ADVERTISEMENT

You Go Reilly Gains

When? Link?
I agree with you. It looks to me like the president released that video some time ago. It says, in essence, you may not like the voices you hear but we are allowing them to speak. and that is the duty of our university.

Gaines is saying that PSU canceled her event today. PSU is saying that there was some kind of foul up, paperwork, inside venue, outside venue, who knows. Regardless, it is being scheduled.

It may be something. it may be lots of drama over a misunderstanding.

I was a skinny 3 starter on an Open IM Basketball Final 4 team my senior year at University Park. Used to play in a Professor Pick up game in Rec Hall during lunch when the PSU women's team would be warming up. Often they would play- and get the better of me and most of the "males" out there.
That's really not the argument. It's not a discussion of whether or not female athletes competing at the top levels can beat recreational level male athletes; they can. That my D1 swimming niece could crush her fitness swimming uncle proves only that I, like you and the other folks playing hoops for fitness and fun, wasn't very good, at least not compared to D1 scholarship athletes near the top of their sports.

Women's sports exist because we recognized that men and women are biologically different and most of the time those differences place women at a disadvantage once they get past puberty. It has nothing to do with social constructs or anything else. If a person wants to live like they are something different than their biology, it's none of my business. That said, let's not ignore the reality of biology in areas where it plays a foundational role, like competitive athletics.

Last edited:
Yep, create an "open" division and this is where biological males who identify as females can compete. And biological females who identify as males can compete in this division also and that way they are not boatraced by the biological males in a cross country race for example.

The best "female" HS cross country runner in my state is ....wait for it...a biological male who identifies as a female.

I love women's sports and think it is great for them to get more competitive experience as they go through prep and get into the real world. But women simply cannot compete against men.

here is a video of the first female college football player, a kicker, in her debut.

100% agree with you.....my comment, I believe, was to Mr. Intermurals.

Not sure why she had to say "make it a safe environment" who do you think would be starting any violence? - her and the people that came to hear her or others who refuse to hear any side of an issue but their own - open discussions on college campuses seem to be a thing of the past - gonna be a rough life for some of these kids when your boss doesn't give a sh$t about you micro aggression concerns and only cares about dollars and cents.

I agree with you. It looks to me like the president released that video some time ago. It says, in essence, you may not like the voices you hear but we are allowing them to speak. and that is the duty of our university.

Gaines is saying that PSU canceled her event today. PSU is saying that there was some kind of foul up, paperwork, inside venue, outside venue, who knows. Regardless, it is being scheduled.

Isn’t it funny that these “foul ups” only happen when someone with an opposing point of view than those that run the university come to speak. My guess is if it were a trans athlete coming to speak it would have gone off without a hitch.

PSU is lying and backtracking. Riley Gaines has shown online the room reserved for her presentation in th Hub. That reservation wasn’t specific about the speaker and as soon as someone found out it was Riley Gaines it got canceled.

The video from the PSU prez was not specific to this situation. But it was wrong to assume that opinions you disagree w are “bigoted”, and it was wrong for PSU to say anything in this situation other than “we were wrong and we welcome Riley Gaines to speak at any time”. There is 0.00000% chance there wasn’t any empty building tomorrow night where this event could have been held.

Our president didn't call her a bigot.
Not sure what she is trying to communicate. Making this long speech about "hateful" and "hurtful" speech by "bigots". Are those hurtful people the same ones that don't support transgenders getting everything they want? Such as not wanting to or agreeing to sit idly by and let biological males who want to be females unfairly compete against biological females and thus undermining women's athletics while frustrating and disappointing our true female athletes.

Why is a gold medalist volleyball player in his 60s like Rowdy Gaines in a psu football message board?

I think a lot of folks only "follow the science" when it supports their narrative😁
People “follow the science” when the data backs up the science. You remember “show your work” from high school, right? 100% of the data says very clearly biological males have an enormous advantage in sports over women. To say nothing of the issue of having a guy in girls locker rooms.

Fauci declaring himself “the science” doesn’t mean anyone should follow him. Because the data shows he was a charlatan. Because he refused to show his work.

Not sure what she is trying to communicate. Making this long speech about "hateful" and "hurtful" speech by "bigots". Are those hurtful people the same ones that don't support transgenders getting everything they want? Such as not wanting to or agreeing to sit idly by and let biological males who want to be females unfairly compete against biological females and thus undermining women's athletics while frustrating and disappointing our true female athletes.
Not sure...I was just correcting the notion that our president called "Reilly Gains" a bigot, since it didn't happen.

When? Link?

Bendapudi made the comments a month ago, and they were not directed at Riley Gaines. If anything, they were a welcome defense of free speech on campus at a time when it is threatened or cancelled altogether in academic settings all around the country.

So that leaves the question of Gaines's appearance at Penn State. Maybe the cancellation was all about paperwork. Maybe not. I doubt Bendapudi personally made the call.

Either way, the hard fact is that there are powerful forces now committed to the insane proposition that boys can be girls and compete in women's sports and use women's locker rooms and avail themselves of women's bathrooms...and if you object to this state of affairs, which only a few years ago would have been considered utter madness, then you are a "hater" and "bigot."

That's just a hard fact, and Riley Gaines has personal experience of it...having been threatened and harassed by those casting themselves as apostles of compassion and tolerance. Therefore, I'm inclined to cut her some slack if she jumped to the conclusion that people within the Penn State administration nixed her speech for ideological reasons.

side note, can we still say "yeah, well, if my aunt was born with balls she'd be my uncle?"

confused-oh-ok.gif
I do indeed say that frequently and still will- regardless of what my Aunt thinks!

If you truly don’t know that’s pretty sad. Try turning off sports and wat g some news. And not just some left wing mouth pieces like CNS and MSNBC. Try a variety of sources. Hear all sides. Get informed.
Hey man, I’m sorry. I never heard of her. Not being rude. I’m a father of 3 who more than carries his weight at home. I make supper and then clean it up and run my “kids” all around. I’d rather bye you
I know I don’t post much anymore. That’s on me and my life. BUT… I’ve been here for 30 years. I’m a father of 3, and a dad who more than pulls his own weight. Please, please don’t question my world knowledge and understanding of the world. Right hand up on my oldest son, I never heard of her. I guess I’m sorry about it.

Hey man, I’m sorry. I never heard of her. Not being rude. I’m a father of 3 who more than carries his weight at home. I make supper and then clean it up and run my “kids” all around. I’d rather bye you
She has been featured on multiple network news outlets, interviewed by multiple radio show hosts, massive amount of social media debate both for and against her.

If your kids are over 12, ask them about her and report back. Would love to hear what they think of her…both boys or girls.

She has been featured on multiple network news outlets, interviewed by multiple radio show hosts, massive amount of social media debate both for and against her.

If your kids are over 12, ask them about her and report back. Would love to hear what they think of her…both boys or girls.
I don’t know what to tell you. I thought you knew me from way back. It’s ok though. I took off a few years. I’m on your side. Believe that.

Reactions: Hotshoe and Jerry
That's the thing. If they say there can't be "hateful" speech then that means someone has to define what is and is not hateful. Notice how the people that say there can't be hateful speech always want to be the ones to determine what is and is not hateful speech. Here's something you never, ever hear: "We can't allow hateful speech, and I will leave it to people that have different views than my own to determine what is and is not hateful."

And as far as "hurtful" speech goes, we can't have speech that someone finds "hurtful?" Okay then, we can't have any speech at all because literally everything is "hurtful" to someone somewhere.

It's all just a means of control and a ploy to wield power over others.

Sorry...Captain Intramurals is on the scene.

I am sure that you went as hard as you could when they got the better of you. Hard fouls, hand checks, huge box outs, running through screens. Yeah, no, I didn't think so. If you did then quite frankly you weren't very good or physical of a player and deserved that they got the best of you.
Yeah...shot well taken...but Suzie McConnell was a great PG...male or female. PatSummit at UT famously practiced her teams against males to prep them.

Our team had the PG and C from a Williamsport 5A champ team, a 6'7 male PSU cheerleader who played at Roman Catholic and a kid who played at Harrisburg High. Could we have beaten the PSU ladies at the time?

They were well coached and had a large Scandanavian Center. There was a 3 for women so they could likely trade 3s for our easier 2s. But they were really good.Suzy McConnell was an Olympian. Who knows?

I guess the celebration over the D 3 female football player puts things in perspective. I respect that she refused to be "followed" for the past 3 years for NIL...she isn't trying to change the world...just play football. Will she be a contributor...maybe.

Obli is right- all about money. Team sports will likely be different than individual ones. We do occasionally see male hockey players on girls field hockey teams in our area. They tend to dominate. Is it "right?" We also have girls on our golf team- they compete vs males for our team but play for their own state tourney. My kids swam and only the best female swimmers can compete with guys, while mediocre males can do very well against females. Track will be the same.

The identified at birth as primary "divisions" is where we started. Didn't there used to be a "Gay Games" in the late 80s/90s? If so...it no longer exists. All depends on what the courts decide the classifications of humans are...which I think the large majority of people will disagree with.

Reactions: psrurock
I don’t know what to tell you. I thought you knew me from way back. It’s ok though. I took off a few years. I’m on your side. Believe that.
I am just surprised you never heard of her. She has been a major story for a year.

If your kids are over twelve just ask them if ever heard of a swimmer by that name. If they do no, drop it….. not something young kids should have to know about. But I bet they do.

I am just surprised you never heard of her. She has been a major story for a year.

If your kids are over twelve just ask them if ever heard of a swimmer by that name. If they do no, drop it….. not something young kids should have to know about. But I bet they do.
If you knew my kids, I’m sure they know. They just aren’t home. I will let you know tomorrow. I just never heard her name, sadly. And my “kids”. Are 21, 20, and 16. I’m getting old.

PSU is lying and backtracking. Riley Gaines has shown online the room reserved for her presentation in th Hub. That reservation wasn’t specific about the speaker and as soon as someone found out it was Riley Gaines it got canceled.

The video from the PSU prez was not specific to this situation. But it was wrong to assume that opinions you disagree w are “bigoted”, and it was wrong for PSU to say anything in this situation other than “we were wrong and we welcome Riley Gaines to speak at any time”. There is 0.00000% chance there wasn’t any empty building tomorrow night where this event could have been held.
Agree. A group of “town and gown” influencers were warned of this about 10 days ago although no name was given. PSU just blamed it on bureaucratic red tape. How convenient.

That's the thing. If they say there can't be "hateful" speech then that means someone has to define what is and is not hateful. Notice how the people that say there can't be hateful speech always want to be the ones to determine what is and is not hateful speech. Here's something you never, ever hear: "We can't allow hateful speech, and I will leave it to people that have different views than my own to determine what is and is not hateful."

And as far as "hurtful" speech goes, we can't have speech that someone finds "hurtful?" Okay then, we can't have any speech at all because literally everything is "hurtful" to someone somewhere.

It's all just a means of control and a ploy to wield power over others.
“Hate speech” is pretty much just the name for speech someone disagrees with, much like “misinformation”. I’ve seen what gets labeled as hate speech these days and none of it’s hate speech. Let everyone talk, if someone doesn’t like it, they don’t have to listen…it’s pretty simple.

Last edited:
“Hate speech” is pretty much just the name for speech someone disagrees with, much like “misinformation”. I’ve seen what gets labeled as hate speech these days and none of it’s hate speech. Let everyone talk, if someone doesn’t like it, they don’t have to listen…it’s pretty simple.
Yes it essentially is code for you better never even question yet alone criticize a group like transgenders. If you do you are a hater and a purveyor of hate speech. Not sure what they label someone who is anti-God but somehow I don't think those people ever spew hate speech.

Glad she had the courage and perseverance to force PSU’s hand by showing up “with a soapbox and a bullhorn”.

Too bad PSU was too afraid to tolerate her “hateful” message that biological males don’t belong in women’s sports because it might upset the intolerant woke mob.

People “follow the science” when the data backs up the science. You remember “show your work” from high school, right? 100% of the data says very clearly biological males have an enormous advantage in sports over women. To say nothing of the issue of having a guy in girls locker rooms.

Fauci declaring himself “the science” doesn’t mean anyone should follow him. Because the data shows he was a charlatan. Because he refused to show his work.
Agreed

Yes, I have. To them, it’s about “fairness and opportunity for their children”.
My reply, sometimes we forfeit certain opportunities when we CHOOSE to take certain paths. And yes, I said choose.
This is 10000% right. We have rules that restrict sport participation for high school kids who transfer schools, college kids who transfer schools… all based on fairness of competition

But it is bigoted to say you shouldn’t be allowed to compete if you choose to transition from male to female, gaining an undeniable physical advantage over women competitors.

Yes it essentially is code for you better never even question yet alone criticize a group like transgenders. If you do you are a hater and a purveyor of hate speech. Not sure what they label someone who is anti-God but somehow I don't think those people ever spew hate speech.
What can a persecuted white male Karen do these days to defend himself from all the transgender hate speech directed his way. I recommend arming up against the rising tide of hateful violent transgenders before we white male heteros are persecuted into distinction. The beatings and harassment we face from the transgender thugs is unconscionable. From the vandalism of our houses with spray painted hate speech to the burning down of our churches and gentlemen clubs by the transgenders leads to fear in our children. It all starts with the unprovoked neverending hate speech by transgenders against us . We must rise up and stem the tide before we are all forced at gun point to cross dress or to be beaten to death by transgender purses!

.....😂

It's too bad she didn't speak on Old Main Lawn so Neeli could have listened in. And of course the protesters tried to shout her down because that is such a mature and respectful thing to do.

"I would’ve preferred that it would have been a civil discourse… [Gaines] has had that experience on other campuses. She asked a couple of times if people had questions from the other side, and they refused. That’s telling. Intellectual discussions and intellectual honesty is paramount on a university campus.” - Senator Chris Dush

Yeah...shot well taken...but Suzie McConnell was a great PG...male or female. PatSummit at UT famously practiced her teams against males to prep them.

Our team had the PG and C from a Williamsport 5A champ team, a 6'7 male PSU cheerleader who played at Roman Catholic and a kid who played at Harrisburg High. Could we have beaten the PSU ladies at the time?

They were well coached and had a large Scandanavian Center. There was a 3 for women so they could likely trade 3s for our easier 2s. But they were really good.Suzy McConnell was an Olympian. Who knows?

I guess the celebration over the D 3 female football player puts things in perspective. I respect that she refused to be "followed" for the past 3 years for NIL...she isn't trying to change the world...just play football. Will she be a contributor...maybe.

Obli is right- all about money. Team sports will likely be different than individual ones. We do occasionally see male hockey players on girls field hockey teams in our area. They tend to dominate. Is it "right?" We also have girls on our golf team- they compete vs males for our team but play for their own state tourney. My kids swam and only the best female swimmers can compete with guys, while mediocre males can do very well against females. Track will be the same.

The identified at birth as primary "divisions" is where we started. Didn't there used to be a "Gay Games" in the late 80s/90s? If so...it no longer exists. All depends on what the courts decide the classifications of humans are...which I think the large majority of people will disagree with.
I am aware of the "Grey Teams" that many, if not all, WBB Teams use to prep their team. I am also aware that before these men play against their women they are given some rules to not cross.

But that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about biological men getting the same training, the same instructions, the same training table, the same weight workouts, the same everything and then going out and playing with biological females. You are not just taking a guy and playing against women. You are taking a guy, giving him every resource, and then letting him do that.

In the case of the swimmer....the Thomas thing didn't just come out of the dorms and swam in a meet. He/She got all the perks of being a college athlete and then got to compete at the lower level.

Could you imagine Dylan Crews or Wyatt Langford being allowed to compete on the LSU or Florida WSB Teams?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT