57 kg: Howard (if healthy) or Rodriguez vs. Camacho
65 kg: Nick Lee vs. Wilson; Bartlett vs Kevin Jack
157: Bearclaw vs. Ed Scott
74 kg: Cenzo vs. Hidlay; Bekzod vs. Gantt
86 kg: Brooks vs. Hidlay
197: Beard vs. Reenan
97 kg: Espinal vs. Macchiavello; Lefever vs. McCall
125 kg: Kerk vs. Gwiz; Cassar (if healthy) or Nevills vs. Boykin

I'd much rather see Hidlay face Cenzo than Jason again. Cenzo has a pretty good counter for Hidlay's underhook.

they just wrestled in October--Im thik they wont wrestle again this soon
Cruz hasn't left Lehigh's club, is a one-time ringer for the RTC Cup.

But if he wants to participate in this, maybe RBY at 61 kg?

IIRC Kasper left for Vince McMahon.

But here are some potential matches, if Pop were to bring his squad north:
*** BO VS. ED ***

We can stop there.

Continue, you say?

57 kg: Howard (if healthy) or Rodriguez vs. Camacho
65 kg: Nick Lee vs. Wilson; Bartlett vs Kevin Jack
157: Bearclaw vs. Ed Scott
74 kg: Cenzo vs. Hidlay; Bekzod vs. Gantt
86 kg: Brooks vs. Hidlay
197: Beard vs. Reenan
97 kg: Espinal vs. Macchiavello; Lefever vs. McCall
125 kg: Kerk vs. Gwiz; Cassar (if healthy) or Nevills vs. Boykin

I'd much rather see Hidlay face Cenzo than Jason again. Cenzo has a pretty good counter for Hidlay's underhook.
Bo has to weigh quite a bit more than Ed these days, right?

Kaspar is still on their website roster, fwiw.

Bo has to weigh quite a bit more than Ed these days, right?

Kaspar is still on their website roster, fwiw.
If Ed has lost that much weight, then maybe Starocci. Or Hall is still on campus.

Kasper's Twitter bio says "WWE Superstar." And he signed with McMahon in October.

Crap. Every time I unsubscribe, Cael pulls me back in. I feel like I am living the Godfather part III.
giphy.gif

If Ed has lost that much weight, then maybe Starocci. Or Hall is still on campus.

Kasper's Twitter bio says "WWE Superstar." And he signed with McMahon in October.
I think Nolf vs. Ed would be my preference, as I think about it. Ed's size advantage mitigated by the "sharpness" factor in freestyle. I guess Jason did just wrestle a wrestler turned MMA guy. No matter who gets it, the possible matchup with Ed is exciting to think about.

I'm not familiar w/McMahon contracts; does his work with them effectively end any other competition types for him?

When he first tweeted the "Dec 22", tweet, I was thinking he would be involved. But he could possibly have just been doing so as a fan, which the subsequent matchup tweet might support.

The NLWC stable is so full of horses, it's more fun to include Kasper in the lists of possible opponents.

I'm not sure there was much "recruiting " for Jacob Kasper to join the WWE.

I talked to him briefly on the Wednesday before the Pittsburgh NCAA and he told me that was his goal. I have worked several WWE events at PPG and that was the discussion. Jacob was a nice kid.

The singularity focused doofus I can be, my group shared a Suite for the tournament with some Duke people. Jacob's dad was in the suite with me and I didn't know it until the session 6 finals.

The elder Hidlay has the shortest legs I've ever seen. Almost looks like something went wrong. Strange look.

I'm not familiar w/McMahon contracts; does his work with them effectively end any other competition types for him?

When he first tweeted the "Dec 22", tweet, I was thinking he would be involved. But he could possibly have just been doing so as a fan, which the subsequent matchup tweet might support.

The NLWC stable is so full of horses, it's more fun to include Kasper in the lists of possible opponents.
They make you sign away your soul. Forget outside competitions, WWE "independent contractors " can't even make money on their own social media accounts. It's possible they would let him, but i think it unlikely they would, given the situation in 2020.

They make you sign away your soul. Forget outside competitions, WWE "independent contractors " can't even make money on their own social media accounts. It's possible they would let him, but i think it unlikely they would, given the situation in 2020.
For something like this? Zero chance.

It might be different for something WWE could use for marketing -- such as if Kasper made the Olympics. Maybe not even then.

Plus if you're Kasper -- a brand new employee and therefore completely replaceable -- why would you even ask? Kneecap his career before it even starts.

Reactions: jtothemfp
For something like this? Zero chance.

It might be different for something WWE could use for marketing -- such as if Kasper made the Olympics. Maybe not even then.

Plus if you're Kasper -- a brand new employee and therefore completely replaceable -- why would you even ask? Kneecap his career before it even starts.

Thanks board bros

Reactions: tewlepz
WWE can do that because they’re WWE, but AEW is doing some awesome, creative stuff, even using Jake Hager’s MMA career in their canon of storylines.

It seems like an easy way to develop cross-promotional interest and increase that “real fight feel”, but Vince loves drama and shitty 30min show-opening promos that are over-scripted all to hell.

First match-ups could be announced any day now :).

Just happy to see some wrestling. Frankly, I hope to catch some of the RTC Cup tomorrow and Saturday (Dec. 4&5) too.

No one has said what is up with young AB. Is he training, and just not competing in these Freestyle cards?

Or, is he on the DL for a while?

Hope all is well with him.

WWE can do that because they’re WWE, but AEW is doing some awesome, creative stuff, even using Jake Hager’s MMA career in their canon of storylines.

It seems like an easy way to develop cross-promotional interest and increase that “real fight feel”, but Vince loves drama and shitty 30min show-opening promos that are over-scripted all to hell.
"It's Stiiiiiinggg!!!!

Reactions: CropDuster507
Just read on HR that they are finally starting a Rokfin channel. Those little Brands boys must admire Cael, as they're constantly following along in his footsteps. 😁

Reactions: nitlion6
Just read on HR that they are finally starting a Rokfin channel. Those little Brands boys must admire Cael, as they're constantly following along in his footsteps. 😁

The guy that creates The Inner Circle content seems to be leveraging it. Already posted Free Lugo video interview. The circle is getting more outer.

First one unofficially announced...

RBY vs. Aljamain Sterling

Twitter challenge back and forth with Sterling saying he’d contact his boss and then followed by saying it looks like I’m wrestling in PA on 12/22. Catch weight of 150 - didn’t see this coming...

First one unofficially announced...

RBY vs. Aljamain Sterling

Twitter challenge back and forth with Sterling saying he’d contact his boss and then followed by saying it looks like I’m wrestling in PA on 12/22. Catch weight of 150 - didn’t see this coming...

You can call me Scrooge, but I’m not a fan of this matchup. Wrestling a guy who’s quite a bit heavier and not a wrestler, first and foremost, may be a recipe for disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
You can call me Scrooge, but I’m not a fan of this matchup. Wrestling a guy who’s quite a bit heavier and not a wrestler, first and foremost, may be a recipe for disaster.
I would rather see him vs Suriano or Nashon or something but Sterling was a D3 National Champ, so it will at least look like a wrestling match for about a minute or two or the first 10 points, whichever is first.

He was a wrestler at Cortland 2012 was his last year I think

There's obviously better pure wrestling match ups, but Sterling is active on social meida, top 3 at his weight in the UFC and provides an opportunity to grow the NLWC Rokfin & bring new eyeballs to the event. Him vs. RBY is perfect from a marketing standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT