ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

How can anyone say with a straight face say that he's the #708 ranked recruit when he has Offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Miami, LSU, and Penn State ....

one thing i noticed about MJjr ranking

on the 247 Composite he is the 219 rated player
on the 247 only ranking he is the 703 rated player

not sure Ive ever seen that big of a difference for a recruit

no big deal, just something i noticed. really hope we land him!

How can anyone say with a straight face say that he's the #708 ranked recruit when he has Offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Miami, LSU, and Penn State ....

Because they are the 708th ranked room in a room full of idiots. Seriously, who gives a shit. The young man has talent, coachability and smarts.... I cannot say that for the fat ping pong players turned football recruiting gurus overnight one day. You never know what you get from a self proclaimed Guru until you have seen him use his Golden Parachute. After watching this young man on film. I want him in Blue and White and I don't care if 247 has him unranked.

Reactions: ELDADDY and TheGLOV
Why do people pull their hair out about a prospect’s rating - over and over? Who gives a shit? Check the offer sheet like Judge and many of us have advised - over and over.
I trust the evaluations of the PSU coaching staff and I think this has been the proven standard.....as we have seen lightly regarded individuals rocket to 5 star status, talent that CJF has detected with early offers.
However, I am somewhat skeptical of offer sheets as well. Are they commit able?Who verifies that a recruit has received offers from those schools? Just curious.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I trust the evaluations of the PSU coaching staff and I think this has been the proven standard.....as we have seen lightly regarded individuals rocket to 5 star status, talent that CJF has detected with early offers.
However, I am somewhat skeptical of offer sheets as well. Are they commit able?Who verifies that a recruit has received offers from those schools? Just curious.

A series of electronic Ouija boards in a server in Russia made of defective parts made in China that were ordered through a fake Ebay account and even though the buyers checked not thru Pay Pal.... the order went through PayPal so the Phuckers at EBay and Paypal screwed the buyers of the Ouija boards so they can't get their money back. Those Ouija boards are the ones that verify the offers.

Greg Pickel does not have insider information. So you have to take his predictions with a grain of salt. His predictions are just based off his opinion, which are sometimes baseless. And that's fine, because his opinions are Free.

The recruitniks here value opinions of Sean Fitz, Steve Whiltfong, etc because it's their job to have inside sources and find out where a recruit may possible go. And that's why we have to pay $$ for their opinions.

But to use Andre White and Lance Dixon as examples is more of a virtue of luck rather than he knew insider information. I doubt Pickel (who lives in PA) predicted Lance Dixon to PSU before Allen Trieu who covers the midwest, has insider sources close to Dixon, and was following Lance Dixon's recruitment closely for 247sports did. He was covering Lance Dixon closer than anyone.

Personally I've always been good with Pickel. He predicted Andre White to elsewhere and Lance Dixon to PSU many months before anyone said the same about either prospect. David Jones, on the other hand...

If we land MJ Jr, 9 of our 12 2019 verbals will have Ohio State offers.

THAT’S WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST.
giphy.gif

I hope like hell we land MJ, the #6 Dual-Threat QB in the country. But, the Buckeyes have already landed the #2 DT QB in the country for 2019 (Mathis) and the #3 DT QB in the country for 2020 (Miller).

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST!

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
https://www.ydr.com/story/sports/co...despite-smaller-class-top-5-rivals/768876002/

While Penn State has only 11 verbal commitments in this cycle and a smaller class size than usual overall, it still boasts a Top Five per capita player value. The Lions possess the No. 3 average "star" rating nationally, according to Rivals.com.

So their 2019 class — which doesn't officially close until early February — owns the best per-player ranking behind only Florida State and Georgia, according to Rivals. 247Sports ranks Penn State's class as No. 4 in player value. (“That’s what we are up against.”)

The Lions have a nearly identical star rating as Alabama, which owns the nation's top overall class because of its 20 early verbal commitments.

Next up for the Lions may be four-star Delaware guard Saleem Wormley and Oregon four-star quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. Both expect to announce their commitments in the next three weeks.

Last edited:
I hope like hell we land MJ, the #6 Dual-Threat QB in the country. But, the Buckeyes have already landed the #2 DT QB in the country for 2019 (Mathis) and the #3 DT QB in the country for 2020 (Miller).

He's ours. Miami and FSU boards know he's coming to PSU.

Reactions: ELDADDY and TheGLOV

Are you trying to say their coaching sucks as they had to get lucky at home in the last 2 minutes to win with such a huge recruiting gap that is closing each year. If so, you have been spot on. I mean I still think they have good coaches, but you must really think they suck badly.

I would not want to be in a foxhole with you. You would wet your pants and run at the first sign of the enemy.

The past 4 games with OSU have been very competitive (yes I'm counting 2015 because it was closer than the score indicated and there was the obligatory eff Penn State TD negating holding penalty).
OSU has always recruited that way, yet we are even with them.
We have just begun recruiting that way.
That is what they are up against.

Last edited:

Mathis offer list is crap. Toledo, Akron, Kentucky, Iowa State, Oregon, Pitt, etc.

Not close to MJ Jr.

The past 4 games with OSU have been very competitive (yes I'm counting 2015 because it was closer than the score indicated and there was the obligatory eff Penn State TD negating holding penalty).
OSU has always recruited that way, yet we are even with them.
We have just begun recruiting that way.
That is what they are up against.
If it weren't for 2 fluke special teams plays we would have won 3 of the last 4.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...updated-Top247-recruiting-rankings-119759294/

The latest 247Sports recruiting rankings are out, and Penn State linebacker commit Brandon Smith is among the notable risers. The 6-foot-4, 228-pound rising senior was already highly-regarded by the service, checking in at 33rd overall nationally, but he was bumped to No. 17 overall and gained five-star status. Smith is one of 18 five-stars in the latest installment of rankings.

247Sports’ Barton Simmons said that Smith’s tape and frame fit the profile of a five-star linebacker.

“This move is really based on film and traits than any single camp performance,” he said. “Smith just feels like a can’t miss prospect because of the God-given length, verified athleticism and the ability to strike and play downhill as a 6-4 linebacker.”

Mathis offer list is crap. Toledo, Akron, Kentucky, Iowa State, Oregon, Pitt, etc.

Not close to MJ Jr.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hope the hell we get MJ. That would be two top QB's for this class, and they would both compete together.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...updated-Top247-recruiting-rankings-119759294/

The latest 247Sports recruiting rankings are out, and Penn State linebacker commit Brandon Smith is among the notable risers. The 6-foot-4, 228-pound rising senior was already highly-regarded by the service, checking in at 33rd overall nationally, but he was bumped to No. 17 overall and gained five-star status. Smith is one of 18 five-stars in the latest installment of rankings.

247Sports’ Barton Simmons said that Smith’s tape and frame fit the profile of a five-star linebacker.

“This move is really based on film and traits than any single camp performance,” he said. “Smith just feels like a can’t miss prospect because of the God-given length, verified athleticism and the ability to strike and play downhill as a 6-4 linebacker.”
I hope not listing Isaac under targets is just him forgetting to include him.

Possible updated remaining targets:

1. Zach Harrison
2. Lewis Cine - slip sliding away,...………..
3. John Dunmore - PSU
4. Adisa Isaac
5. Saleem Wormley
6. Steven Faucheux - (Mystery recruit that nobody has heard much about)
7. Jakai Moore
8. Jared Harrison-Hunte (why are we losing ground here to OSU?)
9. Noah Cain
10. Trevor Keegan - chances: 'slim and none' with 'none' being way ahead.
11. David Ojabo - Michigan
12. Jayden Daniels
13. Michael Johnson, Jr.
14. Aaron Young. - Pa. kid with great potential. Definite RS should he choose PSU.
15. Walter Rouse
16. Anthony Whigen
17. David Bell

Last edited:

1. Zach Harrison
3. John Dunmore - PSU
4. Adisa Isaac
5. Saleem Wormley
7. Jakai Moore
9. Noah Cain
12. Jayden Daniels
13. Michael Johnson, Jr.
14. Aaron Young. - Pa. kid with great potential. Definite RS should he choose PSU.
15. Walter Rouse
16. Anthony Whigen
17. Lukas Unger
I think Lukas Ungar is class of 2020

1. Zach Harrison
3. John Dunmore - PSU
4. Adisa Isaac
5. Saleem Wormley
7. Jakai Moore
9. Noah Cain
12. Jayden Daniels
13. Michael Johnson, Jr.
15. Walter Rouse
16. Anthony Whigen
17. David Bell
Wormley, Whigan, Johnson and Isaac should all be ours by August 1. That leaves 5 spots?
1RB
1 OL
1 DL
And then I think it becomes best available for the last two.

Wormley, Whigan, Johnson and Isaac should all be ours by August 1. That leaves 5 spots?
1RB
1 OL
1 DL
And then I think it becomes best available for the last two.

Probably yes; I agree.

But, there is always that SURPRISE out there that nobody seen coming except the coaching staff and half of them end up being pleasantly surprised.

In other recruiting news, Notre Dame just pulled the offer from a four star WR who committed to them a few days ago. Brian Kelly is the gift that keeps on giving.
I’m not a ND fan, but there must be a good reason if they are pulling the offer, right?

I’m not a ND fan, but there must be a good reason if they are pulling the offer, right?

The position coached accepted the commitment, but Brian Kelly pulled the offer. He failed to communicate that they were basically done at WR after receiving an earlier commitment.

Lack of communication and it is embarrassing. The recruit handled it well.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
It's not just a lack of communication. Notre Dame changed their plans 5 Days after he committed. In this day and age of instant communication, they knew of his commitment for 5 days and then decided to pull the offer.

The position coached accepted the commitment, but Brian Kelly pulled the offer. He failed to communicate that they were basically done at WR after receiving an earlier commitment.

Lack of communication and it is embarrassing. The recruit handled it well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT