ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

It was linked properly earlier and even quoted (with link) before including the copy/pasted text, but hey, if you want to be an A$$ about every little detail, your well on your way!©

OK. we'll just clutter up threads with double posts.

Ask TOS about copying and pasting articles policy after they were called on it.

Sorry you're too lazy to click a link. May I suggest a gym membership??

Hey, if you want to be an ass about it, you're well on the way!!!

Very early look into the 2018 class

https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/very-early-look-into-the-2018-class/

2018.png

Above is a very very early glance at some of the names in the 2018 class to keep an eye on. Penn State is off to a great start in 2018 with verbal commitments from 5-star defensive end, Micah Parsons and IMG Academy’s Chris Bleich. I compiled the list with 2018 recruits who already have a Penn State offer and ones that I believe Penn State has a very good chance at gaining their commitment down the road.

Quarterback – Phil Jurkovec: I believe that Penn State will remain towards the top of Jurkovec’s choices due to being the home state team and State College being less than 2.5 hours east from his home. Phil is rated as the #1 dual-threat quarterback in the country and fits perfectly into the mold of the “new” Penn State quarterback with his athleticism and can make plays with his feet in addition to his arm. Other teams to keep an eye on with Phil would be Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Wide Receiver – Shaquon Anderson-Butts: Of the 3 receivers listed, I like Penn State’s chances of gaining Shaquon’s talents the best. Shaquon is current teammates with 2017 Penn State commit, Damion Barber at Harrisburg High and is also good friends with 2018 commit, Micah Parsons.

Wide Receiver – Jahan Dotson: Dotson has made the recent decision to transfer from Nazareth to the Peddie School in New Jersey and will begin suiting up in Highstown, NJ this coming fall. Penn State was one of the early offers for Dotson, and in recent weeks big time offer after big time offer became coming his way. As many more offers will stack up for Jahan, I believe that Penn State will remain pushing hard for the speedy receiver until the very end.

Wide Receiver – Darryle Simmons: Simmons is out of St. Joseph’s Prep in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. St. Joe’s Prep may sound familiar as current Nittany Lion star cornerback, John Reid and top running back target in the 2017 class, D’Andre Swift both attended or are currently at St. Joe’s. Simmons has made a few visits to Happy Valley in 2016. One back in February for Junior Day, and Darrlye was also in attendance for the Blue White game in April.

I like Penn State to land the commitment of 2 of the 3 above. At the moment, my predictions would be Shaquon Anderson-Butts and Darryle Simmons.

Tight End – Zack Kuntz: Zack is the younger brother of 2 former Nittany Lions (Brandon and Christian), and many will say that Zack is the best of the athletic family, as he is arguably the top ranked tight end in the country for 2018. We all know that Penn State is one of the top legacy schools in the country, meaning that Penn State football is in a lot of current and former player’s bloodlines. For this reason as well as Penn State being a little over an hour down the road, I believe Penn State will have a very good chance at having Zack call Happy Valley home in the future.

Running Back – Ricky Slade: Ricky is one of the top running backs in the country for the 2018 class out of Virginia, and is Penn State’s top priority at running back for this recruiting cycle. Ricky has made quite a few visits to Happy Valley this year and seems to building a good relationship with the coaching staff.

Safety – Kwantel Raines: Kwantel is out of Aliquippa, PA and is really starting to blow up with offers coming in. Kwantel reminds me a lot of Penn State’s current safety, Marcus Allen. He is lanky (6’3) and not afraid to come up and lay a hit. I think Raines would fit well into Pry’s scheme on the defensive side of the ball and time will tell if Coach Terry Smith could pull another one out of Western PA.

Safety – Isheem Young: Isheem is another 2018 recruit out of the Philadelphia area. Isheem is currently at Imhotep Charter, which is the same school as 2016 commit, Shaka Toney. Young’s offers have also began blowing up at a national level as of late, and I believe that Florida State may be the favorite as of now. Being an instate kid, you have to think Penn State will have a chance til the end.

Safety – Isaiah Humphries: Isaiah is the son of former Penn State defensive back, Leonard Humphries who suited up for the Nittany Lions back in the late 80’s/early 90’s and was then drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in 1992. Again, with the tradition of Penn State legacies, you have to think Penn State will have a chance with Isaiah. The location may be the only concern to land Humphries talents, as he is from Sachse, Texas and has already began receiving offers and visiting schools such as Oklahoma and Texas. Will be interesting to see if Penn State can get an on campus visit from Isaiah.

Linebacker – Matthew Bauer: Matthew is an outside linebacker from Erie, Pennsylvania and is currently attending Erie Cathedral Prep. Matt has already received an offer from Penn State after his impressive performance at camp last summer, and plans to camp at Notre Dame and Michigan this summer. Being a Pennsylvania guy, you have to think the Nittany Lions are off to an early lead as Bauer was quoted as saying, “When I was younger, I was the biggest Penn State fan.” I believe that Notre Dame is another school to watch here, as Matthew has made it known that he is interested in a business degree and education, and has said “It’s an academically prestigious school, and that’s something that I’d like to have as well,” talking about Notre Dame.

https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordpress.com/category/new-offers/

Penn State has extended an offer to 2018 defensive end, Dorian Hardy from St. Joseph Regional in Montvale, New Jersey. St. Joseph Regional may sound familiar as this is the same school of current 2017 commit, Robert Martin.

For finishing up his sophomore year, Dorian has already compiled quite the impressive offer sheet with offers already from schools such as Alabama, Michigan, Florida, and LSU.

Dorian is scheduled to take a visit this coming weekend to Happy Valley.

https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordpress.com/category/new-offers/

Penn State has extended an offer to 2018 defensive end, Dorian Hardy from St. Joseph Regional in Montvale, New Jersey. St. Joseph Regional may sound familiar as this is the same school of current 2017 commit, Robert Martin.

For finishing up his sophomore year, Dorian has already compiled quite the impressive offer sheet with offers already from schools such as Alabama, Michigan, Florida, and LSU.

Dorian is scheduled to take a visit this coming weekend to Happy Valley.

Reactions: Nittany Security
I know Penn State great, Bobby Engram has a son, Dean. Guessing this is Bobby's son? Dean goes to Gonzaga H.S. in Washington D.C. and I know Bobby is currently the Baltimore Ravens WR coach, so pretty sure that this is Bobby's son. Could be wrong though...

He is Bobby's son.

NEW OFFER! Penn State offers 2018 Running Back from Durham, North Carolina

Penn State is the latest to offer highly touted running back, Jamal Elliott from Durham, North Carolina. The young ball carrier has close to 20 offers from schools such as hometown Duke, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Ole Miss to name just a few.

Elliott is the fourth running back Penn State has offered in the 2018 class.

img_4306.jpg

https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordp...2018-running-back-from-durham-north-carolina/

You never know...

Zamir White, a five-star running back in the 2018 class, recently weighed in on his top schools with Michael Clark of Scout. White told Clark that Georgia was his tentative leader but said he wanted to learn more about Penn State and eventually take a visit. White is the No. 1 running back in the country and No. 3 player overall in the 2018 class, according to 247Sports.​

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...sec-pursuing-5-star-2018-rb-the-hardest?s=157

It’s still relatively early in the http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Anderson-Butts-has-a-top-three-45697091process for Harrisburg (Pa.) Class of 2018 wide receiver Shaquon Anderson-Butts, but the four-star prospect put out an early top three on Tuesday evening. Three local schools - Penn State, Pittsburgh and West Virginia - made the short list.

Anderson-Butts also has scholarship offers from Rutgers, Syracuse and Temple and has gotten interest from Michigan State, Ohio State and Virginia Tech, among others.

The 6-foot, 180-pound prospect was an All-Mid Penn Commonwealth first team selection as a sophomore. He finished the year with 36 catches for 754 yards and eight touchdowns.

6_3676680.jpg

(Photo: Sean Fitz, 247Sports)
Penn State identified Anderson-Butts early, becoming his second offer last July. He was a top performer at the LionSTRONG 7-on-7 team camp last year and returned for a visit for the Lasch Bash recruiting barbecue. He also visited for the Michigan game in November and is a high school teammate of Penn State Class of 2017 commitment Damion Barber.

The Nittany Lions appear to be the early team to beat, registering all five predictions on his 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Anderson-Butts is the No. 241 overall prospect in the Class of 2018 according to 247Sports and the No. 9 player in the next cycle in Pennsylvania.

2019 recruit who attended PSU satellite camp in NJ today. Just completed his freshman year and he's already 6'5", 255 pounds.

DeAndre Square is a rising junior with just two offers under his belt, but he definitely sounds like he'd be interested if the Penn State Nittany Lions came calling.

The Detroit product is a 6-1, 200-pound defensive back with offers from Michigan State and Kentucky. Penn State is also interested, according to 247Sports, as is Wisconsin. Square visited State College back in March, and hopes to also camp at Ohio State, Pitt, West Virginia and Wisconsin this summer, so there is plenty of interest despite the relatively short offer list.

Anyway, Square was asked about PSU during an interview with 247, and had great things to say about the school:

"My dream school growing up was Penn State," Square said. "Ever since I've seen them I've liked them. Then when I visited there, it felt like home."

He doesn't have a star ranking yet, but much will change as his junior season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT