ADVERTISEMENT

Dec 22

WWE can do that because they’re WWE, but AEW is doing some awesome, creative stuff, even using Jake Hager’s MMA career in their canon of storylines.

It seems like an easy way to develop cross-promotional interest and increase that “real fight feel”, but Vince loves drama and shitty 30min show-opening promos that are over-scripted all to hell.
Had to post on this sorry. Aew is a JOKE. They have a fat drunk running the show, Jericho, and he's making a joke out of it lol. Christ they have a guy who wrestles with his hands in his pockets lol. Ya can't make this stuff up. Both shows suck but aew is seriously for the add children. The only good thing on there, MJF, they've now completely ruined. Aew sucks and it won't take long before tony khans daddy pulls the plug. Everything that man owns sucks; aew, the jaguars and some soccer team in Europe. I never thought I'd read about aew on here wow. They've turned pro wrestling into really bad gymnastic routines. Again the wwe sucks also but it's two different levels of suck.

You need some Jim Cornette in your life.

There's obviously better pure wrestling match ups, but Sterling is active on social meida, top 3 at his weight in the UFC and provides an opportunity to grow the NLWC Rokfin & bring new eyeballs to the event. Him vs. RBY is perfect from a marketing standpoint.
Aljamain sterling? Dude walks around at like 160lbs or bigger. Might as well get Jon Jones and Joseph in a Greco match lol.

Reactions: tewlepz and hlstone
Had to post on this sorry. Aew is a JOKE. They have a fat drunk running the show, Jericho, and he's making a joke out of it lol. Christ they have a guy who wrestles with his hands in his pockets lol. Ya can't make this stuff up. Both shows suck but aew is seriously for the add children. The only good thing on there, MJF, they've now completely ruined. Aew sucks and it won't take long before tony khans daddy pulls the plug. Everything that man owns sucks; aew, the jaguars and some soccer team in Europe. I never thought I'd read about aew on here wow. They've turned pro wrestling into really bad gymnastic routines. Again the wwe sucks also but it's two different levels of suck.

You need some Jim Cornette in your life.

I listen to a fair amount of Cornette. He’s entertaining, but I also think Orange Cassidy is entertaining. If given the choice, I watch Dynamite before any other show.

You brought a proper amount of passion though, and I appreciate that.

Is he the crazy one or the one that can't sit still during a match? :D
giphy.gif

Glad to hear that Mr. Brooks. I'll definitely be looking forward to it if he's scheduled to wrestle.

RBY is great for wrestling and PSU! AB hasn’t stopped training and may wrestle the 22nd. He is in great health and no worries. Thanks for asking

Reactions: tewlepz
Does this match excite anyone? These cross sport matches are a joke and a gimmick. I’d love to watch RBY wrestle another good wrestler worthy of him, but this doesn’t do it for me.

let me know when the actual wrestling matches get announced.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Does this match excite anyone? These cross sport matches are a joke and a gimmick. I’d love to watch RBY wrestle another good wrestler worthy of him, but this doesn’t do it for me.

Aljamain Sterling has nearly 100k Twitter/220k Instagram followers. I will gladly take a cross match even if only 10% of his followers sign up to Rokfin and the NLWC gets their cut.

I hear what you are saying, and admittedly, I would prefer to see RBY wrestle a top tier 133/141 wrestler. That being said, given the popularity of MMA and the potential to expose more MMA fans to college wrestling , I can see some positives to this type of a match.

I hear what you are saying, and admittedly, I would prefer to see RBY wrestle a top tier 133/141 wrestler. That being said, given the popularity of MMA and the potential to expose more MMA fans to college wrestling , I can see some positives to this type of a match.
You do realize Ohio State started offering their football players branding coaches like 5-7 years ago right? They were the first to do it and it separated them in recruiting. Seems to have worked out there. Cael is ahead of the curve again. He’s getting the sport exposed to other audiences and letting his team get more exposure at the same time, plus presumably making money for the athletes and club.

Reactions: tewlepz
quick q for those that may know the NCAA rules. Could an athlete have the money they earn in the club 'saved' until they graduate. Sort of like a trust fund. So RBY could be earning now but just not officially.

Reactions: Dogwelder
quick q for those that may know the NCAA rules. Could an athlete have the money they earn in the club 'saved' until they graduate. Sort of like a trust fund. So RBY could be earning now but just not officially.
Might be possible. Snyder's freestyle money was put into a trust while he was at Ohio State.

Definitely something the Compliance office would have to pre-approve.

Reactions: yekrut321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT