ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Remember when OSU landed one of the top OG in the country from Texas, and the following year, they landed another top OG from CA. They even let the #7 OG in the country from "Ohio" go to Oklahoma. They didn't need Miranda. That is what we are up against with trying to keep pace with the Buckeyes.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Remember when OSU landed one of the top OG in the country from Texas, and the following year, they landed another top OG from CA. They even let the #7 OG in the country from "Ohio" go to Oklahoma. They didn't need Miranda. That is what we are up against with trying to keep pace with the Buckeyes.

You mean do I remember the last 5 times you've posted basically the same exact thing? Then yes, I do remember.

A few years back, UM let the #10 rated OG in the country go to OK, and the kid (Dalton) was from Troy, Ohio. That was because UM had the old silent verbal from the #1 OG, and the kid is from Texas. This is the kind of roll he is on with recruiting. Can you imagine having an OL rated that high from your home state and not even offer him. That is what we are up against!

It will be tough to out recruit him. In addition to locking up his talent rich state of Ohio, he has been getting top players (rated #1) from CA, TX, FL, GA etc. Bama took the center (Kelly) 4-5 years ago from Ohio since Urban didn't even offer him. Kelly was a 1st rd NFL pick. Then, he didn't take the #7 rated OG in the country from Ohio who went to OK since Urban got the #1 rated OG out of Texas. That's what we are up against.

I know JF will be non-stop in his recruiting efforts.

Was it the OSU 2015 or 2016 OL class that washed out? Honestly, I dont worry about JF and recruiting and I'm very confident he will catch up with Urban and his recruiting efforts.

You mean do I remember the last 5 times you've posted basically the same exact thing? Then yes, I do remember.

Others don't have the memory you have, nor do they have that much "time on their hands." Just trying to help those who believe Miranda is the next

For those of you that believe Miranda is the next David DeCastro, and I certainly hope he is, but has never played a down, we will find out soon enough how good our OL recruiting is compared to the Buckeyes!

When you measure dick by the pound, that's some SERIOUS dessert!!! :eek:

You prefer your dick by the pound? Here's your man:
dickpound.jpg

Others don't have the memory you have, nor do they have that much "time on their hands." Just trying to help those who believe Miranda is the next

For those of you that believe Miranda is the next David DeCastro, and I certainly hope he is, but has never played a down, we will find out soon enough how good our OL recruiting is compared to the Buckeyes!

If you keep posting the same thing every couple months, they don't need much of a memory. Come up with something new next time.

"That is what we are up against."

A few years back, a OG named Dalton from Ohio was rated #7 in the country and the Buckeyes never offered him. Can you imagine PSU, not offering a PA OL rated #7???
Dalton finished the year rated #10 and committed to Oklahoma.

The reason OSU never offered him, they went out and got the "#2 rated OG" from Texas, a kid named Knox. That is what we are up against with both OSU and Mich when it comes to recruiting. OSU is killing it again this year, so we have a ways to go in order to be competitive. Say what you want about Urban, but the guy can recruit and coach!

Do I need to again go through all the players Penn State has landed with Ohio State offers the last two classes? We aren’t up against anything, we are keeping pace with the Buckeyes.

PSU verbals with OSU offers, 2018 and 2019 classes

Micah Parsons
PJ Mustipher
Zach Kuntz
Jesse Luketa
Pat Freiermuth
Rasheed Walker
Justin Shorter
Ricky Slade
Jason Oweh
Juice Scruggs
Jahan Dotson
Aeneas Hawkins

Brandon Smith
Devyn Ford
Hakeem Beamon
Taquan Roberson
Marquis Wilson
Tyler Rudolph
Lance Dixon
John Dunmore

Agree Gary's tape was awesome (but not as good as Clowney's - which was terrifying) and he dominated at his HS All-Star game. Agree we contained Gary well last year, but I believe he was playing on an injured ankle. May have effected him quite a bit, though I heard no such excuses. Wish he was a Nittany Lion. Gary, and the entire Wolverine team, will be a very big challenge as the experience comparison flipped from our favor to theirs this year (As did home filed advantage).

Shareef Miller had almost identical stats as Gary as a soph. 11.5 tfl, 5.5 sacks in probably half the snaps.

If you keep posting the same thing every couple months, they don't need much of a memory. Come up with something new next time.

"That is what we are up against."

OSU had their last visit with Walker in 2017, the #7 OT in the country. When they realized he was going to PSU, they went out and landed Petit-Frere the "#1 OT" in the country. And, they did it in a matter of days just before LOI.

No one questions how well we have done against OSU with recruits with the same offers. But, the reason we got Miranda from Ohio is because the Buckeyes didn't offer him. They went out and got better OL.

This is what we are up against.......

OSU had their last visit with Walker in 2017, the #7 OT in the country. When they realized he was going to PSU, they went out and landed Petit-Frere the "#1 OT" in the country. And, they did it in a matter of days just before LOI.

No one questions how well we have done against OSU with recruits with the same offers. But, the reason we got Miranda from Ohio is because the Buckeyes didn't offer him. They went out and got better OL.

You have no idea if they got a better OL.....

PSU20 is sounding more and more like an OSU troll.

Evan Petzold put in a CB for Harrison to Michigan. I’m sure it’s $$ information but I’m surprised Wiltfong’s headline mentioned Harrison hanging out with PSU commits the most, yet all the buzz has been UM in every interview since then, and now his first CB there.
Maybe he has known the penn State commits the longest...

Sunshine is here!

OSU’s starting left tackle is a soph who had like 8 snaps last year. He’ll see what he is up against on 3rd down with 111k roaring and Shaka Toney in a four point stance off his left shoulder.

PSU20 is sounding more and more like an OSU troll.

Just stating the facts, son. How have Sorrell, "Stanko", and Gellerstedt done at PSU. Three Ohio kids that the Buckeyes didn't want, along with Rodas Johnson this year who lives about 2 miles from the Shoe. We are going after him, but the Buckeyes are going after other OL.

Bury these facts like an old dinosaur bone so you can dig them up in the future!

Just stating the facts, son. How have Sorrell, "Stanko", and Gellerstedt done at PSU. Three Ohio kids that the Buckeyes didn't want, along with Rodas Johnson this year who lives about 2 miles from the Shoe. We are going after him, but the Buckeyes are going after other OL.

Bury these facts like an old dinosaur bone so you can dig them up in the future!

Ohio gives Mississippi a run as the worst state.

Thanks OSU20!

So what's your point? Should we not recruit them? Forefit the next four OSU games? Post the same thing over and over?

Non-OSU Ohio guys:

I think Gellerstedt can actually be a decent to good player, still lots of time and his size is intriguing; Sorrell was during the sanction era as was Stanko and Sorrell had to give it up due to injury, who knows how he would have been? Big Gerald Cadogan was from Portsmouth and did not have the "all important" OSU offer and Gerald had a fine career at PS and contributed to the 2008 team that won the B1G.

A friendly reminder that this is a thread to discuss PSU's recruiting of 2019 prospects. I understand that folks can, at times, get diverted on a subject related to PSU recruiting of 2019 prospects. However, those should be limited to a post or two.

Please keep my reminder in mind when making posts in this thread.

Let me see if I have this right. OSU was targeting the #7 OT in the country. Weren't going to get him so adjusted their sites on #1. Why weren't they focusing on #1 in the first place? Could it be that........ Nah, talking to you is like rasslin wid pigs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT