understood this logic, maybe it applies a little to JC guys because they have less time left but in general they want to go to a good program with great coaching and make it to the next level.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
Over on 247, Fitz posted a Big Board update. No information from it, obviously, but the picture on the article is of Isaac. And the first reply in the boards is this gif:

Also, in one of the unblocked replies someone speculated on what a 20 man class would look like and in addition to the 11 we have included: Jonhnson Jr, Young, Bell, Miamen, Wormley, Whigan, Rouse, Harrison-Hunte, and Isaac. No Cine.

It was just his opinion. It is as valid as yours or mine.

They would all go in the top 4 rounds
I would think only Bates would go in the first four rounds next year with Gonzo and McGovern probably UFAs. Plus Olinemen rarely turn pro early unless they’re a first or second round pick. So yeah that is more than a little crazy.

It’s not crazy to think Gonzalez, Bates and McGovern all leave after this year. Whigan will likely compete for playing time next year and depending on who leaves, may end up starting.

Yea, I wasn't thinking about people leaving for the league, and I keep forgetting Whigan is a JUNCO recruit, so it's different for him. I doubt all 3 will go, but I think Bates is probable, and if they have a great season, maybe the other two. And as far as the logic of my thinking, I was more just saying it has to get a little harder to sell. Maybe not for UA or OSU, but for us I think the depth they have created probably makes it harder to sell. Kids want to play, and we're becoming stacked at these positions.

Is it me or is that an underwhelming finish? I would guess this staff pulls out better

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
I would think only Bates would go in the first four rounds next year with Gonzo and McGovern probably UFAs. Plus Olinemen rarely turn pro early unless they’re a first or second round pick. So yeah that is more than a little crazy.

I’ve seen an early mock that had McGovern going first round, but it wasn’t from one of the bigger outlets. Hope they all have monster seasons and decide to stay anyway

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Gonzo is much better than fans give him credit for. He’s not great in space, but he is very good in pass protection and inside run blocking. Because of his size and strength He is basically impossible to bull rush which is important for a guard.

Yea, I wasn't thinking about people leaving for the league, and I keep forgetting Whigan is a JUNCO recruit, so it's different for him. I doubt all 3 will go, but I think Bates is probable, and if they have a great season, maybe the other two. And as far as the logic of my thinking, I was more just saying it has to get a little harder to sell. Maybe not for UA or OSU, but for us I think the depth they have created probably makes it harder to sell. Kids want to play, and we're becoming stacked at these positions.
Nearly every mock has McGovern as a first rounder already. Let’s not get bogged down in this here. Recruits come to a good program regardless of opportunity

It's you! Franklin and his staff has recruited well each and every year here compared to what Penn State did in the past. Don't worry and give this staff credit.

What Alabama has done is an anomaly in comparison to the beginning of the 85 scholarship rule. 7 straight #1 recruiting classes, all the National titles. Closest comparison would be Miami's run from the 80s to mid 90s. Ironically, sanctions followed such success.

Ohio State's run is very similar to Florida State's run from '89-'01. Always near the top, seem to drop a game that keeps them out of the title picture, but have a title under their belt.

We are currently recruiting at a very high level. Our game with OSU is going to decide the Big10 east 8 of 10 years going forward at the current clip.

Reactions: ELDADDY and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT