ADVERTISEMENT

Dec 22

Rokfin now has the extra tip option starting at $2.00. I'll give a $2.00 tip for each folkstyle match. I enjoyed everything they have put forward so far but I miss folk.
College guys can only wrestle freestyle due to compliance issues.And the Senior level guys are done with folkstyle

quick q for those that may know the NCAA rules. Could an athlete have the money they earn in the club 'saved' until they graduate. Sort of like a trust fund. So RBY could be earning now but just not officially.
I will look into that for you.My gut says yes though.I know KS was able to receive his living the dream fund money while still in college.But he did have some money that he had to wait for if I remember correctly.I think a athlete could start a Rokfin channel as long as they never cash in RAE until they graduate.I know that's being looked into as we speak

I know you all were expecting a fat tip gif...
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Is the flotation device really necessary?

I think it's really unlikely that you'd be able to earn and save any type of trust money outside of the Olympics. Football schools would have been all over this from day one.
Guys would be allowed sponsors essentially and just not receive funds until graduation.
I know they are relaxing the rules some, but if this was allowed it would really surprise me.

Reactions: 1032004
Depending on who goes, could be really interesting.

Hidlay vs Nolf/Bekzod/Cenzo (knee?)?
C-Star vs Bullard?
Lee vs other Bullard?
AB vs T. Hidlay?
Mike Mach vs DT/Nickal/Snyder?
Kerkvliet vs Gwiz?

It will be a bloodbath at the lower weights if Zain, Lee, Gilman, or even BB go.

Last edited:
Rokfin now has the extra tip option starting at $2.00. I'll give a $2.00 tip for each folkstyle match. I enjoyed everything they have put forward so far but I miss folk.

Anyone know how the tips work? I see there's different amounts and a message section. Id like to tip $50 to the most impressive performance. $20 for 2nd and $10 for third. If a senior level guy is in top 3, I'd like it to go to the wrestler (ex $50 to Magic Man). If its a college wrestler it can go to club in that persons honor.

Seem doable?

Depending on who goes, could be really interesting.

Hidlay vs Nolf/Bekzod/Cenzo (knee?)?
C-Star vs Bullard?
Lee vs other Bullard?
AB vs T. Hidlay?
Mike Mach vs DT/Nickal/Snyder?
Kerkvliet vs Gwiz?

It will be a bloodbath at the lower weights if Zain, Lee, Gilman, or even BB go.
See post 11.

Regarding the lightweights: NC State won't have Darian Cruz as a ringer like he was for RTC Cup. He's on the Pitt undercard.

Frank Popolizio wrote in a reply

Jeremy Sluyter it’s all over the place . Some will have 1 per weight , some 4 💪

Im sure they’ll have a bike in the back for a good hard 5 minute sprint then cool down.

I was thinking about that.

Some of these matches, if they are actually being done at scratch, are good for getting down to weight, weighing in, and wrestling X number of hours after that. But, after the 2-3 minutes that some of them last, are the NLWC/PSU guys/gals going back to the warmup area and doing some live to simulate a hard, 6 (FS) or 7 (folk) match?

I'm sure Cael or Casey give them pretty specific direction, but I always wonder about this.

Reactions: Str8DBLz

Some of these matches, if they are actually being done at scratch, are good for getting down to weight, weighing in, and wrestling X number of hours after that. But, after the 2-3 minutes that some of them last, are the NLWC/PSU guys/gals going back to the warmup area and doing some live to simulate a hard, 6 (FS) or 7 (folk) match?

I'm sure Cael or Casey give them pretty specific direction, but I always wonder about this.
They dont run off the mat/thru crowd cuz they havta poop.

Such as Joe Lee putting in a (what) 37 second match?

Professional and Collegiate Sports section seems to allow Dec 22.

Otherwise the edict is fodder for the Dumpster Fire thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT