ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

http://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-s...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

FIVE-STAR TIGHT END MAKES RETURN VISIT
Five-star 2018 tight end prospect Zack Kuntz made it back to Penn State on Saturday for another unofficial visit. Kuntz was last on campus in April so it was important for the Nittany Lions to get him back on campus before the season started. The tight end hails from Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, which is only a short drive from State College, and as the season progresses Penn State will have to work hard to draw him in for more visits. Kuntz is one of the most highly recruited players in the 2018 class, and as a junior he already has offers from Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and many others. Landing a commitment from Kuntz would add to an already stellar class of 2018 and help dominate the state of Pennsylvania going forward. You can read more in the original247Sports article ($).

ANOTHER TIGHT END SET TO VISIT
Four-star tight end Pat Freiermuth tweeted out Sunday that he would be on campus visiting the Nittany Lions. The Massachusetts product camped at Penn State over the summer and earned himself an offer in the process. This will be his first unofficial visit with the team since that camp. Freiermuth is a composite four-star tight end and is the 7th best tight end in the 2018 class according to 247Sports.

Fitz just locked in a CB for Freirmuth. Top 150 kid and top 10 TE on 247. :p

With the addition of the TE Freiermuth, has PSU ever gotten off to such a highly rated start to a recruiting class? Average rating of .9536 on 247.....

Reactions: Jiimmyjohnsdelivery
It really is pretty impressive. My hope would be that if a kid like Parsons sees all the talent that is coming in with him, that it makes him less likely to leave the fold.

This class needs a central recruiter, like Simmons and Clifford.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
It really is pretty impressive. My hope would be that if a kid like Parsons sees all the talent that is coming in with him, that it makes him less likely to leave the fold.

This class needs a central recruiter, like Simmons and Clifford.
Parson's video from Atlanta says he wants to do that. He also posted on twitter a while back that he was setting up the group text. I wouldn't be too worried about him unless the Ls pile up

If the L's pile up everyone's at risk.

Some of these kids are natural recruiters, some not. It's hard to remember that Adam McLean played this role for a while, regrettably.

Reactions: Nittany Security
If the L's pile up everyone's at risk.

Some of these kids are natural recruiters, some not. It's hard to remember that Adam McLean played this role for a while, regrettably.

I remember McLean doing so, and we may have players on the roster right now that he helped recruit even though his academics prevented him from joining them.....

Parsons does seem outgoing enough to take on the lead role of class recruiter/communicator..... It seems ideal for your most highly regarded talent in the class to take on that role, just like Simmons did.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmw199
For a number of reasons, if Parsons took that role, it would be very very good. If you are in that position, it's hard to keep looking around. Neither Simmons nor Clifford really even sniffed any other schools.

On the other hand, if you are the sort that is going to "take all my officials", then that role is not going to work. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Simmons also said that him and Quinn Nordin were the most active in recruiting those initial guys.

I remember McLean doing so, and we may have players on the roster right now that he helped recruit even though his academics prevented him from joining them.....

Parsons does seem outgoing enough to take on the lead role of class recruiter/communicator..... It seems ideal for your most highly regarded talent in the class to take on that role, just like Simmons did.

I think the 2010 class had a nice start. I remember it started with Paul Jones, Mike Hull, and Silas Redd and each were all 5 stars at least on one site. I think the 4th guy was Khari Fort, but can't really remember.

With the addition of the TE Freiermuth, has PSU ever gotten off to such a highly rated start to a recruiting class? Average rating of .9536 on 247.....

Portsmouth (Ohio) Sciotoville four-star 2018 offensive lineman Blaine Scott spent Saturday at Penn State after receiving a recent offer from the Nittany

Reactions: T J
Portsmouth (Ohio) Sciotoville four-star 2018 offensive lineman Blaine Scott spent Saturday at Penn State after receiving a recent offer from the Nittany

After the visit...

Four-star 2018 OL Blaine Scott says Saturday visit to #PennState was "unreal."

Previsit info...

Ohio OL ready to visit Penn State
Penn State offered Portsmouth (Ohio) Sciotoville Class of 2018 offensive lineman Blaine Scott a few weeks ago, and this weekend they’ll get the four-star guard on campus for an unofficial visit.

“I am very excited for this upcoming visit,” said Scott, who is currently scheduled to be on campus on Saturday. “Just to see how their coaches coach, and how their team operates on a daily basis.”

Scott has been in touch with offensive line coach Matt Limegrover and recruiting coordinator Mike Villagrana. He is coming off of a trip to Kentucky over the weekend.

Arkansas, Duke, Florida, Miami, Michigan State, UNC and others have offered and he is also receiving interest from Ohio State. The Buckeyes have both picks on his 247Sports Crystal

The 6-foot-5, 300-pound Scott is a four-star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He is the nation’s No. 11 offensive guard and the No. 12 prospect in Ohio in the Class of 2018.

Is that locker room with the jersey's hung up just for recruiting? It looks nothing like the new locker room, which is why I noticed.

4-star DT QB Justin Fields (from Georgia) will announce within the next four weeks. Saw a tweet about this but can't seem to find it right now. He's TN's No. 1 target at QB and he's deciding between them, us, Northwestern and I think UNC. He's scheduled to visit PSU for the Kent State game. Hope we can pull off the upset.

4-star DT QB Justin Fields (from Georgia) will announce within the next four weeks. Saw a tweet about this but can't seem to find it right now. He's TN's No. 1 target at QB and he's deciding between them, us, Northwestern and I think UNC. He's scheduled to visit PSU for the Kent State game. Hope we can pull off the upset.

Good info ChiTownLion -

Just to clarify, Justin Fields is a QB and specifically a Dual-Threat QB for the 2018 Class.
Not to be confused with any sort of DT Defensive Tackle we may be after. ;)

uk4oiklrlrka4tsbbcz9

Justin Fields
Dual-threat quarterback
4 STARS
Harrison
Kennesaw, GA
RR: 5.8
Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 205 lbs
Class: 2018

POSITION #9 Dual-Threat QB
NATIONAL #249
Commitment status: UNDECIDED

Reactions: Ranger Dan

You know I love ya ChiTown but you have him listed as a 4-star DT QB. That is one hell of a dual threat sir!!!!

;);):););)

PSU makes top 5. Tweet was above.

August 20, 2016 » Matt HladikSHARES 0

2018 5-Star RB Ricky Slade Releases Top 5
Ricky-Slade-1.png
Twitter/@TheSlade_Era
Five-star prospect Ricky Slade, the No. 1 all-purpose back in the 2018 class, released his top five schools on Twitter this afternoon.
The five schools standing out for Ricky Slade as of now are North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Florida and Tennessee.

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound Slade has rushed for 2,020 yards and 26 touchdowns for Woodbridge (Va.) C.D. Hylton over the past two seasons. He holds over two dozen scholarship offers and is the No. 20 player in his class according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Reactions: TheGLOV
4-star linebacker verbally committed to the University of Michigan will be coming to OSU vs. PSU game at the Beav.

Reactions: TheGLOV
PSU makes top 5. Tweet was above.

August 20, 2016 » Matt HladikSHARES 0

2018 5-Star RB Ricky Slade Releases Top 5
Ricky-Slade-1.png
Twitter/@TheSlade_Era
Five-star prospect Ricky Slade, the No. 1 all-purpose back in the 2018 class, released his top five schools on Twitter this afternoon.
The five schools standing out for Ricky Slade as of now are North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Florida and Tennessee.

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound Slade has rushed for 2,020 yards and 26 touchdowns for Woodbridge (Va.) C.D. Hylton over the past two seasons. He holds over two dozen scholarship offers and is the No. 20 player in his class according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Slade, after retweeting the edit below...

Reactions: grinagrin
ADVERTISEMENT