ADVERTISEMENT

18 days until Penn State administers a severe Pitt beatdown.

Gotta tell ya, I just can't understand all those who are getting worked up about the Pitt game.
I'm old enough to remember the good-old-days when PSU-Pitt was actually a pretty fierce rivalry.
Those days are gone and I don't see them ever coming back. And when this four-game series ends, I would much rather see PSU schedule home-and-home games with some of the great programs in college football.
I don't hate Pitt. I actually hope the Panthers are successful in most games. But when I look at the Penn State schedule, the game with Pitt doesn't jump out to me like OSU and Michigan. It is on the "just another non-conference game" list for me. If the weather is decent that day, I'll be on a golf course somewhere and will watch the replay later that night.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I enjoy the threads and the rationale of the characters on the "Liar." It amuses me. By putting any kind of emphasis on laying a beat down on Pitt, IMO, we are merely doing what they did last year. Win two big games and crap the bed for the rest of the season. I hope JF and Co. are smarter and better than that. I want PSU to win every game, but not to win one to the detriment of the proper attitude and approach to the entire season.
I don't think the players have anywhere near the animosity for one another that some here imagine. Rather, I suspect as acquaintances and perhaps even former teammates they may entertain a healthy respect for one another. Respecting ones opponent is a mature and reasonable approach to athletic endeavors at all levels. Let's win, hopefully with a comfortable lead and escape healthy. Beating Pitt is a small step to much bigger goals. All the bluster here about beat downs and blow outs doesn't help, certainly won't put points on the board and may actually be counter productive as bulletin board fodder.

I know. Akron, Akron, Akron, and I'm sure that's the focus of the team.

But me? Can't wait for the beatdown of Pitt. Will be by 30 pts or better.
Howie. I believe these are yours (very stylish). 30 points? I expect us to beat Pitt but the game will be reasonably close, 13 points or less, say 30-17.

blue-lens-aviator-sunglasses-1.jpg

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
We(WVU) thought we were going to thump Pitt in 2007 and look what happened to us 13-9!!I think you'll win by 12-14 pts but you never know in sports.

Reactions: KanePA
We(WVU) thought we were going to thump Pitt in 2007 and look what happened to us 13-9!!I think you'll win by 12-14 pts but you never know in sports.

I feel like there is going to be an early season upset but it will be a week earlier when Youngstown St beats Pitt. Although, I'm not sure it's an upset

Reactions: marshall23 and garw
Come on Mike you know Pitt has 15 guys running 4.4 40s their Lightning Offense will blow the Penguins away!Their third string QB is 6'5" 240lbs and he runs a 4.4!

Was at that game. Wvu just never showed up. By the time they got some fire it was too late.

Howie. I believe these are yours (very stylish). 30 points? I expect us to beat Pitt but the game will be reasonably close, 13 points or less, say 30-17.

blue-lens-aviator-sunglasses-1.jpg

One of the rare times I disagree with you, old chap. I think this is a 3 touchdown win.

Reactions: fairgambit
If it's not a thread about Pitt, posters manage to include Pitt in at least half of the threads. Often the posts are about Pitt's obsession with PSU. That's funny.

Dear lord, another thread complaining about people making fun of Pitt. The obsession continues.

Reactions: Howie'81
Yea, you guys probably get us this year. I'm not a giant fan of Max Browne and Quadree Ollison is the slowest RB in the ACC. Defensively, until I see otherwise, it's really not worth breaking down because PSU has a giant advantage in every way imaginable.

Remember who we're playing:
Pittiful
Irrelevant
Trivial
Team

The proud owners of the most bogus claim in all of sports--9 National Championships. I've never been able to determine if this stems from arrogance or inferiority complex. Believe it is an unprecedented and unmatched combination of both.
Driving home from work the evening the Penguins played game 7 against Ottawa, my best friend asked me to predict the score and who would score the winning goal. I have his affidavit that I predicted Pens would win 3-2 in OT with Kunitz scoring game winning goal. Next morning he called me asking if I would pick the lottery # for him. I told him I would go one better and predict the PSU-Pitt score. My prediction was 63-14 as I truly believe our 2nd and 3rd strings are better than their 1st string.

18 days to the Second Annual Allentown Brewfest ! I plan to combine both occasions perfectly.

Yea, you guys probably get us this year. I'm not a giant fan of Max Browne and Quadree Ollison is the slowest RB in the ACC. Defensively, until I see otherwise, it's really not worth breaking down because PSU has a giant advantage in every way imaginable.
I wonder what percentage of transfers pan out?What does that say about your recruiting?

I know. Akron, Akron, Akron, and I'm sure that's the focus of the team.

But me? Can't wait for the beatdown of Pitt. Will be by 30 pts or better.

Coming up for the Pitt game from the Deep South. Can't wait! Haven't been in several years, but in the 2000's we would come up for a game nearly every year.

Ya think? Last year an experienced Pitt team was extremely lucky to beat a green PSU squad.

Reactions: m48tank
Kane your Pitt team is sooooo fast and Narduzzi is such a great recruiter I just hope we can keep it close !Plus Narduzzi is a defensive genius that will out scheme PSU offense and stuff them.I just dont see how genius and Pitts's defensive rank can be used in the same sentence.All I read on the Lair is Franklin's a fraud,Franklin can't coach, Franklin's a snake oil salesmen, Franklin's all talk and our beloved Narduzzi is the second coming of Chuck Noll.You bad mouth PSU all the time on the Lair can't wait untill Sept 9 to see your comments!

Kane your Pitt team is sooooo fast and Narduzzi is such a great recruiter I just hope we can keep it close !Plus Narduzzi is a defensive genius that will out scheme PSU offense and stuff them.I just dont see how genius and Pitts's defensive rank can be used in the same sentence.All I read on the Lair is Franklin's a fraud,Franklin can't coach, Franklin's a snake oil salesmen, Franklin's all talk and our beloved Narduzzi is the second coming of Chuck Noll.You bad mouth PSU all the time on the Lair can't wait untill Sept 9 to see your comments!

The only thing Chuck Noll and Pat Narduzzi have in common is that soon neither will be a coach in Pittsburgh. Oh, and I guess both their last names start with "N".

I wonder what percentage of transfers pan out?What does that say about your recruiting?

It says that Paul Chryst was woefully poor in his QB recruiting. That being said, Tom Savage is a starter in Houston and Nate Peterman is a backup in Buffalo. Not bad, I guess.

Reactions: brupsu

Not really, and I'll be at the Luke Bryan concert. Not posting on the Lair.

I suspect that few if any Lair folks can afford the ticket prices for this game.

Enjoy the concert. It won't be the first time this year that a Pitt fan decides to do something else other than watch a Pitt game.

It is past time to throw a shutout -- Akron first and then Pitt, followed by Georgia State.

Start the defense on the right track for the rest of the games.

I'm a little leery of all the Penn State fans getting too cocky about this game. We deserve to be heavy favorites, but there are upsets and unexpected nail-biters every week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT