ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

OSU had their last visit with Walker in 2017, the #7 OT in the country. When they realized he was going to PSU, they went out and landed Petit-Frere the "#1 OT" in the country. And, they did it in a matter of days just before LOI.

No one questions how well we have done against OSU with recruits with the same offers. But, the reason we got Miranda from Ohio is because the Buckeyes didn't offer him. They went out and got better OL.

This is what we are up against.......
Why don’t you go up to Columbus and kiss Urban’s ass!!!! This is what your up against

A friendly reminder that this is a thread to discuss PSU's recruiting of 2019 prospects. I understand that folks can, at times, get diverted on a subject related to PSU recruiting of 2019 prospects. However, those should be limited to a post or two.

Please keep my reminder in mind when making posts in this thread.

You tell'em Tom!

Far be it from me to ever intentionally derail a thread or post sir.

What's this world coming to??

Some of the comments here were, to say the least, a little cheekie!!

A friendly reminder that this is a thread to discuss PSU's recruiting of 2019 prospects. I understand that folks can, at times, get diverted on a subject related to PSU recruiting of 2019 prospects. However, those should be limited to a post or two.

Please keep my reminder in mind when making posts in this thread.
I see that worked Tom. ;)

I see that worked Tom. ;)

Another "cheekie" response canuckhal!

bad boy!!

hot-usc-trojans-sosng-girls.jpeg

I do recall, a lil while back, how we flipped this 3-star RB from Rutgers to us.

He did alright. (Just ask the N.Y. Giants)

You recall wrong since Barkley was a 4 star with a rating of .9459 according to 247 which made him
PSU's highest rated recruit in 2015. All I did was question the CB and you guys are acting like
I am questioning Franklin's judgement. Learn to read.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Shareef Miller had almost identical stats as Gary as a soph. 11.5 tfl, 5.5 sacks in probably half the snaps.

I have not seen that much of Gary's play at UM, but I believe that Gary would be a DT if he had come to PSU, although if Gary stays under 300lbs he may be a DE in a 3-4 D in the NFL. He seems like a different type of athlete and DL player than Miller. Gary was listed at 6'5", 281 last year, so he may already be on his way to playing some DT at UM. So I see that comparison as a little cloudy..... as Miller looks like a true DE in the PSU 4-3 and may be destined for a tryout as a LB in the NFL....

Last edited:
Reactions: ELDADDY
OSU had their last visit with Walker in 2017, the #7 OT in the country. When they realized he was going to PSU, they went out and landed Petit-Frere the "#1 OT" in the country. And, they did it in a matter of days just before LOI.

No one questions how well we have done against OSU with recruits with the same offers. But, the reason we got Miranda from Ohio is because the Buckeyes didn't offer him. They went out and got better OL.

This is what we are up against.......

I hate us.

To put it into a bit of perspective.... OSU had 284 (to PSU’s 166) this spring.
I doubt if that means OSU is nearly twice as “academic” as PSU. :). What DOES it mean? Who knows, but not much.

It is what it is.

Certainly, there are plenty of “scholar athletes” at every BigTen University - no doubt .... but these “Academic All Conference” lists have - in many respects - been degraded to taking on the meaning of participation trophies...... and probably do a disservice to truly outstanding “scholar athletes”
But every AD and ICA dept just loves to be able to jabber about all of their “scholars”.

As impressive as those numbers sound, they have become - in the Big Ten anyway - for the most part, simply a matter of “how many sports do you have”.
And a rather silly “brag wall banner”.
(FWIW, in relative terms, PSU has been falling further down the ladder vav it’s BigTen brethren - - - but so long as they can claim “we have more than we did before”, it obscures the truth from most fans and backers. C’est La Vie)

Despite all of the “records” claimed by PSU, not only are they far below many of their colleagues, but - in the case of OSU - Penn State ..... despite “setting records” LMAO ...... has more “all academics” than OSU (as just one example) in just 2 of the 20 counted sports.
Sumptin’ don’t add up there Charlie Brown :) . Alas.

The full list was published in May. For those who may want to see which PSUers made the lists, it is here:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...-18/misc_non_event/SpAcademicAll-BigTen18.pdf
Just as Terrelle Pryor was an Academic All Big Ten. This is why Joe was against NCAA-mandated graduation rates.

You recall wrong since Barkley was a 4 star with a rating of .9459 according to 247 which made him
PSU's highest rated recruit in 2015. All I did was question the CB and you guys are acting like
I am questioning Franklin's judgement. Learn to read.

NO. Barkley ended up a 4 * with a .94 rating. He was not even the top ranked RB in Pa when he committed to RU.

NO. Barkley ended up a 4 * with a .94 rating. He was not even the top ranked RB in Pa when he committed to RU.

Robinson probably was. But Barkley committed to Rutgers very early. I believe it was in 2013 and may have been prior to his junior season. His stock rose and he flipped in February of 2014, still early in the recruiting cycle.

Robinson probably was. But Barkley committed to Rutgers very early. I believe it was in 2013 and may have been prior to his junior season. His stock rose and he flipped in February of 2014, still early in the recruiting cycle.
That’s correct. Robinson was higher ranked than Barkley through most of the recruiting process until Barkley opened some eyes with his athleticism at the Opening and during his senior year. Robinson was putting up big numbers as a freshman and sophomore when Barkley was playing JV, so it made sense at the time to have him ranked higher than Barkley.

I must have missed it, but can someone tell me where Robinson ended up with his transfer? Assuming he's still playing, had a nose for the goal line!

He's not playing this upcoming season. Maybe taking a year off or just done playing the game, which would be a shame.

Saw Mark Allen was hanging out with him over the weekend.

Last edited:
He's not playing this upcoming season. Maybe taking a year off or just done playing the game, which would be a shame.

Saw Mark Allen was hanging out with him over the weekend.
Would be a shame, cause he's talented! Thanks for your response.

Everyone forgets about Josh Adams, the other 4* RB from PA that year that committed to Notre Dame after Barkley and Robinson committed to us. We were leading for him before Barkley and Robinson committed.

Imagine a world where Adams and Robinson would have committed first to PSU. And we'd have no space for Barkley...

Everyone forgets about Josh Adams, the other 4* RB from PA that year that committed to Notre Dame after Barkley and Robinson committed to us. We were leading for him before Barkley and Robinson committed.

Imagine a world where Adams and Robinson would have committed first to PSU. And we'd have no space for Barkley...
IIRC, Adams was recruited as a LB, maybe S.

IIRC, Adams was recruited as a LB, maybe S.
Believe Adams was recruited as a RB (or maybe an athlete) until Robinson and Barkley committed to PSU. We still left the door open for him at LB after that, but it was funny seeing all those ND fanboys on twitter trying to argue Adams > Barkley.

Reactions: ejb25
For what it is worth, Adams is now out of college football.

Glad he chose ND.
He declared early and signed as

Glad he chose ND.
True but it didn’t have anything to do with ability or lack of success. He had a very good year last year but then again I could have put up decent numbers behind ND’s OL. He declared early for this year’s draft and was picked up by the Eagles as an undrafted free agent while 2 ND OL went in the 1st round. That tells you all you really need to know

Adams had a knee in High School I believe. He would have made a great "hero" at PSU!

Actually, I believe Adams offer to PSU was to play LB. But what does any of this have to do with the 2019 recruiting class???

Nothing......

Last edited:

Glad he chose ND.

Which Adams are you talking about? David or Josh? Both went to Notre Dame. Both are "out" of college football. Josh is "out" of college football because he went to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT