ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Jones credits 4 people for the survival of PSU FB. Any guesses?

"Blindsided"? Complete horse$hit, he had a clause specifically in his contract that talks about potential sanctions coming (because the scum that were negotiating with him were the creators of the FALSE NARRATIVE and conspired with the NCAA via Freeh and knew what was coming down the pike) and he had a provision within his GUARANTEED CONTRACT that EXTENDED HIS GUARANTEE for every year the program was under NCAA scholarship or bowl sanction. Absurd to claim that FLO, a coach that never held a Head Coaching Contract before PSU, being guaranteed roughly $3.5 million per year in a long-term guarantee was anything but an incredibly, unbelievably generous contract for a coach with ZERO HC EXPERIENCE. Laughable to claim that he signed a LONG-TERM GUARANTEED CONTRACT with no knowledge about what was going on and was"blindsided" by the sanctions.

But let's be real. ALL of us were blindsided by the magnitude of the sanctions. Even some of the NCAA folks. Except Emmert.

I There was a lot to think about. I don't think it was any where near as easy as some portray it to be.

Steven Fink, the father of crisis management as well as a PSU alum, immediately offered his help for free and it was declined. This is the guy who handled crisis management related to Three Mile Island and was brought on as a consultant to help manage PR related to Chernobyl. Yes, nuclear meltdowns are far bigger crises than sex abuse. There is simply no good excuse for the Cabal turning down his help. Just one of many bad decisions they made. You look foolish when you defend the Cabal.

Steven Fink, the father of crisis management as well as a PSU alum, immediately offered his help for free and it was declined. This is the guy who handled crisis management related to Three Mile Island and was brought on as a consultant to help manage PR related to Chernobyl. Yes, nuclear meltdowns are far bigger crises than sex abuse. There is simply no good excuse for the Cabal turning down his help. Just one of many bad decisions they made. You look foolish when you defend the Cabal.

That wasn't a bad decision. They wanted no part of anyone who would discover their acts.

That wasn't a bad decision. They wanted no part of anyone who would discover their acts.

I'm not convinced that it was *all* malicious on *all* parties. Stupid, yes. Incompetent, ok. Overwhelmed, certainly.

I'm not convinced that it was *all* malicious on *all* parties. Stupid, yes. Incompetent, ok. Overwhelmed, certainly.

Some of the trustees may have been blindsided, but there were certainly trustees who were deliberately fueling the fire. Remember Vic Surma's infamous quotes? Who do you think put Ganim in touch with him? The trustees who were actively agitating against Paterno may not have foreseen the damage that their actions would eventually do to Penn State, but forgiving them or giving them credit for doing the best they could when the NCAA came down on Penn State is like giving a firebug credit for throwing a single bucket of water in an attempt to put out the forest fire that he started.

"Blindsided"? Complete horse$hit, he had a clause specifically in his contract that talks about potential sanctions coming (because the scum that were negotiating with him were the creators of the FALSE NARRATIVE and conspired with the NCAA via Freeh and knew what was coming down the pike) and he had a provision within his GUARANTEED CONTRACT that EXTENDED HIS GUARANTEE for every year the program was under NCAA scholarship or bowl sanction. Absurd to claim that FLO, a coach that never held a Head Coaching Contract before PSU, being guaranteed roughly $3.5 million per year in a long-term guarantee was anything but an incredibly, unbelievably generous contract for a coach with ZERO HC EXPERIENCE. Laughable to claim that he signed a LONG-TERM GUARANTEED CONTRACT with no knowledge about what was going on and was"blindsided" by the sanctions.

sanctions that for all intents and purposes were not believed to be coming , so yes blindsided

Some of the trustees may have been blindsided, but there were certainly trustees who were deliberately fueling the fire. Remember Vic Surma's infamous quotes? Who do you think put Ganim in touch with him? The trustees who were actively agitating against Paterno may not have foreseen the damage that their actions would eventually do to Penn State, but forgiving them or giving them credit for doing the best they could when the NCAA came down on Penn State is like giving a firebug credit for throwing a single bucket of water in an attempt to put out the forest fire that he started.

I feel that to this day, there are members of the 2011 PSU board of trustees who were basically praying for something like this their entire lives. I think Surma was sweating during that PC because he had to contain himself from chest-bumping everybody in the room.

sanctions that for all intents and purposes were not believed to be coming , so yes blindsided

Right, the scumbags who conspired with the NCAA via Freeh to execute PSU and her Football Program with their FALSE NARRATIVE were "blindsided" by the sanctions they created via the BS FALSE NARRATIVE that they created? Right, yea, whatever you say.......good one! ROTGLMFAO at you BOT-bots and boot-lickers, y'all are funny!

Reactions: marshall23
Right, the scumbags who conspired with the NCAA via Freeh to execute PSU and her Football Program with their FALSE NARRATIVE were "blindsided" by the sanctions they created via the BS FALSE NARRATIVE that they created? Right, yea, whatever you say.......good one! ROTGLMFAO at you BOT-bots and boot-lickers, y'all are funny!

wow........you've turned bill O'Brien into the entire board of trustees....lol.......it's a bright sunny day..relax.....stop being an angry little elf...life is short.....smile bushwood

Strange timing for this article.

Yea, no doubt. Almost like the PR Machine of the corrupt politicians and their benefactors who hijacked PSU want it put out into the media what a wonderful job they did in "saving" PSU. Gee, they must be gearing up the PR spin machine to combat some bad news that is coming regarding their FALSE NARRATIVE.

I'm not. There were some who were clearly malicious. But I don't think they all were, as some here seem to think. I think a lot of them got caught sleeping--and the whole board should have had the gumption to resign--as Garban did, to his credit.

Reactions: Zenophile
I'm not. There were some who were clearly malicious. But I don't think they all were, as some here seem to think. I think a lot of them got caught sleeping--and the whole board should have had the gumption to resign--as Garban did, to his credit.

I tend to agree, but the thing about it that doesn't make sense is why such "caught sleeping" Trustees continued to support the actions of blaming Paterno/football program and fighting the alumni elected Trustees? Outside of Clemens, why hasn't anyone else come out and actually said "mistakes were made, let's fix this going forward" and not just double down on the errors?

Jesus, what a day. I get to call Dave Joyner a piece of shit in one thread and Dave Jones a piece of shit in another.

David Jones is a maggot.

If Jones was hanging off the side of the Grand Canyon, I'd step on his fingers.

Still blows my mind that Joe Paterno had so many enemies. And they all seem to be cut from the same cloth.
I am among the biggest supporters of JVP anywhere. However, I think one can understand that trustees and Spanier took a great deal of heat from alumni etc. during the dark years. Much like a ballplayer who has a bad stretch and happens to be in his mid to late thirties. It isn't viewed as a slump but a sign he is finished. Joe was such a cash cow for the university that they couldn't touch him. Don't you think Sandusky enjoyed giving that goofy grin to his trustee buddies as the losses accumulated? Then some of the issues arose that high school coaches deal with. Sonny Boy didn't get enough playing time......etc. Judas didn't get to be the team doctor. The trustees got to play and tinker with every other part of the university, but Joe kept them in their place when it came to football.
Just when The Fools thought they could convince Joe to retire along came 9/25/05. Joe went from old to a national treasure. The Ship of Fools seethed and stewed. Every year when I stopped by spring practice someone would be telling a story about who the trustees favored to succeed Joe. Who backed Tom Bradley, others liked LJ......
Most of the trustees were clueless, but not Surma, Suhey, Lubert, Joyner, etc, IMHO the phone lines burned for days and perhaps weeks between Corbett and The Fools. The indictments and GJP created the pretense to execute the coup. The Fools thought it would be lost in the magnitude of the Sandusky allegations.

Remember when Dave Jones was bragging that he found about Sandusky in 2005? #enabler

Sara Ganim was tipped about the investigation about Sandusky in 2009 -- right after he didn't show up for the kickoff dinner for The Second Mile's golf tournament. She didn't advance the story one bit until she got to the Patriot News in January 2011 -- and was given the 1998 police report.

wow........you've turned bill O'Brien into the entire board of trustees....lol.......it's a bright sunny day..relax.....stop being an angry little elf...life is short.....smile bushwood

FLO was their boy as the BOT offsite "slideshow" and the way he left, including orchestrating a disgraceful attack on PSU and her supporters with Douche-bag Davey Jones to be dropped liked the malicious bomb it was the day after FLO slunk out in the dark of night after lying to his team and recruits. Yea, such an honorable self-serving, self-promoting, servile BOT-bot boot-licking "man". FLO was not his own man and the corrupt BOT made it quite clear that he was simply their "boy" and FLO made it quite clear that he was nothing but a sellout and "Head Coaching Contract" horse-trader and that is all he ever intended to be at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT