ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

No clue what this means. I quoted Glov when I asked the question. It was obviously a question directed at his post. Are there other views that don't show my post attached to the quoted post?

Old style of seeing each post to a thread. You're a newby, it's ok.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Possible updated remaining targets:

1. Zach Harrison
2. Lewis Cine - slip sliding away,...………..
3. John Dunmore - PSU
4. Adisa Isaac
5. Saleem Wormley
6. Steven Faucheux - (Mystery recruit that nobody has heard much about)
7. Jakai Moore
8. Jared Harrison-Hunte (why are we losing ground here to OSU?)
9. Noah Cain
10. Trevor Keegan - chances: 'slim and none' with 'none' being way ahead.
11. David Ojabo - Michigan
12. Jayden Daniels
13. Michael Johnson, Jr.
14. Aaron Young. - Pa. kid with great potential. Definite RS should he choose PSU.
15. Walter Rouse

16. Anthony Whigen

Question (1) folks: So what is the date that 5. Wormely is announcing? And Michael Johnson, Jr. is announcing 8/1 correct? Feel free to post the dates of anybody else. Thank you! If I missed it, my apologies.

Question (2) There was a ton of wind, piss, and excitement over the possibility of Noah Cain visiting recently and announcing for PSU. Then, it was made public that he would not be visiting but not due to any lack of interest but another matter. So, where exact do we stand with Noah Cain?? Anybody really have good intel on this?

Reactions: burnsie1983
Even if he does, can he and the family stand the intense pressure from Urbie & Co.? And the rath of spurned OSU fans after his P maturity SU announcement???

Why couldn't he? He has more brains and maturity than 90% of the posters in this thread. He is smart enough to know Urbie is one small step above Horribaugh, and light years below James Franklin in everyway that matters.

Question (2) There was a ton of wind, piss, and excitement over the possibility of Noah Cain visiting recently and announcing for PSU. Then, it was made public that he would not be visiting but not due to any lack of interest but another matter. So, where exact do we stand with Noah Cain?? Anybody really have good intel on this?​
He has an event with his high school team that he cant miss or something like that. He cant come anymore, BUT his parents and family are traveling up here without him because they want to see it for themselves. That one isn't even close to over yet. He can realistically end up at 5 different schools right now, including PSU.

Reactions: HunterHemsley
Question (2) There was a ton of wind, piss, and excitement over the possibility of Noah Cain visiting recently and announcing for PSU. Then, it was made public that he would not be visiting but not due to any lack of interest but another matter. So, where exact do we stand with Noah Cain?? Anybody really have good intel on this?​
He has an event with his high school team that he cant miss or something like that. He cant come anymore, BUT his parents and family are traveling up here without him because they want to see it for themselves. That one isn't even close to over yet. He can realistically end up at 5 different schools right now, including PSU.

Penn State CBs for Michael Johnson Jr continue to flow in. Ton of them.

Offers from everyone: Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Florida, Florida St, Auburn, Miami, etc.

11660.jpg

Latest batch of Keystone kickoff podcasts have Pickel reversing his “less than 5% chance” MJ Jr take without explanation.

I guess my pet peeve is illogical pessimism in the face of evidence indicating the opposite outcome is likely. Or negativity with no evidence either way. My favorite example of that is David Jones writing how McSorley’s “pop gun arm” would hold back the Penn State offense because he can’t stretch the field. Trace then proceeds to LEAD THE NATION in yards per completion. That’s epic stupidity in action.

Only at Penn State do we have beat writers that insult the players they are covering like that.

THEY LANDED A HIGHER RANKED OFFENSIVE LINEMAN!

This is our concern, dude.
We land a #4 OT from Ohio, Urban lands a #2 from Idaho!!!!!!!

Listen, I’ve replied to your posts!! You still don’t get it do you! You land an Ohio Recruit and he’ll find someone else - someone better!!!!! That’s what he does!!! That’s all he does!!! You can’t stop him!!!! That is what we’re up against!!!!

Latest batch of Keystone kickoff podcasts have Pickel reversing his “less than 5% chance” MJ Jr take without explanation.

I guess my pet peeve is illogical pessimism in the face of evidence indicating the opposite outcome is likely. Or negativity with no evidence either way. My favorite example of that is David Jones writing how McSorley’s “pop gun arm” would hold back the Penn State offense because he can’t stretch the field. Trace then proceeds to LEAD THE NATION in yards per completion. That’s epic stupidity in action.

Hopefully one of these days David Jones will end up going to Davy Jones’ Locker.

I agree with you. Greg Pickel gives his illogical pessimism a lot. I can't stand it either.

Only at Penn State do we have beat writers that insult the players they are covering like that.

Judge, I had forgotten about the Jones article, thanks for the reminder.

Dave Jones is a dick. A year ago he did an article about how the Sixers should not draft Fultz. I responded with some positive comments from people that knew Fultz. Last week, a year later, Jones responds to the post, and basically says "what do you think now".......

So I responded by providing cut and paste of his November 2015 and Dec.21015 articles where he said PSU was no where close to being on the same playing field as OSU, MSU, and UM. He mentioned how Harbaugh is a big time coach and they are "serious dudes". He also said at the time that PSU would struggle to find a new OC and there were going to flounder.

He did not respond to me.

Dave Jones is a dick. A year ago he did an article about how the Sixers should not draft Fultz. I responded with some positive comments from people that knew Fultz. Last week, a year later, Jones responds to the post, and basically says "what do you think now".......

So I responded by providing cut and paste of his November 2015 and Dec.21015 articles where he said PSU was no where close to being on the same playing field as OSU, MSU, and UM. He mentioned how Harbaugh is a big time coach and they are "serious dudes". He also said at the time that PSU would struggle to find a new OC and there were going to flounder.

:D

I wrote an email to Pickel's boss at Keystone Sports Network about the illogical pessimism. Pickel is often wrong, baselessly and sometimes flying in the face of actual facts... Last year, after all of the CB's came in for big Nana to PSU, Pickel stated that he couldn't see any way we would win that battle over Clemson. He, like David Jones, never corrects himself or addresses his ill-fated predictions instead choosing only to double down as evidenced by their latest series of Articles and podcast regarding Alabama and Penn State recruiting battles and how once Alabama gets involved PSU really has no chance. I no longer click on anything from PennLive. I just don't understand the animas PennLive has towards Penn State football and their fans

Gap between Penn State and Big Ten East's heavyweights is a canyon and not narrowing soon
By David Jones | djones@pennlive.com
on November 28, 2015

EAST LANSING, Mich. - Everyone's so enamored with using metrics and numbers to judge everything these days. But it's not that complicated to assess the chasm between the top three teams in the Big Ten's East division and the fourth-place one.

Anyone with eyeballs and memories and cable TV can do it. It's the space between a McLaren and a Ferrari and a Lambo racing three abreast down a desert highway and somewhere back there a Hyundai Elantra.

The Elantra is a dependable, affordable car. I own two. But it does not belong in a competition with supercars. And that's about what James Franklin is up against here.

But talent and flash and hyperbolic rhetoric are not going to get you by the giants that are Ohio State and Michigan led by master-level coaches Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh. And this team that drilled Penn State on Saturday beat them both.

There is a quality going on in all three programs that can only be defined as gravitas. These are serious shops run by serious people.

Gap between DAVID JONES'S EARS is a canyon and not narrowing soon
By David Jones | djones@pennlive.com
on November 28, 2015

EAST LANSING, Mich. - Everyone's so enamored with using metrics and numbers to judge everything these days. But it's not that complicated to assess the chasm between the top three teams in the Big Ten's East division and the fourth-place one.

Anyone with eyeballs and memories and cable TV can do it. It's the space between a McLaren and a Ferrari and a Lambo racing three abreast down a desert highway and somewhere back there a Hyundai Elantra.

The Elantra is a dependable, affordable car. I own two. But it does not belong in a competition with supercars. And that's about what James Franklin is up against here.

But talent and flash and hyperbolic rhetoric are not going to get you by the giants that are Ohio State and Michigan led by master-level coaches Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh. And this team that drilled Penn State on Saturday beat them both.

There is a quality going on in all three programs that can only be defined as gravitas. These are serious shops run by serious people.

Fixed it for ya.

I really appreciate the measured response to the reporters who continually take a crap on their customer base... No wonder this has persisted for years

Many of the folks on this Board (especially the folks who only show up in the "Psych Ward" Gameday threads on a Saturday) were saying the same things..... so, FWIW, Jones had a lot of company. :)
have to agree, for the most part, in Nov 2015. On that date, PSU was 7-5 and just got pasted by Sparty 55-16. Also, that point was probably the abyss with regard to sanctions. Thank God for #26 as a true freshmen that year because we would have had a loosing record in all probability. If not blame it on talent, blame it on coaching? that would have gone over just as badly. Donovan was fired right after that game and Moorhead was a nobody coaching at a tiny school

Having said that, Jones could have made similar statements in a much more positive light. His body of work is always really, really negative. So he doesn't have any credibility, IMHO.

Hahahaha! Pepperidge Farm remembers

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT