ADVERTISEMENT

You Go Reilly Gains

I won’t assume that all of the women who lost to her were this generous, but you should understand that that some of these athletes see beyond 1st place vs. 2nd place vs 3rd pace.
Well, she was the first openly gay to win Olympic medals so she has a connection to fighting for marginalized people.

The article makes the blowback on Thomas competing with women sound like a conservative opinion. It is not. It is a bipartisan opinion. In most polls I see, the female athletes are overwhelmingly against it.
The Venn diagram of were born male and:
- elect to go through a year of HRT
- meet NCAA testosterone guidelines
- are athletic enough to play college sports
- are disciplined enough to keep going in spite of much negativity
- and win an event

..is Lia Thomas.

And as the article says, 27 NCAA records were set at the last women’s finals. None were set by Thomas.

Comments about ‘saving women’s sports’ is nonsense.
[/QUOT
The NCAA guidelines are politically driven and meaningless. There are plenty of non-political medical studies that show this. As for the records, what does that have to do with the argument at hand. It is specious.

The article makes the blowback on Thomas competing with women sound like a conservative opinion. It is not. It is a bipartisan opinion. In most polls I see, the female athletes are overwhelmingly against it.

Self identified liberals are split down the middle. Conservatives are almost uniformly against.

My sense (not scientific) is that very few people understand the 1-yr HRT requirement, the testosterone level guideline, and how exceedingly rare this situation is.

- and win an event

..is Lia Thomas.

And as the article says, 27 NCAA records were set at the last women’s finals. None were set by Thomas.

Why is it nonsense? You have no idea what these biological women feel like when they have to compete against a biological male who now is a woman. You realize this will just get bigger and bigger and have more and more of a negative impact on women's sports.

Answer this question...would you just blow it off if it was your biological daughter who was frustrated and disappointed that she had to compete against biological males? Sorry honey that is just the way it is nowadays. This is exactly about women's rights and the integrity of women's sports.

What if the Mich kicker playing against PSU took drugs thst significantly enhanced his performance then he nails a 65 yard field goal to beat us. Unfair? Any different from a biological male now competing successfully vs biological women? No. Both have an unfair advantage. The point is not that the trans male is not the best when competing vs biological females, the point is they improve their performance position significantly now that it is vs biological females. And in doing do frustrates and disappoints the other biological female athletes.

Why is it nonsense? You have no idea what these biological women feel like when they have to compete against a biological male who now is a woman. You realize this will just get bigger and bigger and have more and more of a negative impact on women's sports.
Answer this question...would you just blow it off if it was your biological daughter who was frustrated and disappointed that she had to compete against biological males? Sorry honey that is just the way it is nowadays. This is exactly about women's rights and the integrity of women's sports.

What if the Mich kicker playing against PSU took drugs thst significantly enhanced his performance then he nails a 65 yard field goal to beat us. Unfair? Any different from a biological male now competing successfully vs biological women? No. Both have an unfair advantage. The point is not that the trans male is not the best when competing vs biological females, the point is they improve their performance position significantly now that it is vs biological females. And in doing do frustrates and disappoints the other biological female athletes.
At this point it is 100% an exaggeration to say that trans women are destroying women’s sports. That hyperbole is being purposefully pushed in an effort to marginalize trans people.

Like I posted previously, there are estimated to be fewer than 50 trans women among the 200,000 NCAA women athletes and Thomas was the first and only to be a top performer in an individual event. But she is not elite in her sport.

And in the extremely unlikely event that my daughter lost to a trans woman, and that trans woman had played by the rules and met all guidelines of the sport, I would expect her to display good sportsmanship and empathy. I would also point out that you get better by playing against people who are better than you. So you grow from it.

Self identified liberals are split down the middle. Conservatives are almost uniformly against.

My sense (not scientific) is that very few people understand the 1-yr HRT requirement, the testosterone level guideline, and how exceedingly rare this situation is.
Thanks for another poll that says the overall public is against. And that from biased NPR to boot. You are one of those who doesn’t understand how that the guideline doesn’t make it a level playing field. It is purely political.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
I think a lot of you are missing a key point. Riley has talked a lot about how they, as biological females, were forced to share a locker room with biological male Thomas. And how uncomfortable that was. And nobody in charge gave a shit when she and her teammates voiced their concern.

Thanks for another poll that says the overall public is against. And that from biased NPR to boot. You are one of those who doesn’t understand how that the guideline doesn’t make it a level playing field. It is purely political.
It is too early to say whether the guidelines are adequate. If trans women who meet the current HRT and T guidelines prove to consistently outperform the field, then I expect a court challenge to the rules and for the rules to be changed.

As previously pointed out, Thomas is a singularity at this point, but was still far from the best swimmer at the NCAA women’s finals.

I think a lot of you are missing a key point. Riley has talked a lot about how they, as biological females, were forced to share a locker room with biological male Thomas. And how uncomfortable that was. And nobody in charge gave a shit when she and her teammates voiced their concern.
Oh we get it. Riley is peddling textbook transphobia. The same logic was used for decades to marginalize gays. ‘I’m not sharing a locker room with a homo’.

It is too early to say whether the guidelines are adequate. If trans women who meet the current HRT and T guidelines prove to consistently outperform the field, then I expect a court challenge to the rules and for the rules to be changed.

As previously pointed out, Thomas is a singularity at this point, but was still far from the best swimmer at the NCAA women’s finals.
It is not too early. Plenty of evidence now that it provides an advantage. In swimming simply being taller is an advantage. The second paragraph is specious, but you keep going back to it. It has nothing to do with the actual argument. I am out. The issue itself is not that important to me. Reading ridiculous articles that dance around medical fact for some political bias is why I commented. Take care.

- and win an event

..is Lia Thomas.

I’ve got short legs. Can we make a league (with scholarships) of short legged high jumpers and high hurdlers?

Of course, that is ridiculous. Sports has always been a cadre of events for people born male and people born female. If you are 6-8 you have a born benefit in basketball but deficit for the uneven parallel bars. Plus, no performance enhancing drugs or devices.

If the ncaa goes down the path of regulating testosterone is that a performance enhancing drug? What about a 6-8, 270 guy who lowers his testosterone after growth is completed so he/she can compete in sports with the mostly biological girls?

What you are suggesting sounds like two leagues; those over some testosterone number in one league and those under in another league. That sounds crazy to me to be honest

Reactions: therod and bison13
- and win an event

..is Lia Thomas.

Oh dear Lord...

Kamala Harris Lol GIF by Election 2020

Oh we get it. Riley is peddling textbook transphobia. The same logic was used for decades to marginalize gays. ‘I’m not sharing a locker room with a homo’.
that is your opinion. Just because you don’t care about any of the women affected by this doesn’t mean you are right. And just for the record, who is the “we” your referencing?

Reactions: bison13
that is your opinion. Just because you don’t care about any of the women affected by this doesn’t mean you are right. And just for the record, who is the “we” your referencing?
The “we” are we critics of Riley who supposedly don’t understand her arguments.

And the women who were “affected” were only affected by their own biases. Should someone have ‘done something about it’ if Riley was uncomfortable around Black or lesbian athletes?

Last edited:
The “we” are we critics of Riley who supposedly don’t understand her arguments.

And the women who were “affected” were only affected by their own biases. Should someone have ‘done something about it’ if Riley was uncomfortable around Black or lesbian athletes?
So there cannot be anyone affected other than if they’re biased? That is the only possibility?

How do you not understand a woman who doesn’t want to have to compete with men? Is it really that difficult? I would guess nearly all women athletes feel that way, they’re just too afraid to speak out.
The majority of white athletes didn’t want to compete with black athletes. But US laws are designed to protect minority rights, so they were forced to integrate.

So you would be fine with a guy with a dick showering with your college aged daughter?
When you cant win an argument go straight to racist or in this case Transphobic. You cant have an opinion opposite of some without being some sort of bigot.

So you would be fine with a guy with a dick showering with your college aged daughter?
I would trust her to judge the situation, as I don’t buy into the idea that a human body is somehow inherently a threat.

NCAA is required to give any athlete the option of a private shower and changing area - no questions asked. So anyone who has that bias can easily avoid that situation.

The majority of white athletes didn’t want to compete with black athletes. But US laws are designed to protect minority rights, so they were forced to integrate.
You’ve brought up two of the dumbest arguments ever so far with gay athletes and black athletes, neither of which have a biological advantage. You’re comparing apples and watermelons. So why not get rid of women’s sports altogether and just have one open division for all sports? You’re basically saying there’s no difference between male and female, so let them all compete against each other.

You’ve brought up two of the dumbest arguments ever so far with gay athletes and black athletes, neither of which have a biological advantage. You’re comparing apples and watermelons. So why not get rid of women’s sports altogether and just have one open division for all sports? You’re basically saying there’s no difference between male and female, so let them all compete against each other.
You guys suck at this.

Gays and blacks were only brought up because Reilly’s locker room “discomfort” was said to be a worthy reason to exclude Thomas.

I am not saying that there is no difference between males and females. I am saying that the current NCAA HRT and T testing guidelines seem to be doing a reasonable job of balancing competitiveness and the protection of minority rights.

I would trust her to judge the situation, as I don’t buy into the idea that a human body is somehow inherently a threat.

NCAA is required to give any athlete the option of a private shower and changing area - no questions asked. So anyone who has that bias can easily avoid that situation.
So a dude with a dick wants to shower with the team….. and the school is required to have private facilities for two dozen women that don’t want to shower with a dude with a dick. Makes a lot of sense…..😵‍💫

You guys suck at this.

Gays and blacks were only brought up because Reilly’s locker room “discomfort” was said to be a worthy reason to exclude Thomas.

I am not saying that there is no difference between males and females. I am saying that the current NCAA HRT and T testing guidelines seem to be doing a reasonable job of balancing competitiveness and the protection of minority rights.
We suck at this!?! You were the guy in pure panic mode over Wuhan virus. The one insisting that if you get the vaccine you can’t get Wuhan. Or get vaccinated and you can’t spread it. Get the vaccine and save grandma. Wear a stupid clothe diaper on your faces prevents Wuhan. You bought all the Wuhan garbage hook, line, and sinker.

You buy the prog viewpoint as your masters dictate. Bet you have gotten all your booster shots and are scheduled for the next one.

Hmm... that does not appear to be the case.

You guys are ****ed up weirdos for supporting this. Remember, the university blamed Riley Gaines and the other swimmers the same way people used to (and apparently still do) blame the rape victims.

Trannies creep me out.

I would love to hear any legitimate non-political reason for sending men into women's locker room to change with them. I will happily retract my 'only weirdos support this kind of stuff' comment if that occurs. Do people still defend things like spying on the Eagle's cheerleaders? Seriously, do people actually defend stuff like that?

I would love to hear any legitimate non-political reason for sending men into women's locker room to change with them. I will happily retract my 'only weirdos support this kind of stuff' comment if that occurs. Do people still defend things like spying on the Eagle's cheerleaders? Seriously, do people actually defend stuff like that?
It’s all political. Normal people don’t think that way unless they were traumatized somehow, somewhere, sometime. Thinking around 2016.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Well, I'd like to go into the women's locker room as a tourist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fac
You guys suck at this.

If you agree that men and women are different and you feel that women should have their own sports, then you have no argument…if their sports are separate, then men don’t belong in it. If you can’t see something that elementary, then you’re beyond bad at this.

Reactions: ryoder1 and bison13
This is not about race. Stop trying to position everything like you are some kind of enlightened intellectual god and those opposed to biological men competing against biological women are racist bigots. This is a classic leftist tactic.

Again, biological men who take steps to be more female still have an inherent, unfair advantage versus biological women. You are hiding behind the suspect, flimsy guidelines of the NCAA which we all know is a farce of an organization to begin with. You can bury your head in the sand and believe testosterone levels that reach some low point in a biological male means they magically are now physically equal to a biological female and therefore on a level playing field when competing. This ignores all the other biological and mental intricacies that make men and women different. I am embarrassed for you that you don't want to believe this. Or you just blindly accept whatever crap leftist agenda floats your way.

Now, as far as your other point that we are all making a mountain out of a mole hill and we are all just transphobic. Wrong. The point is not the number of biological males who want to compete with biological females. The point is the negative impact it has on women's sports and the biological female athletes. It is demotivating and frustrating. This will only get bigger and bigger. 50 turns to 100 then 200 and so on. How about this hypothetical, your child is bullied in school. You complain to the school administration and their answer is..."this is the only bully in the entire school district so we don't need to worry about this". The fact that it is negatively impacting biological female athletes then you cannot minimize it. A wrong that is not that widely pervasive (yet) does not make it right.
You have to look at it from the biological female perspective and you obviously are completely and hopelessly incapable of doing this.

PSU back in the headlines for administrative flubs. Political perhaps, but this is the University we support by way of their football & sports programs. Sometimes it is a challenge to be a proud Penn Stater.
Please move this thread to the Nut Job Board.

The article embedded in interrobang's post just above has a 20 min video which is a review of a podcast called "What is a woman". Matt Walsh, very good and popular youtuber, reviews one of the doctor's interviewed that was a large part of the referenced podcast, and is one of the two doctor's being sued. It's well worth listening to. Oh, as a warning, there are two 1-minute commercials embedded within which are done by Matt Walsh.

Here is a link to that video.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT