ADVERTISEMENT

125 - Something's Gotta Give At Some Point

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
The 125 weight class has, by far, more undefeated and one-loss guys than any other weight class this year, this late in the season. Rivera, Lee, Mueller, Piccininni, Bresser, Foley (not T.R.), Arajau, and Fausz are the eight, with three undefeated, and five with one loss. That follows with Glory, Russell, Millhof, and Fleetwood with two or three losses.

One could argue there's a bit of separation at the very top (Rivera and Lee, then all others), but I'm not so sure. 125 is turning out to be one of the more interesting, and fun, to keep an eye on from here on out.

Piccininni looks to be the best version of himself this year. I thought it was a one horse race up until seeing this years version of Spencer Lee was not the same as before. Seabass proved he belonged in the conversation, and I think Picc is right there too. Today I would say anyone other than one of these guys winning would really surprise me and I would go 50% spencer. 25% for each of the other two.

Brands will need Spencer to wrestle (and win) to beat OSU in the dual. Will he go or will Brands mail it in? I'm guessing he will go.

Piccininni looks to be the best version of himself this year. I thought it was a one horse race up until seeing this years version of Spencer Lee was not the same as before. Seabass proved he belonged in the conversation, and I think Picc is right there too. Today I would say anyone other than one of these guys winning would really surprise me and I would go 50% spencer. 25% for each of the other two.

Brands will need Spencer to wrestle (and win) to beat OSU in the dual. Will he go or will Brands mail it in? I'm guessing he will go.
Don't disagree. There will also be tons-o'-fun from 4 through 8, assuming your three hold. Anything can happen at the national tournament.

Reactions: danoftw
Quick check, here's three bouts that are scheduled during the regular season, just between the guys mentioned;

Lee vs Piccininni 2/24
Rivera vs Foley 2/8
Arajau vs Glory 2/9

Not many.

The 125 weight class has, by far, more undefeated and one-loss guys than any other weight class this year, this late in the season. Rivera, Lee, Mueller, Piccininni, Bresser, Foley (not T.R.), Arajau, and Fausz are the eight, with three undefeated, and five with one loss. That follows with Glory, Russell, Millhof, and Fleetwood with two or three losses.

One could argue there's a bit of separation at the very top (Rivera and Lee, then all others), but I'm not so sure. 125 is turning out to be one of the more interesting, and fun, to keep an eye on from here on out.

You can spell Piccininni but you can't spell Arujau? :)

Arujau is 13-0 at 125; his one loss was at 133.

Reactions: RoarLions1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT