ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Given the timing of that CB (and it's Wiltfong making the call) a day after the OSU trip, it may be the most surprised I've been on a projection....

I'll still believe Parsons in Lincoln when he signs, but if it's not to work out with PSU would much rather he be there than in Columbus. I'm sure the 3-4 D that Nebraska is switching to is a factor, but there's plenty of time this year for that experiment to blow up in Bob Diaco's face.

Change of scenery might do that kid some good.

Change of scenery might do that kid some good.

True, and I still don't have the problems with Parsons that others do. I have a feeling he's just a highly impressionable kid and a lot of the attention he draws is from people that say he's starving for attention. Classic case of feeding the beast.

He'll still come down to the wire. I'm most curious as to how he gets along with other PSU verbals when he's visiting or how much these guys still talk. We know SAB is adamant about getting Parsons on board. I have a feeling he wouldn't be all in on that if the rest of the crew was sour on Micah but who knows.

It's been a bit since we had a full scale drama. Back in the day with Shady and Vidal and to a lesser extent Deion Walker, we had a regular soap opera. Not to mention the RB I can't remember now. LOI's not signed, debated as being valid, etc. This is a good one though.

I can't wait to hear the recap from this weekend.

It's been a bit since we had a full scale drama. Back in the day with Shady and Vidal and to a lesser extent Deion Walker, we had a regular soap opera. Not to mention the RB I can't remember now. LOI's not signed, debated as being valid, etc. This is a good one though.

Broderick Green? The kid from Arkansas?

Reactions: artsandletters
Given the timing of that CB (and it's Wiltfong making the call) a day after the OSU trip, it may be the most surprised I've been on a projection....

I'll still believe Parsons in Lincoln when he signs, but if it's not to work out with PSU would much rather he be there than in Columbus. I'm sure the 3-4 D that Nebraska is switching to is a factor, but there's plenty of time this year for that experiment to blow up in Bob Diaco's face.
Yeah the 3-4 defense is actually a plausible reason for Parsons to be interested in Nebraska. I don't think the look at me routine would go over in Lincoln any better than it would in State College though.

I submit Chris Simms and Chas Henne for your entertainment pleasure.

Yeah the 3-4 defense is actually a plausible reason for Parsons to be interested in Nebraska. I don't think the look at me routine would go over in Lincoln any better than it would in State College though.
Well, Randy Gregory and Lawrence Phillips both spent their college careers in Lincoln. Just sayin.

I see a ton of WPIAL games and Raines isn't half the player Hudson is. In my opinion Hudson is the best player to come out of the WPIAL in years. He just doesn't have the prototypical height for the style he plays. That's one ship I think we will regret not giving out.
I've seen neither in person, so hoping you are right. I was pissed about the Hudson thing after watching his tape
was though losing out on him!

C

Chad Henne

I swear to god this is a true story. I'm at the Big 33 game with a buddy in JULY 2003. We go to the concession stand to get
fries and a soda. Who is in the next line but Jerry Sandusky. I tell him Chad Henne is sitting near us with a Georgia hat on. I talked to
him for a minute. Asked him about Henne since he's not a coach any longer. He says not to worry about it.

How are his grades? Nebraska sounds like a commitment prior to prep school.

I swear to god this is a true story. I'm at the Big 33 game with a buddy in JULY 2003. We go to the concession stand to get
fries and a soda. Who is in the next line but Jerry Sandusky. I tell him Chad Henne is sitting near us with a Georgia hat on. I talked to
him for a minute. Asked him about Henne since he's not a coach any longer. He says not to worry about it.
Magoo Knew!

I really want Smith and Sandidge and to break the bank on defensive lineman this class. We'll be so dominant up front for years with a class like that.
I really want Tyreke, have so for awhile now. No drama, Ohio resident, physically ready, seems mature, a DE who can move inside like Buchholz. Total package.

Reactions: garw
So in this fictional story I read....a certain 5 star recruit stepped on the purple carpet during an official visit to a perennial CFP contender. He has been told to go elsewhere. He has heard essentially the same thing at another top ten school close to home. What will he do? Mom and Dad may have finally seen the folly of giving their child prodigy such a long leash?

So in this fictional story I read....a certain 5 star recruit stepped on the purple carpet during an official visit to a perennial CFP contender. He has been told to go elsewhere. He has heard essentially the same thing at another top ten school close to home. What will he do? Mom and Dad may have finally seen the folly of giving their child prodigy such a long leash?
There's a fictional story like that? Are you serious? If so, why are you reading it? And why would Parsons have to step on a purple carpet?:oops:

There's a fictional story like that? Are you serious? If so, why are you reading it? And why would Parsons have to step on a purple carpet?:oops:

If I remember correctly, in Greek Mythology purple was a color reserved for gods. Stepping on a purple carpet rolled out by adoring citizens upon his return from the Trojan Wars, may have gotten Agamemnon killed. Clearly something really pissed off his wife Clytemnestra.(who stabbed him to death in his bath that night.)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, in Greek Mythology purple was a color reserved for gods. Stepping on a purple carpet rolled out by adoring citizens upon his return from the Trojan Wars, may have gotten Agamemnon killed. Clearly something really pissed of his wife Clytemnestra.(who stabbed him to death in his bath that night.)
Why men shower since then. We're not as dumb as we look.

Who stepped on the purple carpet only to be rejected twice?

As an aside, I always thought that Bill Clinton was a perfect Agamemnon and Hillary as guess who (after Monica).
I think Micah has been dancing all over that carpet, don't you?
If his pop didn't work for an airline and he couldn't fly so cheap things would look different. But he can and they don't.

If his pop didn't work for an airline and he couldn't fly so cheap things would look different. But he can and they don't.

I think his antics have closed some doors to him. His parent and his HS coaches had a responsibility to guide and temper a young prodigy. You know, next year and the year after, there will be others with 5 stars.

Reactions: artsandletters
Brian Linder is a writer for Penn Live. He literally writes a story everyday about Parsons. He clearly has a direct pipeline to Parsons. He also replies to most comments, especially critical ones. From today, and when questioned, was no OSU an error/omission, he did not reply.

"Parsons is a former Nittany Lions' commit

He has said he is considering Penn State, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan, Georgia and Miami."

No OSU?

Brian Linder is a writer for Penn Live. He literally writes a story everyday about Parsons. He clearly has a direct pipeline to Parsons. He also replies to most comments, especially critical ones. From today, and when questioned, was no OSU an error/omission, he did not reply.

"Parsons is a former Nittany Lions' commit

He has said he is considering Penn State, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan, Georgia and Miami."

No OSU?
Many believe he no longer holds an OSU offer.

Penn State has extended a preferred walk-on offer to Cleveland (Ohio) Heights defensive back Zaire Webb. He is the teammate of top defensive line target Tyreke Smith, who has the Nittany Lions among his top choices.
Source: 247 Sean Fitz.

Webb has visited Penn State several times with Smith, including for the Nittany Lions’ win over Ohio State last fall and for the Lasch Bash in July.

The 5-foot-10, 175-pound prospect has scholarship offers from Air Force, Army, and Navy. Ohio State has also offered a preferred walk-on slot.

Last edited:
Penn State has extended a preferred walk-on offer to Cleveland (Ohio) Heights defensive back Zaire Webb. He is the teammate of top defensive line target Tyreke Smith, who has the Nittany Lions among his top choices.
Source: 247 Sean Fitz.
Webb has a PWO offer from OSU as well. He also has scholarship offers from all three military academies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT