ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NFL combine thread

So on target does not mean accurately
Got it. (/ means and ,or. one or the other)
Keep moving the goal posts
It means that he didn't have enough arm to get the ball to where it was supposed to be, AND when it was supposed to be there, you simpleton. If you chose to make a poor interpretation, followed by a faulty assumption, then that's your problem.

Fine, you win, if it will shut you up: Trace was one of the fastest QBs in history, and every throw was perfect. He will definitely get drafted, but really they should just skip right to inducting him into the Hall of Fame.

It means that he didn't have enough arm to get the ball to where it was supposed to be, AND when it was supposed to be there, you simpleton. If you chose to make a poor interpretation, followed by a faulty assumption, then that's your problem.

Fine, you win, if it will shut you up: Trace was one of the fastest QBs in history, and every throw was perfect. He will definitely get drafted, but really they should just skip right to inducting him into the Hall of Fame.
then use the word AND and not a slash you simpleton. I didnt make a poor interpretation you simpleton, you didnt express yourself accurately. I never said every throw was perfect, I said 17/18 hit the receivers hands. You are the guy making an evaluation, I never did. So make your evaluation. You want to be the Buck Brannaman of QBers so go ahead, I'll wait.

then use the word AND and not a slash you simpleton. I didnt make a poor interpretation you simpleton, you didnt express yourself accurately. I never said every throw was perfect, I said 17/18 hit the receivers hands. You are the guy making an evaluation, I never did. So make your evaluation. You want to be the Buck Brannaman of QBers so go ahead, I'll wait.

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/slash.html

Also use the slash to replace the word and when joining two nouns. By replacing and with a slash, you suggest that there is equal importance in both options listed. Use these replacements in moderation to place greater emphasis where and may not do so, as well as to avoid confusing the reader. You can also do the same for or, as in his/her.[23] However, you should not use the slash to separate independent clauses.
  • Here are examples of how to use and how not to use a slash in this way:

CORRECT:
    "The student and part-time employee has very little free time."
    "The student/part-time employee has very little free time."

INCORRECT:
    "Do you want to go to the grocery store, or would you prefer to go to the mall?"
    "Do you want to go to the grocery store / would you prefer to go to the mall?"

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/slash.html

Also use the slash to replace the word and when joining two nouns. By replacing and with a slash, you suggest that there is equal importance in both options listed. Use these replacements in moderation to place greater emphasis where and may not do so, as well as to avoid confusing the reader. You can also do the same for or, as in his/her.[23] However, you should not use the slash to separate independent clauses.

• Here are examples of how to use and how not to use a slash in this way:

CORRECT:
      "The student and part-time employee has very little free time."
      "The student/part-time employee has very little free time."

INCORRECT:
      "Do you want to go to the grocery store, or would you prefer to go to the mall?"
      "Do you want to go to the grocery store / would you prefer to go to the mall?"
well thanks for the edumacation. But really Buck, why not just use &? FTR then, how many did Haskins have on time and on target.

I wonder whether McSorley would be willing and/or able to play ST's? I'm not sure he is fast enough to be a gunner. Size is a little bit of a concern, too. He is just so darned productive. The Edelman comparisons are fair. Hogan, too, I think. There is something to be said for having a Swiss Army Knife type of guy. The Pats have done wonders with those kinds of guys.

I just watched TM's Combine highlights (link above in prior post). Let's not forget that he has to adjust to these receivers on the fly that he has no practice with at all, I'm guessing.

So that's not the easiest to do to judge their speed / speed coming out of cuts / when their heads turn, etc. That's why most of the Top QB's wait to throw at the (scripted) pro days with receivers they know.

Weird question for those of you who may know about this... The kid who had the 1.6% body fat, is that even possible without drugs/diuretics?? And if so, is he actually healthy? I swear I remember Harry Groves saying something in our weight training class 20+ years ago that anything under 3% body fat was unrealistic as the body needed a certain percent to actually function properly.

wow...looks like Iowa lost a ton of talent.
91qE.gif

The thing about drafting QBs: somebody has to believe in you. Somebody has to think, "this guy is worth a roster spot for 2 years" before pulling the trigger.

I'm confident he ends up on a squad, but I honestly don't have a projection of whether he's drafted or UFA. Somebody else mentioned it, but I could see a Cleveland or a Baltimore bringing him in because he fits the mold behind the incumbent QBs. (Even if he doesn't have Baker's arm or Lamar's height)
The actual fact is that there isn't really any "buzz" about TM coming out of the combine. I thought the back up to a similar skill set made sense, but checked with a pretty reliable source and there hasn't been any discussions (overheard) about that. There is still time and a "pro day" so who knows? If I had to make a judgement now, I would say TM is an undrafted free agent or he goes CFL.....AAF route to open some eyes. If Trace's goal was to make the NFL at any position.....I think several teams would be willing to gamble ( a little) on his athleticism and grit.

Reactions: djr4rebs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT