ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Penn State offered a pair of underclassmen at Stafford (N.C.) North Stafford on Thursday according to 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow. Nittany Lions assistant Charles Huff visited the school on Thursday and left scholarship offers for Class of 2018 defensive end Nana Asiedu and Class of 2019 running back Devyn Ford.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Asiedu has scholarship offers from Clemson, Duke, Maryland, N.C. State, Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech. He is a four-star prospect according to 247Sports and is the No. 90 prospect in the country in the Class of 2018.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Ford is one of the nation’t top freshmen. Clemson, Duke, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech are among his early offers. He visited Penn State for the Michigan game in November. As a freshman he ran for over 1,800 yards and scored 24 touchdowns on the ground.

Reactions: ryealy
Penn State offered a pair of underclassmen at Stafford (N.C.) North Stafford on Thursday according to 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow. Nittany Lions assistant Charles Huff visited the school on Thursday and left scholarship offers for Class of 2018 defensive end Nana Asiedu and Class of 2019 running back Devyn Ford.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Asiedu has scholarship offers from Clemson, Duke, Maryland, N.C. State, Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech. He is a four-star prospect according to 247Sports and is the No. 90 prospect in the country in the Class of 2018.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Ford is one of the nation’t top freshmen. Clemson, Duke, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech are among his early offers. He visited Penn State for the Michigan game in November. As a freshman he ran for over 1,800 yards and scored 24 touchdowns on the ground.

Is this our first official 2019 offer?

1422017522-taylor-swift-surprised-gasp-face.gif

Reactions: canuckhal

Actually Stafford, VA not that it matters. 247 made the correction.

Casey Thompson
Dual-threat quarterback
Southmoore
Moore, OK
RR:
Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 176 lbs
Class: 2018

Interesting that Casey pinned this tweet to the top of his profile.

Quite a few QB's picking up Penn State offers in the last 12 or so hours:

Connor Noland out of Greenwood, AR - https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordp...rs-2018-qb-connor-noland-out-of-greenwood-ar/

Spencer Sanders out of Denton, TX - https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordp...nn-state-has-offered-2018-qb-spencer-sanders/

Casey Thompson out of Moore, OK - https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordp...enn-state-has-offered-2018-qb-casey-thompson/

Without a doubt, I still believe that Phil Jurkovec is still priority #1 for the QB position in the 2018 class.

Whenever he gets a chance, Micah Parsons likes to share his Penn State pitch, which focuses on the past, when the late Joe Paterno roamed Beaver Stadium's sidelines, to the present, which he calls a "road to glory" under head coach James Franklin.

"When JoePa was here, he had glory days, undefeated seasons, national titles; we went down, and now we're coming back up," Parsons says. "I call that a 30 for 30."

He's referencing the ESPN documentary series, of course, which often features underdog tales and triumphant sports stories. The end, like Penn State's current players, coaching staff, and commitments, believe the program is on the upswing following the Jerry Sandusky scandal and resulting NCAA sanctions that set the program back on and off the field.

But to head down that road quickly, top recruits like the ones that made up the program's back-to-back top-25 recruiting classes under Franklin will be needed. And that's what these commits, in conjunction with 2017 pledges Dylan Rivers, a linebacker, and Sean Clifford, a quarterback, set out to do on a daily basis.
The New Jersey three-star offensive lineman committed to the Nittany Lions back in April at the Blue-White game.

Rivers played a big role in helping to land Barber, a Harrisburg High junior who said he talked to the Virginia linebacker long before he ever committed to Penn State. And Clifford is on the record as being one of the more vocal recruiters in the class. Matos and Martin aren't quite as outgoing it would seem, compared to their other classmates, but both do their part.

It's exactly what is needed in the modern recruiting game that is built as much on old tenants like academics, program success, and coaching staff fit as it is social media connections, edited photos of recruits in a school's gear, and more.

So the more commits there are, the more potential connections there could be, and the better potential class will be.

That's what Penn State's verbal commitments are aiming for this summer and beyond.

Penn State offered 2018 offensive tackle, Nicholas Petit-Frere from Tampa, FL

Penn State has extended an offer to one of the top 2018 offensive lineman in the 2018 class. Nicholas Petit-Frere is a 6’6 offensive tackle out of Tampa, Florida who has already began stacking offers from schools such as Ohio State, Miami, Auburn, Florida, and Michigan. It is safe to say that there are many more offers on the way to Nicholas.

https://happyvalleyrecruiting.wordp...s-2018-offensive-tackle-nicholas-petit-frere/

Important parts:

Many of the nation’s top underclassmen have added several offers this spring, including Erie (Penn.) Cathedral Prep 2018 inside linebacker Matthew “Bo” Bauer, who holds offers from Penn State, Maryland, Iowa State, Pitt, Syracuse, Vanderbilt and Virginia.

“I like Penn State,” Bauer told Today’s U. “That’s just one that I like right now. That was kind of like my childhood school, so of course I like them, but I’m still kind of keeping it open.”

The 247Sports, 92 overall 4-star is also being recruited by West Virginia, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan and Stanford, so more offers could be on their way for the 6-foot-3, 202-pounder.

“Notre Dame, that’s one of my tops,” Bauer said. “I’m pretty interested in them and Stanford, but there hasn’t been a whole lot of communication with Stanford yet.”

Should the Irish offer, they “would be at the top of the board” with Penn State, Bauer said.

“I want to play big-time football,” Bauer said. “I’d like to get a good education, so somewhere with a prestigious school there for that. I play baseball too, so somewhere that would let me play both sports so that’s probably the big three.”

“I liked Penn State,” Bauer said. “I like how it’s all big. They’ve got nice facilities and it has the classic Penn State demeanor about it. I liked Michigan State too. It’s a clean campus and pretty up to date as well. I liked Syracuse, I like the coaching staff. I like the coaching staff at Penn State too.”

“I’m going to Notre Dame this summer on June 18,” Bauer said. “I’m going to Michigan on June 20 and I’m going to Stanford in late July or early August.”

“Whenever it feels right,” Bauer said. “If I really like a place, when I’ve seen all the places I want to see. I’m not going to rush it, but I’m also not going to hold off or lead anybody on.”

Important parts:

Many of the nation’s top underclassmen have added several offers this spring, including Erie (Penn.) Cathedral Prep 2018 inside linebacker Matthew “Bo” Bauer, who holds offers from Penn State, Maryland, Iowa State, Pitt, Syracuse, Vanderbilt and Virginia.

“I like Penn State,” Bauer told Today’s U. “That’s just one that I like right now. That was kind of like my childhood school, so of course I like them, but I’m still kind of keeping it open.”

The 247Sports, 92 overall 4-star is also being recruited by West Virginia, UCLA, Notre Dame, Michigan and Stanford, so more offers could be on their way for the 6-foot-3, 202-pounder.

“Notre Dame, that’s one of my tops,” Bauer said. “I’m pretty interested in them and Stanford, but there hasn’t been a whole lot of communication with Stanford yet.”

Should the Irish offer, they “would be at the top of the board” with Penn State, Bauer said.

“I want to play big-time football,” Bauer said. “I’d like to get a good education, so somewhere with a prestigious school there for that. I play baseball too, so somewhere that would let me play both sports so that’s probably the big three.”

“I liked Penn State,” Bauer said. “I like how it’s all big. They’ve got nice facilities and it has the classic Penn State demeanor about it. I liked Michigan State too. It’s a clean campus and pretty up to date as well. I liked Syracuse, I like the coaching staff. I like the coaching staff at Penn State too.”

“I’m going to Notre Dame this summer on June 18,” Bauer said. “I’m going to Michigan on June 20 and I’m going to Stanford in late July or early August.”

“Whenever it feels right,” Bauer said. “If I really like a place, when I’ve seen all the places I want to see. I’m not going to rush it, but I’m also not going to hold off or lead anybody on.”

You copied and pasted pretty much the whole article. I think people on this board are smart enough and capable enough to click on a link without any help.

You copied and pasted pretty much the whole article. I think people on this board are smart enough and capable enough to click on a link without any help.
Smart enough, most definitely!

Lazy enough not to when someone else can copy / paste it so you don't have to click, BRILLIANT!

guinness-brilliant-o.gif

Except for that sticky little matter called a copyright.
It was linked properly earlier and even quoted (with link) before including the copy/pasted text, but hey, if you want to be an A$$ about every little detail, your well on your way!©

Reactions: Agoodnap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT