ADVERTISEMENT

2019 B1G Championship Session 3 Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance, as I'll be busy Sunday morning.

Please use it to discuss anything having to do with Session 3. If responding to other posts, please use the Quote function.

My expectation is to be available to do PBP for Session 3. However, I'm going to be cutting it really close, and since PSU has wrestlers in the consolation semis at 133, 141, and 149 (the early bouts), I may miss the consolation semis for PBP. I'll post something when I'm in the thread. If I haven't posted that I'm in, I hope others can step forward and provide some info for those that don't have BTN+ or FloPro, and can't listen to Ironhead's audio stream.

Time:
Wrestling is slated to begin at 1 pm EST

TV:
None

Video Streaming:
Those that have a BTN+ subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a FloPro subscription should be able to stream the action on their computer.

Those that have a BTN+ subscription, but can't sit at their computer, should be able to watch the action on their SmartPhone, or other portable device via BTN2Go

Radio Streaming:
Byers' radio BPB coverage will be streamed for free, starting at 12:40 am EST, at this link:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=248

Team Scoring:
In general, the best place to follow the team score is the Penn State Wrestling Club web site, at:

https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/

Mat Assignments:
FloArena has mat assignments. TrackWrestling has mat assignments on their Dashboard. Penn State Wrestling's twitter account (@pennstateWREST) also tweets out mat assignments.

Looking ahead, Session 4 (finals, and 3rd place and 5th place matches) is slated to begin at 4 pm EST on Sunday. The video streaming should be the same for all sessions. The audio streaming should be similar, with coverage starting 20 minutes before the start of the Session, though the last digit of the link may change for each Session. The BTN will show Session 4 on TV.

Here's who PSUers will be wrestling on Sunday:
133 Consolation Semis: RBY vs. Austin DeSanto (Iowa)
141 Consolation Semis: Nick Lee vs. Tristan Moran (Wisconsin)
149 Consolation Semis: Brady Berge vs. Cole Martin (Wisconsin)
157 Final: Jason Nolf vs. Tyler Berger (Nebraska)
165 Final: Vincenzo Joseph vs. Alex Marinelli (Iowa)
174 Final: Mark Hall vs. Myles Amine (Michigan)
184 Final: Shakur Rasheed vs. Myles Martin (Ohio State)
197 Final: Bo Nickal vs. Kollin Moore (Ohio State)
285 Final: Anthony Cassar vs. Gable Steveson (Minnesota)

Lots of intrigue and drama with Sunday's matches:

RBY vs. DeSanto: Let the fireworks fly (and the flreflies work)
Lee vs. Moran: Will (dual meet) vengeance be thine?
Berge vs. Martin: Ditto
Nolf vs. Berger: Time to silence the trash talker

Joseph vs. Marinelli: Whose #1? (and whose hips are heavier?)
Hall vs. Amine: Redux, rinse, and repeat the always-taut matchup
Rasheed vs. Martin: Can Goliath be slayed (or cradled)?
Nickal vs. Moore: Will the cradle rock again?
Cassar vs. Steveson: Upstart Wunderkid vs. Seasoned Raptor

Ha.,..and drinking a beer? or two?
Haha.. Yes... This was me in Berlin Germany with loads of beer.....until the session that started at 1am....then i just watched.

BTN2Go on laptop, arena on iPad, personal iPhone streaming Byers and work iPhone messaging....headphones on.

That was me at the end of a bar....and a guy thought I wanted to chat for more than a minute about college basketball. lol.

Did anyone else have issues with the radio streaming today?
no issues once I finally connected/got it. Seemed like it couldn't be found on both my phone and PC but finally popped up and worked seamlessly. My issues were the broadcast as one of the 'screens' would freeze up or a message would come up saying I "exceeded my limit". I take that to the number of streams and I'm not sure what the cause. Anyone else?

Reactions: V Mobile
no issues once I finally connected/got it. Seemed like it couldn't be found on both my phone and PC but finally popped up and worked seamlessly. My issues were the broadcast as one of the 'screens' would freeze up or a message would come up saying I "exceeded my limit". I take that to the number of streams and I'm not sure what the cause. Anyone else?
Yes, me too. I would sign back into Flo, stream all 4 mats and it would work until it happened again in about an hour. I would also get one screen freezing up, but would hit the plus minus key and was able to get it working again. All in all, it is a great feature! We are...

Reactions: V Mobile
Yes, me too. I would sign back into Flo, stream all 4 mats and it would work until it happened again in about an hour. I would also get one screen freezing up, but would hit the plus minus key and was able to get it working again. All in all, it is a great feature! We are...
Of course listening to JB on my iPhone was always great. He is awesome!!!

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
that makes me think it could be a RAM issue or something on my end... I had a lot of stuff open

So everyone...what is Cassar's gameplan to defeat Steveson? CANNOT wait for this match!

Come on Ant!!!!!!!!
I think Cassar needs to shoot and be aggressive and not wait like he did with White (OSU) at scuffle finals. Steveson needs to be pushed for seven minutes and hopefully Cassar ends up with more single and double leg take downs. It's going to be a great match! I can't wait!

I think Cassar needs to shoot and be aggressive and not wait like he did with White (OSU) at scuffle finals. Steveson needs to be pushed for seven minutes and hopefully Cassar ends up with more single and double leg take downs. It's going to be a great match! I can't wait!

Exactly; same recipe to beat White. Steveson looked sluggish yesterday. I haven’t seen Steveson wrestle enough, but I’ll take Cassar’s pace and motor over anyone in the field.

I like it. Keep pushing the pace and maybe wear him down by the third.

WE ARE!!!

Yesterday ......
I had the PIAA finals streaming on Flo
Had flo arena cranking
had the Large 10 streaming on Flo
had trackwrestling cranking
JB broadcast streaming on WRSC

God Bless America!

Willie should get you on a Flo commercial :)

Reactions: Dogwelder
Lots of great wrestling today...enjoy!! Intrigue @ 133, RBY vs DeSanto, @ 141 and 149 (our guys wrestling kids they lost to at the dual), @ 184 (can Shak give Martin a run?), @ 197 Bo vs Moore rematch, and @ 285 Cassar vs the super frosh.

So everyone...what is Cassar's gameplan to defeat Steveson? CANNOT wait for this match!

Come on Ant!!!!!!!!
Since Caesar won’t be allowed to build two walls around Steveson, he’ll probably use the basic Veni Vidi Vici. That should do the trick.

Reactions: danoftw
that makes me think it could be a RAM issue or something on my end... I had a lot of stuff open

I was getting the same thing as I had the 4 matches on my laptop and then the Apple TV with the main match (could only show 1 on Apple TV) and then my phone with flo brackets and upcoming matches etc..

I think Flo is trying to stop people from sharing their passwords etc rather than a RAM issue...

championship will be live on the big ten network and not on flo, correct? i'm going to get a free trial on hula hoop channel.

125- I think Lee finds a way. Rivera has been very impressive however.
133- Suriano in a boring controlled match. RBY and AD will have twice the action. Sucks Micic is out.
141- McKenna
149- Jordan is looking good
157- I will thoroughly enjoy Nolf's destruction of Berger
165- Marinelli WBF feet to back on a failed inside trip from VJ
174- Hall by a few
184- Martin by a few
197- Nickal by penny
HVY Gable wins 3-2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT