ADVERTISEMENT

125-149 in 2018-2019

Jul 22, 2017
There are so many lineup scenarios that could play out here. Here is my guess at what could possibly work out best for 2018-2019, but also set us up best for the coming years. I think the field is going to be a bit weaker this upcoming season, so we can RS some guys to save them, but still win the team title. I’d like to see this...

125-Teske, RS Teasdale this year
133-RBY, save his RS for next year, when Teasdale will go 133 and hopefully Verk can hold 141 again
141-Verkleeran, RS N. Lee in hopes he makes gains like Zain did when took his RS and then move him up to 149 next year
149-Berge, goes up to 157 next year when Nolf graduates

Last edited:
I like it a lot!!! The Nick Lee RS talk has been gaining momentum. Verk is pretty thick and that cut although not too big could be tough, but I agree this scenario sets is up best for the future while preserving enough points for another March victory. I also think Berge is going to be a pleasant surprise. We all know he is a stud but he is going to place higher than most expect.

Last edited:
I like it a lot!!! The Nick Lee RS talk has been gaining momentum. Verk is pretty thick and that cut although not too big could be tough, but I agree this scenario sets is up best for the future while preserving enough points for another March victory. I also think Berge is going to be a pleasant surprise. We all know he is a stud but he is going to place higher than most expect.

Gaining momentum? Because 4-5 guys on a message board like it? Pretty sure it will only matter what Cael and staff decide, along with input of the student athlete-Nick Lee and or ability of another kid to make the cut.

How many threads do we need where this exact same topic is discussed over and over??

Mods - please post a sticky so people can stick to posting in just 1 thread for this topic.

Reactions: jschrantz
Gaining momentum? Because 4-5 guys on a message board like it? Pretty sure it will only matter what Cael and staff decide, along with input of the student athlete-Nick Lee and or ability of another kid to make the cut.

Why you read this board is a mystery.

To the educated 80-90%+ of what is on this board in the months of April--September is conjecture, innuendo, rumor, and outright falsehoods ... All designed to get is through the off-season period of insanity when we are starved of something we all love and are devoted. The mystery and speciation factors are what makes this entertaining.

Here is a tip to ease your pain "yes Cael and staff make all the decisions and run the program" we all know this despite what we write. With that acknowledgement in hand you no longer have to read any of these threads because at least for the off-season they are all BS.

Last edited:
Why you read this board is a mystery.

To the educated 80-90%+ of what is on this board in the months of April--September is conjecture, innuendo, rumor, and outright falsehoods ... All designed to get is through the off-season period of insane where we are starved of something we all love and are devoted. The mystery and speciation factors are what makes this entertaining.

Here is a tip to ease your pain "yes Cael and staff make all the decisions and run the program" we all know this despite what we write. With that acknowledgement in hand you no longer have to read any of these threads because at least for the off season they are all BS.

I get that, but how many times has this been discussed? Let’s come up with something else in all due respect goggles , hope there aren’t any hard feelings

I get that, but how many times has this been discussed? Let’s come up with something else in all due respect goggles , hope there aren’t any hard feelings

No hard feelings on my end, everyone here is my brother.

I am grasping. Incoming recruits have been covered, possible lineups covered, recruiting 2 years out covered, possible redshirts convered, Cael is under a long term contract (at least we think it is multi year).... The facilities are great. Magic man taking over for Cael in 8-10 years covered. The well has run dry and it is only July.

I think there only two new threads left in me are:

(1) Why the hell does auto spell check work so crazy on my Android phone in this board. Anytime I choose the suggested correctly spelled word it auto screws up my whole sentence with some new language I don't understand. Frustrating as hell. Does this happen to anyone else?

(2) the other is a horse probably beat well past death, but I haven't offered up my opinion yet - freestlye vs folk? I absolutely hate freestyle. It sucks that it is the world standard and is here to stay, if anything 30 years from now maybe folk goes away because of it. I just can't get the feel for way too much referee influence and even tampering on the international stage. Totally subjective cautions for passivity or stalling, and way too much leg laces+spins racking up 10 quick points. Folk requires mastery in three positions and the only quick way out of a match, is as it should be, via pin - not a stupid spin.

I am grasping. Incoming recruits have been covered, possible lineups covered, recruiting 2 years out covered, possible redshirts convered, Cael is under a long term contract (at least we think it is multi year).... The facilities are great. Magic man taking over for Cael in 8-10 years covered. The well has run dry and it is only July.

(1) Why the hell does auto spell check work so crazy on my Android phone in this board. Anytime I choose the suggested correctly spelled word it auto screws up my whole sentence with some new language I don't understand. Frustrating as hell. Does this happen to anyone else?

(2) the other is a horse probably beat well past death, but I haven't offered up my opinion yet - freestlye vs folk? I absolutely hate freestyle. It sucks that it is the world standard and is here to stay, if anything 30 years from now maybe folk goes away because of it. I just can't get the feel for way too much referee influence and even tampering on the international stage. Totally subjective cautions for passivity or stalling, and way too much leg laces+spins racking up 10 quick points. Folk requires mastery in three positions and the only quick way out of a match, is as it should be, via pin - not a stupid spin.

All valid points and yet i still check the board regularly for rumors and speculation which I enjoy. I think I’ll shift my focus to what other programs return and kids coming off redshirt , I’ll try to offer more and complain less ;-)

1) Yes, my S7 does some weird autocorrects.

2) I prefer folkstyle to freestyle (although it has grown on me). Passivity seems arbitrary and a series of leg laces ending a match in 10 seconds makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Agreed. Limit the total to 6 points max in one move sequence. TD plus 2 exposures, and I'll feel a little differently but those 10 point sequences are just plain disappointing. I can't even appreciate them even though it takes skill to execute.

Reactions: tabenn
A third option is food. Last year during the Suriano saga there were many additions to threads on the bounties of summer and culinary (and alcohol) preferences. Even @WildTurk had some good stuff. At this time last year I had dropped 20 to 195. Today I am 190. Tonight The garw Family dined on grilled roseda beef burgers, COC, tomatoes and cantaloupe. Washed down with a Catena Malbec. Delicious. My target is 184 as apparently Bo Is clearing out and heading to 197. Love these discussions.
“The road goes on forever and the party never ends.”

A third option is food. Last year during the Suriano saga there were many additions to threads on the bounties of summer and culinary (and alcohol) preferences. Even @WildTurk had some good stuff. At this time last year I had dropped 20 to 195. Today I am 190. Tonight The garw Family dined on grilled roseda beef burgers, COC, tomatoes and cantaloupe. Washed down with a Catena Malbec. Delicious. My target is 184 as apparently Bo Is clearing out and heading to 197. Love these discussions.
“The road goes on forever and the party never ends.”

Coc???

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
@pointingdogsrule its short for corn on the cob. Roled in butter, sprinkled with sea salt. Good question. A fourth diversion on the extended threads last year was travel. If memory serves me @tikk10 reported on his trip to see the northern lights. If Mr Suriano can tease the fans with pics hanging out in Miami so can you!

Reactions: WildTurk
@pointingdogsrule its short for corn on the cob. Roled in butter, sprinkled with sea salt. Good question. A fourth diversion on the extended threads last year was travel. If memory serves me @tikk10 reported on his trip to see the northern lights. If Mr Suriano can tease the fans with pics hanging out in Miami so can you!
That was actually @HOCKEYGOD11 's trip to Iceland. I didn't travel last year, was here vainly parsing the Suriano tea leaves with everyone else, wasting enormous amounts of time. Traveled to Europe for 3 weeks this June though.

Reactions: garw
Grilled salmon, better girl tomatoes, COC, grilled spring onions (sea salt and olive oil) and watermelon. 2016 Aruma Malbec. Love summer eating. Go State! Stay lean.

Reactions: jtothemfp
planned so far:
July - Pittsburgh, PA (brewery tour)
August - Telluride, CO
September - Charlottesville, VA
October - Lake Erie, NY
November/December - Las Vegas, NV (Cliff Kean)
February - Barbados
March - Hershey, PA (PIAA's), Pittsburgh (NCAA's)
still taking notes from HockeyGod11 for a future Iceland trip.

Late September, .............P-dog hunt in Wyoming :)

that would be fun.
am looking in to a possible hog hunt in TX this winter. apparently, ranchers will practically buy your ammo to help limit the overpopulation and grassland destruction.

that would be fun.
am looking in to a possible hog hunt in TX this winter. apparently, ranchers will practically buy your ammo to help limit the overpopulation and grassland destruction.
Go for it. I live here and feral hogs are a total nightmare for farmers and ranchers. They breed like crazy and destroy everything. Your claim would not shock me. There may be 5 Million plus in North America with half estimated to be in Tx. They are nasty and very aggressive with nothing really to stop them. Plus, the meat is tasty.

There is an outfitter here that will let you finish them off with a bowie knife once the dogs have control? of the hog. Up close and personal. Maybe if I was 40 years younger...

that would be fun.

I took a young lady out to Wyoming two years ago. She loves to shoot and it would be her first time for P-dogs. .233 and .17. It took her a few shots to get comfortable with the scope. Target acquisition with powerful scopes can be tough at first. After the first 2 hours she had it down. After 2 days she laid claim to 319 dead dogs. Her furthest shot was 265 yards with the .223. I suggest that you do it some time :) PS: take plenty of ammo :)

Reactions: d-1980
I wondered the same thing, but slugs are the only legal way that we can shoot deer in Iowa and in southern Minnesota, and they're pretty good in the smell department as well.

Just so you realize. Iowa passed a law last year that allows for the use of "straight cartridges " for deer. Take a look at the law. I live in Iowa (Decorah area).

Just so you realize. Iowa passed a law last year that allows for the use of "straight cartridges " for deer. Take a look at the law. I live in Iowa (Decorah area).
Just read the article about it. Obviously, I didn't even know that.

I've hunted my whole life but only small game and pheasants, so I don't pay much attention to deer hunting. In all honesty, I know so many people that hunt deer that I've always just saved myself the hassle and gotten free meat from them. :D

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT